Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Originally Posted by Huntz
Cheeseheads need to take a ride to Madison and protest with open carry.

Right, open carry. Because scruffy beards, camo pants, and EBRs make any protest all encompassing.

Those jackasses were in Lansing earlier this week, and made what should have been an "Everyone is pissed at Whitmer" rally look like a redneck convention.

Look Theo I realize your bigotry knows no bounds but in fact rednecks are better people than any city slicker leftard jackass. They work, take care of their families and stand up for the county.
Damn straight..
You on the other hand are a racist bigot standing up for Pelosi and
Schumer in their effort to wreck the country. Sooooo shove it up your @$$!
Can I help? smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by coat4gun
how is this not being applied already to numerous states?

I don’t think it is high on the Feds’ priority list right now.

There are some lawsuits filed for interference with the right to assemble or some similar thing. I haven’t read them, only articles about them.

Anyone who believes their 2A rights have been infringed can file, or do whatever else they think would help.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by widrahthaar
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by 12344mag

It gets to the point where you just ignore them and go about your business, That's my plan anyways.

I don't know where you live but most places enacting these EO's make it almost impossible for most people to do so.

It wouldn’t be so hard if society wasn’t going full retard right along side the politicians.

A bar would be ratted out by some busy body fggt within an hour of opening around here and they’d pressure the local pd to shut it down.

I agree there is has to be an organized effort to get any number of businesses back open.

But until that happens the idea of Joe Schit the Ragman being able to go about their regular business isn't feasible.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A buddy's wife works for a financial sector accounting agency. She was driving from Freeport Illinois where her home office is to Madison WI this morning carrying some restricted distribution documents.

She was stopped at the state line near Monroe Wi by a Wisconsin state trooper who inquired as to her business.
When she explained, the trooper informed her that her business was not "essential" and that she could not enter the state.

Most of the staff where she works, including her, has been working from home for a few weeks now. The denial of entry seems heavy handed.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Sounds like she has a Sec 1983 claim...state's can't deny the right to travel, I don't think anyway.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BKinSD
Sounds like she has a Sec 1983 claim...state's can't deny the right to travel, I don't think anyway.

I believe that under emergency powers that a lot of things can happen that shouldn't normally. But the numbers of new cases are flattening and it seems that some Pols want to ramp things up a notch.
And I'm Ok with some of that, as long as they own it. Sure as I live and breathe though they're gonna try and lay it at the door of the White House.

I predict a pandemic of "Who Flung Dung"...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by johnw
A buddy's wife works for a financial sector accounting agency. She was driving from Freeport Illinois where her home office is to Madison WI this morning carrying some restricted distribution documents.

She was stopped at the state line near Monroe Wi by a Wisconsin state trooper who inquired as to her business.
When she explained, the trooper informed her that her business was not "essential" and that she could not enter the state.

Most of the staff where she works, including her, has been working from home for a few weeks now. The denial of entry seems heavy handed.

Not to mention it's fugking hilarious.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
No better time for civil disobedience than the present. The people that are normally working and picking up the tab for governmental bullchit. Have the time to politely explain to the dumborats. We are about to open up a can of I don't give a chit about what you say. And there ain't a dam thing you can do about it!!!!!

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by johnw

Not to mention it's fugking hilarious.

Could only be funnier if somehow essential Wisconsin state funding depended on the documents that were not delivered.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Huntz
Evers just decreed that stay at home order extended to the end of May. He now wants vote by ballot.This last erection 200,000 illegal votes were counted.No doubt that is why we got a liberal Supreme Court Judge.

Isn’t this the kind of government Liberal Snowflakes want?.....with liberal amounts of queers spread amongst?

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
People getting stopped for travel is extremely hard to believe right now in Wisconsin. You might be being lied to.

Janesville and Beloit have a total hands off approach to traffic stops right now. I know cops in both departments.

I spent 300 miles on the interstate this week pulling a camper to turkey hunt with my cruise set 15 mph over the limit and saw plenty of troopers. And in that travel I saw 0 cars pulled over. I even passed a trooper that was in the right lane. They aren’t pulling anybody over right now either.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Janesville and Beloit have a total hands off approach to traffic stops right now. I know cops in both departments.

Fact, for most of the State has far has I know.

I was talking to a friend (Police officer) this very week about this, they are not entering houses, they are not handing out speeding tickets.....Person to Person interaction is almost prohibited right now, unless actually warranted.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Kenneth

Fact, for most of the State has far has I know.

I was talking to a friend (Police officer) this very week about this, they are not entering houses, they are not handing out speeding tickets.....Person to Person interaction is almost prohibited right now, unless actually warranted.

Yep, our main drag here in Janesville is a race track every night right now.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Good one his name hasn't ben brought in quite awhile.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by boatammo
Good one his name hasn't ben brought in quite awhile.

