Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
The question is: what constitutes a positive diagnosis?

A bunch of our malcontents will not be satisfied until they see positive lab results in triplicate from three independent labs.

Me? I am willing to take the word of the attending physician. That is what they are trained to do.

Except they're not diagnosing -they're guessing from 10 feet away and the GUESS always seems to end up CV19.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We as a country have "screwed the pooch" when it comes to testing for Covid-19.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
When going with a personal bias or monetary interest is in one's ( or the systems's/organization's) "best interest", "what does it matter?".

Insert sarcasm moji.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All about the money baby!

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Has anyone ever seen a death cert which says "Suspected heart failure, don't know for sure", "Suspected drug overdose, but not positive", "Possible blunt force trauma when the head hit the pavement after jumping from a ten story building. But not really sure. Might have been a heart attack on the way down."

The few death certificates that I've seen listed a previously diagnosed illness and/or an underlying condition as the cause of death, unless the death was from an obvious acute incident, a fall or vehicle accident or suicide or gunshot wound or etc.

My Father's death certificate listed old age, he was 91, and Leukemia. An underlying condition, old age, and a previously diagnosed illness, Leukemia.

If a person dies and hasn't been positively diagnosed with COVID-19, how accurate is it to cite the cause of death as being from COVID-19? Might have been COVID-19, but how can anyone know without the person testing positive? It seems like a binary, black or white, situation. You either test positive or your don't, no maybes.

It's called DATA. More specifically multi-variate analysis. I was working with a data set last week and we could predict with over 95% certainty if a person had heart disease without a diagnosis.

Like wise, there are ways to determine if a person has COVID-19 with a high degree of certainty, without the DNA test,through other methods such as chest x-rays, lung ultra-sounds and symptom correlation. Under some conditions, some of these methods are actually MORE accurate then the currently available test, and are being used to identify "false negatives", i.e. when the DNA test says a person doesn't have Covid when they do.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"Dead and old" isn't a robust enough data set for me to say someone had CV19 but it seems to be the minimum applied.

Me

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Seems many on here want to deny all the dead bodies pilling up in many state. First if a person is in the hospital

for COVID-19 for a week and dies from a heart attack what do you call it? To me the root cause of the death was the COVID-19. The good news today is.

The mayor of Lansing Michigan today said they got the first of the new Abbot Quick tests. Many others have the only have the tester, no kits.

Anyway Lansing got both. They tested there police force and bus drivers. Most of the police force was off work. After the tests. 225 tested positive and

500 + went back to work. He was very happy with the test, yet surprised with how many tested positive.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by teal
"Dead and old" isn't a robust enough data set for me to say someone had CV19 but it seems to be the minimum applied.

PREZACTLY

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Right ! The NYC health commissioner was telling everyone to go out and party like normal as late as mid-March. Wouldn’t trust that Affirmative Action Dr. as far as I can throw her.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Please stop repeating stupid meme's. You are way smarter than that.

Here's the actual reporting criteria, take a few minutes to read them yourself.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/vsrg/vsrg03-508.pdf

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

I know what DOCTORS and NURSES I know were being told and that is "If you don't know if they had CV19, assume they did and put it down as such"

You many fail to understand is while the CDC can say you need - X - the states like NY are doing what they want and that's what's driving the response. NY did add 3700 to CV19 deaths without any positive test or diagnosis. No test at all.

That doesn't meet spec but it is what's happening.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

A bunch of our malcontents will not be satisfied until they see positive lab results in triplicate from three independent labs.

Me? I am willing to take the word of the attending physician. That is what they are trained to do.

I don't know if I'm a malcontent, but physicians routinely order lab tests to confirm what they think. No physician can see a virus and unless the symptoms of COVID-19 are unique, the physician doesn't really know until the results of the lab tests come back.

During the Vietnam War, it was rumored that many cases of Malaria were officially diagnosed a "FUO", Feaver of Unknown Origin. Doing so kept the official number of Malaria cases down to an acceptable rate. Who reported all of those "massaged" diagnoses? Physicians and only physicians.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The propaganda machine found a new gear on this one. The daily deaths were trending down, so "we" needed to revive the hysteria... Thanks Libtards.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

I know what DOCTORS and NURSES I know were being told and that is "If you don't know if they had CV19, assume they did and put it down as such"

You many fail to understand is while the CDC can say you need - X - the states like NY are doing what they want and that's what's driving the response. NY did add 3700 to CV19 deaths without any positive test or diagnosis. No test at all.

That doesn't meet spec but it is what's happening.

The 3700's consistent with the statistical modeling of excess deaths, and if anything a little low.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Has anyone ever seen a death cert which says "Suspected heart failure, don't know for sure", "Suspected drug overdose, but not positive", "Possible blunt force trauma when the head hit the pavement after jumping from a ten story building. But not really sure. Might have been a heart attack on the way down."

