Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
K22 Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
I have ever gotten on curing a rifle issue came from someone many like to hate. I can only say that is ya'll's deal and I'm sure I will never change your minds.
I've followed Big Stick on most every post or reply he has ever made and have learned a lot of really excellent rifle and reloading information from him. I bought a new rifle about a year ago and while it was quite accurate with most loads I tried in it, it wouldn't feed worth [bleep].
With Sticks advice echoing in my head I went back to the start and started from there. Yup, I cured the majority of the feeding issues but not all of them to my satisfaction. Obviously I missed something or there was something I didn't know. Knowing what would happen if I posted the issue and the responses I would get if Stick answered my post, I instead went with a pm to him. I explained the issue and all that I had done to cure it, and then what it was still doing. That same day I got a reply back from Stick with not only one surefire cure, but 2. The solutions he gave me would have taken me a long time to have come to, if I would have even came to those conclusions. Plus, the solutions he gave me would not have been from someone who only tinkered with rifles. This was definitely an engineering issue and fix.
Before tackling any of the fixes a year ago, the rifle was sent back to the factory twice and both times telling me they had fixed the issue in which they didn't.

My experience in dealing with Stick was positive and very beneficial. For those that think ill of him, all I can say is that is your deal and I wouldn't try to change your minds as I know I couldn't. But as for me, he was a great help and I can't thank him enough it. Seriously!
I'll continue to follow his posts and replies and I will continue to learn more and more about the tools of our sport from him.

Thanks Stick.
You were a true friend and a huge help.

K22

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There’s no question that he knows his stuff. Would you mind posting the tips he gave you for the benefit of the rest of us?

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Yep, the guy knows his stuff.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by K22

My experience in dealing with Stick was positive and very beneficial. For those that think ill of him, all I can say is that is your deal and I wouldn't try to change your minds as I know I couldn't. But as for me, he was a great help and I can't thank him enough it.

K22

When I got into reloading he was a great resource for helping me set up dies and learning about kissing the lands. Always helpful and his advice, while occasionally cryptic, was spot on. I still refer to his PMs, which I printed and kept.

Imagine my surprise when he began to insult me in threads, criticizing and demeaning me for my lack of experience or knowledge. Hint, laffin’, bless your heart, the works. He’s on ignore now, since life is too short.

I’d be amazed if he doesn’t respond to this post in some sort of negative way. He can’t help it, it’s like a drug to him.

So, like the guy who carried the rattlesnake, he hasn’t bit you...yet.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I gave up trying to translate his shtick to English and wading through the profanity. The 'fire had been much more enjoyable since I put him on ignore.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
My experience too...ask an honest question, you get an honest answer.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Stick does know his stuff and knows it extremely well.... However and BUT. It is his system or ways of delivery that he has used and does use that piss many off.

It seems as though that any rifle other than a Barrett Fieldcraft and maybe a very few select more, are POS in his view. According to Stick, most rifle makers such as Weatherby, Browning, Winchester, Ruger and perhaps many others do not know what they are doing.

Regardless of Stick's knowledge, I will put more credibility in most production rifle makers ability to build a good product for the money rather than in his ability to fairly criticize them.......

Maybe he should stop cutting down BIG trees and go be a consultant for many of the various rifle makers whom he criticizes??

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I've never had a problem with him.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I've been called a poor poor(literally) sumpin sumpinerother. But I don't give a rats ass. He was just offering advice in his roundabout way.
He got some cool [bleep] and knows his stuff.
If I could pick a couple of rifles from him, Schrapnel, and GW, and probably ingwe, I'd be in hog heaven and the envy of hunters and collectors everywhere.

K
K22 Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by DollarShort
I've been called a poor poor(literally) sumpin sumpinerother. But I don't give a rats ass. He was just offering advice in his roundabout way.
He got some cool [bleep] and knows his stuff.
If I could pick a couple of rifles from him, Schrapnel, and GW, and probably ingwe, I'd be in hog heaven and the envy of hunters and collectors everywhere.

Yes, I would agree.

IC B3

K
K22 Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Woodhits
There’s no question that he knows his stuff. Would you mind posting the tips he gave you for the benefit of the rest of us?

Change the follower to a milled follower that fits a 700 Rem. and in this case for the 17, 204, 223. Tune the feed rails.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
He knows his stuff, no doubt about that.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Big Stick's shtick requires that he be despised, shunned and scourged by some. And this must be genuine,
then the full flower of his humor can bloom before the discerning few who realize that the ignore button makes your world just a little bit smaller.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 5thShock
Big Stick's shtick requires that he be despised, shunned and scourged by some. And this must be genuine,
then the full flower of his humor can bloom before the discerning few who realize that the ignore button makes your world just a little bit smaller.

Sounds like a good argument for bringing Früd back.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If one thinks they are the smartest person in the room....it doesn't matter whether they're right or wrong, they're still in trouble. That's my take.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 300_savage
If one thinks they are the smartest person in the room....it doesn't matter whether they're right or wrong, they're still in trouble. That's my take.

Mostly this. I'm relatively new and have had him on ignore for a while now. I don't think anyone doubts his knowledge, but it's wasted on most through delivery... and on more still because it always seems to prioritize minute bench/chart results on paper over what people actually kill/harvest successfully. (I.e., "partitions are garbage" etc.)

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hes definitely a cold slap in the face, when I first stumbled across his posts I wondered how one goes about getting banned from this site. Then again, because he pretty much treats all on here the same way, I find it amusing in a sgt Hartman sort of way. His understanding of the craft is so much out of my league its wasted on me even if I could decipher his code. Good to know some are benefitting from his input, he strikes me as being quite knowledgeable on the subject.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
He recommends good books.

1. The Silk Roads
2. The Last Viking

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
He has some good info, it is almost all lost on me now since he has gone to posting in the gibberish vernacular he uses. I have an easier time deciphering Ebonics. Life is too short to sift through it anymore.

Last edited by jdunham; 04/18/20.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

621 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 12savage, 10ring1, 65 invisible), 2,133 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,912
Posts18,479,552
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.