Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
If a foreign Country or group, performed an act against the USA that deprived people of the livelihood, took away their basic liberties, and destroyed the United States Economy, what number of lives would we deem too many to defend those things for the citizens of this country?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In the past the young and strong have gone to war to preserve our way of life...

Now we have the old destroying our way of life to give them a few more years of collecting a pension check......

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by heavywalker
If a foreign Country or group, performed an act against the USA that deprived people of the livelihood, took away their basic liberties, and destroyed the United States Economy, what number of lives would we deem too many to defend those things for the citizens of this country?

Go stand in your local DMV for four hours and that will give you an idea.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by irfubar
In the past the young and strong have gone to war to preserve our way of life...

Now we have the old destroying our way of life to give them a few more years of collecting a pension check......

Very brutal, honest and to the point, bravo!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

Dude,

Ours usually has like 3 people in line. Couple of times I've gone in and I'm the only person............of course, I still had to wait.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave

Perhaps you could organize a rally in support of opening the American Economy? I mean, it's not like you are going to be the one that has to leave your "bunker" and go to work.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Slavek

Perhaps you could organize a rally in support of opening the American Economy? I mean, it's not like you are going to be the one that has to leave your "bunker" and go to work.

Sure thing, pollock.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Drunk drivers, drug pushers, and domestic abusers kill far more people than the Chicken Little virus has done, or will kill before it's just a bad memory. Maybe we should declare open season, no limit on the dummycrap politicians and unelected bureaucrats who have conspired to bring down the economy of this great country in a vain attempt to drive Donald Trump out of office. Sacrificing a few old dinosaurs in Washington DC will save more lives than all the quarantines and "social distancing" in the world could accomplish!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Well you know when you have Slavek, complimenting your post..
your post isn't winning hearts and minds...

hopefully you get to live to where you are an "old person" some day...
lets see what your attitude is then....

or do you just plan to off yourself, when you reach "old person" status...
because the young and the lazy deserve money from the federal government more than you do...

ever watch the movies Logan's Run or Solyent Green?

at what age do people become inconvenient to society and just die for the good of the young?
maybe you are one of those celebrating this Covid 19 Panic....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Understand and concur but truth be told the “old” aren’t demanding/asking we destroy our Country. Our government has decided that. Pathetic.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

The old were young once and productive; they paid taxes that financed roads, education, public safety, etc. They have also "gone to war to preserve our way of life..". If you drive on a public road, were educated in public schools or, respect the work of police, fire and EMS, you've benefited from their labors.

OK, now we re no longer in the workforce and collecting pensions, social security and, dividends from our investments. We also spend money that helps keep small businesses alive. I think older folks have earned the right to live.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Seafire

because the young and the lazy deserve money from the federal government more than you do...

at what age do people become inconvenient to society and just die for the good of the young?

Which is the lower/smaller percentage of the U.S. population 65+ or -64?
Does the whole country need to quarantine when the math not only doesn't add up but also completely wrecks the whole countries economy.

FJB & FJT
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Seafire

You are missing the point, How many lives are those things we are losing worth, and why would the answer change based on who or what is taking those things?

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
To answer the OP’s question I’d say it’d be a lot more than the worst case scenarios for this virus but I think it gets at an important distinction.

The technocrats in DC think that they can conquer certain types of death by appropriate use of technique.

A foreign country attacking us in some manner is one thing because those deaths are unavoidable (in the minds of these technocrats) while disease deaths are completely avoidable if only we apply the proper scientific technique.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by efw
To answer the OP’s question I’d say it’d be a lot more than the worst case scenarios for this virus but I think it gets at an important distinction.

The technocrats in DC think that they can conquer certain types of death by appropriate use of technique.

A foreign country attacking us in some manner is one thing because those deaths are unavoidable (in the minds of these technocrats) while disease deaths are completely avoidable if only we apply the proper scientific technique.

Except Hubris may be the real pandemic.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

Except Hubris may be the real pandemic.

What was the name of the movie with the dr who had the God complex?

Yeah man... it MAY be hubris... and it may have infected capitals all over this nation...

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
This has to be done, but we all know what this will look like, zebras are at a river bank, they are all passing back and forth (states). The first zebra jumps in the water (state), the others watch to see if a crocodile gets him, if not all the other zebras will jump in. No one really knows what will happen.......................but we must cross the river.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
HW,
I bring it back to the question of why an initial plan, that was put into place to allow the “pro’s” to understand what we are dealing with went from discovery, prevention, recommendation and solution...Got turned into a political chess match by politicians to ruin the orange man at a cost of an economic nuclear detonation?

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No deaths are ever really “acceptable “, but they can, and do happen. What should also never be acceptable, is letting domestic enemies run around unchecked.

Sam......

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (300_savage, 7mm_Loco, 6MMWASP, 6mmbrfan, 9 invisible), 1,741 guests, and 982 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,904
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.