The few death certificates that I've seen listed a previously diagnosed illness and/or an underlying condition as the cause of death, unless the death was from an obvious acute incident, a fall or vehicle accident or suicide or gunshot wound or etc.

My Father's death certificate listed old age, he was 91, and Leukemia. An underlying condition, old age, and a previously diagnosed illness, Leukemia.

If a person dies and hasn't been positively diagnosed with COVID-19, how accurate is it to cite the cause of death as being from COVID-19? Might have been COVID-19, but how can anyone know without the person testing positive? It seems like a binary, black or white, situation. You either test positive or your don't, no maybes.

It's called DATA. More specifically multi-variate analysis. I was working with a data set last week and we could predict with over 95% certainty if a person had heart disease without a diagnosis.

Like wise, there are ways to determine if a person has COVID-19 with a high degree of certainty, without the DNA test,through other methods such as chest x-rays, lung ultra-sounds and symptom correlation. Under some conditions, some of these methods are actually MORE accurate then the currently available test, and are being used to identify "false negatives", i.e. when the DNA test says a person doesn't have Covid when they do.

So, are you saying that the currently accepted method for testing for COVID-19 doesn't work? If so, how often, and where are you getting your information?

You have more faith in the depth of physician knowledge as it pertains to COVID-19 than I do. I am also suspect of data being used with regard to COVID-19, particularly any data coming out of the NYC metro area. Garbage in, garbage out.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

I don't know if I'm a malcontent, but physicians routinely order lab tests to confirm what they think. No physician can see a virus and unless the symptoms of COVID-19 are unique, the physician doesn't really know until the results of the lab tests come back.

That was my point, and was reiterated several times. There are many reports that C 19 pneumonia is unique in that it is typically bilateral, where pneumonia with other causative factors is usually limited to one lobe or to one lung.

No, it's biology. There are no absolutes. But if you are in a busy ward filled with C 19 contagion and one of your nurses succumbs to bilateral pneumonia and dies. You are going to be pretty safe writing Covid 19 on the death certificate. Even more so if the patient lost their sense of smell during their illness.

Save the precious tests for someone you can help.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

That was my point, and was reiterated several times. There are many reports that C 19 pneumonia is unique in that it is typically bilateral, where pneumonia with other causative factors is usually limited to one lobe or to one lung.

No, it's biology. There are no absolutes. But if you are in a busy ward filled with C 19 contagion and one of your nurses succumbs to bilateral pneumonia and dies. You are going to be pretty safe writing Covid 19 on the death certificate. Even more so if the patient lost their sense of smell during their illness.

Save the precious tests for someone you can help.

You trust in the honesty and integrity of people who have something to gain from a massaged diagnosis. The more COVID-19 cases you report, the more Federal aid your facility will probably get. You can't count on honesty and integrity when the people reporting the data have an interest in the outcome. Care providers aren't disinterested third parties.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

So, are you saying that the currently accepted method for testing for COVID-19 doesn't work? If so, how often, and where are you getting your information?

You have more faith in the depth of physician knowledge as it pertains to COVID-19 than I do. I am also suspect of data being used with regard to COVID-19, particularly any data coming out of the NYC metro area. Garbage in, garbage out.

So, are suspicious because you have actual knowledge of data falsification?

Are you suspicious because you disagree with the predominant politics of the affected region?

Or, are suspicious because you wish the reports to be untrue?

As far as I could see from the CDC link previously provided, the 4000? additional deaths recently reported from NY City were cases where the attending physician had already gone on record and reported Covid 19 on the death certificate.

There are lots of diagnostic tools to confirm a diagnosis without resorting to DNA and other lab tests. Until very recently, those other tools are all the Medical Community had available for the last 4000 years. Some Physicians still know how to apply such diagnostics.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't trust people to report truthfully if it is to their advantage to do otherwise and it is easy for them to justify doing so.

I don't care for NYC, but I don't think that liberals are more likely to fudge the numbers than conservative if they believe that there is something to be gained by fudging the numbers.

Data is only useful if it is accurate and I think that data is being corrupted in NYC and probably in other places as well.

Physicians aren't infallible, humans, not Gods. Well, I've known a surgeon or two who thought that they were Gods. One of those surgeons killed himself because of his arrogance. He left a wife and six kids without any life insurance. Gods don't die, therefore no need for life insurance. He was a condescending prick, so I'm sure that a lot of people pissed on his grave.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Do you really think Doctors and Nurses are going to stand there and try and figure out any other

Diagnosis when the have dead people all over the place from COVID-19, get real. All they want to do is get to someone they might save,

that is the way it should be. These hospital have been working at 150% of capacity they have no time for fancy diagnosis like you are proposing. Or

any kind of other games you are proposing.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 163bc, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 53 invisible), 2,552 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,918
Posts18,498,417
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.