The curds you are eating might be spoiled.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
People getting stopped for travel is extremely hard to believe right now in Wisconsin. You might be being lied to.
Nope - true, at least the order to deny "non-essential travel" is in the written form..

I don't give a flying Eff.... I drive anyway, when I want, where I want and with WHOM I want..... A week from Monday I'm hooking up the toy hauler and heading for a campground in SW WI... Eff this governor and his illegal orders...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
From Senator Duey Stroebel <Sen.Stroebellegis.wisconsin.gov>

Why I oppose the Order

I disagree with this order on multiple levels and am upset Governor Evers has made this decision. As I referenced in the introduction, I believe this order goes beyond the powers of the executive branch. Section 323.10 of the Wisconsin statutes deals with the manner and duration of an emergency declaration by a governor. Such emergencies have a 60 day time limit and prior communications from my office have always referenced this window. A different portion of the law, section 252.02, describes general powers the health secretary has. The Governor is attempting to use the health secretary to restrict the lives of Wisconsinites beyond his 60 days of emergency powers without legislative approval. This interpretation is unlawful and flat wrong. It makes no sense that after the Governor’s emergency powers expire, an unelected bureaucrat subordinate to him would have the ability to impose these restrictions on Wisconsinites. That is not how a republic functions, with sweeping executive decrees and no legislative check. I support the Legislature filing a lawsuit to overturn this overstepping of authority.

I further disagree with Governor Evers’s new order because the COVID-19 case and death numbers more than suggest it is not necessary. Our actual infection and death numbers are, mercifully, far below the projections Governor Evers and Andrea Palm gave to justify the original order. As of end of day yesterday, there were 3875 confirmed cases and 197 deaths. While definitely tragic for those affected, original projections had us at 22,000 cases and between 400 and 1500 people predicted to eventually die as of April 8th. The curve is flattened. Right now there are 361 COVID-19 patients in Wisconsin hospitals out of 5.8 million residents, a decline of 82 since last week. These patients are concentrated in a few geographic areas, undermining the logic of the statewide, one-size approach of the order. Despite repeated requests, the Legislature has received no objective metrics or criteria from Governor Evers that he used to either justify this harsh order or that would predict when it could be eased. This incredible use of government power can only be justified with overwhelming evidence of need. The burden of proof is on those seeking to restrict our lives and the proof not been presented, let alone met.

Lastly, I strongly disagree with this order because it comes with an economic cost rarely seen in our history and a cost to quality of life and individual liberties not seen in this country outside of war. The Department of Workforce Development predicts Wisconsin’s unemployment rate will get to 27%. Every day I get constituent contacts from your fellow Wisconsinites pleading for anything that can be down to get them back to work. Many Wisconsinites are prevented from earning a living or must watch helplessly as the business they have spent years building up is slowly destroyed. The human costs are likewise significant. There are and will continue to be adverse effects on education, mental health, substance abuse and general peace of mind. Wisconsin should move in the direction of the recently announced “Opening Up America Again” outline, which has phased stand downs in restrictions based upon health care capacity and measured downward trends in infections. Let’s take this outline and right size it for Wisconsin.

COVID-19 will cause a significant fiscal tightening in our state and local finances. How we respond will determine the extent of that tightening. While the burden of this situation is born largely by the private sector, the edicts come from the public sector. I read an article today in the West Bend Daily News about steps being taken to pay “no less than 50% of the expected wage” to athletic coaches for spring sports that have now been cancelled. Given the anguish many of our taxpaying citizens are experiencing now, the move would be laughable if it wasn’t so woefully inadequate given our looming budgetary realities. Even under ideal circumstances going forward, many more and much bigger decisions will need to be made about public spending. Governor Evers wrote a letter to President Trump two days ago indicating the state budget may lose $2 billion of revenue as a result of COVID-19. I pledge I will use my office to make difficult but necessary choices in our response to the virus. I urge school districts and local government leaders to do the same by taking prudent actions now.

GOA
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Redneck
Nope - true, at least the order to deny "non-essential travel" is in the written form..

I don't give a flying Eff.... I drive anyway, when I want, where I want and with WHOM I want..... A week from Monday I'm hooking up the toy hauler and heading for a campground in SW WI... Eff this governor and his illegal orders...

You can run a red light right in front of cops right now or pass one on the interstate going 15 over (I’ve tested those waters more than once) and you’re telling me they’re pulling people over because there’s a chance they’re breaking a stay at him order? Cops aren’t even showing up to calls unless there’s immediate danger. Sounds logical.

What campground are you going to that’s open? I parked my camper in the middle of the county forest turkey hunting this week because nothing was open.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

113 members (338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 19 invisible), 1,623 guests, and 899 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,290
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.