Hop To
Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
No deaths are ever really “acceptable “, but they can, and do happen. What should also never be acceptable, is letting domestic enemies run around unchecked.

Death has been acceptable throughout history, so long as they were dying for a cause, countries have sent hundreds of thousands of people to slaughter so that the first 500 didn't die in vain.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
A man should be judged on how he protects those most vulnerable...children and the elderly.

The attitude of screw the old and sick is exactly what’s wrong with this country

Last edited by Quak; 04/17/20.

GOD Bless America
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One thing that is guaranteed. Trumps presidency will go into the history books and be the most talked about, analyzed, and fought over presidency for generations to come...

Epic fist term...Give him another 4 and watch the economy rebound back to profitability within his first 2 years of his 2nd term.

Biden Prez, We’ll be listening to incoherent ramblings on how this was the same economy he and Obama inherited and no ability to get us moving.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Quak
A man should be judged on how he protects those most vulnerable...children and the elderly.

LOL

It's a virus.

Not the 18th century.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H

The attitude of screw the old and sick is exactly what’s wrong with this country

If it saves one life?

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

I'm ALL for the vulnerable self quarantining!

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by irfubar
In the past the young and strong have gone to war to preserve our way of life...

Now we have the old destroying our way of life to give them a few more years of collecting a pension check......

The old were young once and productive; they paid taxes that financed roads, education, public safety, etc. They have also "gone to war to preserve our way of life..". If you drive on a public road, were educated in public schools or, respect the work of police, fire and EMS, you've benefited from their labors.

OK, now we re no longer in the workforce and collecting pensions, social security and, dividends from our investments. We also spend money that helps keep small businesses alive. I think older folks have earned the right to live.

Ummm tell that to mother nature, not me..... I can guarantee you I have caused no old people deaths and paid a hell of a lot into the system also.....

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If it saves just one boomer...

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by heavywalker
If a foreign Country or group, performed an act against the USA that deprived people of the livelihood, took away their basic liberties, and destroyed the United States Economy, what number of lives would we deem too many to defend those things for the citizens of this country?

Millions would be acceptable as long as they are registered Democrats. Well duh! MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by irfubar
In the past the young and strong have gone to war to preserve our way of life...

Now we have the old destroying our way of life to give them a few more years of collecting a pension check......

The old were young once and productive; they paid taxes that financed roads, education, public safety, etc. They have also "gone to war to preserve our way of life..". If you drive on a public road, were educated in public schools or, respect the work of police, fire and EMS, you've benefited from their labors.

OK, now we re no longer in the workforce and collecting pensions, social security and, dividends from our investments. We also spend money that helps keep small businesses alive. I think older folks have earned the right to live.

Another thing djs, when you get wealthy working for the system such as you, the paying in part is highly debatable.....

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I’m at a higher risk of death from the Chinese virus than most and I’m for opening up the economy and was against closing it in the first place. My kid is grown and on his own and the only thing he owes me is to do all he can to be successful and carry on. If I were to die from this Chinese virus I have led a successful life in that I’ve raised my child. It is beyond selfish for the old and infirm to retard the potential of our young. We’re wrecking the economy and piling on debt for a few more years for some of the least generation. Death is certain it’s only a matter of when and with what courage we face it. The boomers who now lead this nation as a group are narcissistic cowards !

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
If a foreign Country or group, performed an act against the USA that deprived people of the livelihood, took away their basic liberties, and destroyed the United States Economy, what number of lives would we deem too many to defend those things for the citizens of this country?

No idea. How many deaths are acceptable for medical malpractice (200-400k per yer), dui, opioid overdoses, suicide?

Most people dont realize how many people die every year.....its a lot.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 04/17/20.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Trust it’s too late for you to ever learn to see the forest through the trees, you are just focused on a tree. Open your mind.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by starsky

ESPECIALLY if it's this boomer.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by starsky

Ye ol' boomer doomer....too bad it's only murkin the ones that have neglected their own health for decades.

Moral of the story, dont treat your body as a dumpster

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good Relief-------Screw all this S-h-I-t------I'm going to turkey camp for the weekend.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

That is a pretty rhetorical question. If the group you allude to is China, and the answer to that would be war, the number would most likely be unacceptable. Measures other than war would result in few deaths.

Is the question whether or not we should declare war on China? Retaliation by other means is pure speculation.

ETA. Most deaths resulting from our retaliation would be largely confined to the military, mostly young people.
Few boomers would consider that acceptable.

mike r

Last edited by lvmiker; 04/17/20.

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The number of deaths has never been then real issue. The issues are #1 the economy. #2 pushing the health care system farther than their capacity.

When people are sick with CV19 they can't work and if they do try to they spread the disease which just means more people out of work. If we'd had no intervention it would have shut the economy down far worse than it has already. You wouldn't have to tell people to stay home, they would be home because they were too sick to go to work. And would take longer to get things back to normal.

This isn't the 1st pandemic. It isn't the 1st time people have been inconvenienced and had to alter their lives because of a disease. We are just too impatient today and want what we want when we want it. This will pass, and we will be OK.

There may well be more people who get sick and die from the flu and other diseases this year. But our health care system sees that number every year and are prepared to handle it. They are not prepared to handle the additional 700,000 confirmed cases and 36,000 confirmed deaths. Those numbers are actually higher since we have such limited testing capacity, and those numbers will continue to go up for months. Hopefully at a slower rate. That alone has a huge detrimental effect on the economy.

If we want the economy to come back the quickest way to make that happen is to get the disease under control. And the economy would be in a lot worse shape today if we'd not done what we have.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
I’m at a higher risk of death from the Chinese virus than most and I’m for opening up the economy and was against closing it in the first place. My kid is grown and on his own and the only thing he owes me is to do all he can to be successful and carry on. If I were to die from this Chinese virus I have led a successful life in that I’ve raised my child. It is beyond selfish for the old and infirm to retard the potential of our young. We’re wrecking the economy and piling on debt for a few more years for some of the least generation. Death is certain it’s only a matter of when and with what courage we face it. The boomers who now lead this nation as a group are narcissistic cowards !

Good man.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Few boomers would consider that acceptable.

Right.

“Who’s gonna pay for my social security now?”, they’d all be worrying.

Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

392 members (12344mag, 16gage, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 45 invisible), 2,552 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,497
Posts18,490,459
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.