Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Democrat governors won't like this news but I do!

Sunlight destroys virus quickly, new govt. tests find, but experts say pandemic could last through summer

Jana Winter and Sharon Weinberger-
Yahoo NewsApril 17, 2020, 8:07 PM UTC

Preliminary results from government lab experiments show that the coronavirus does not survive long in high temperatures and high humidity, and is quickly destroyed by sunlight, providing evidence from controlled tests of what scientists believed — but had not yet proved — to be true.

A briefing on the preliminary results, marked for official use only and obtained by Yahoo News, offers hope that summertime may offer conditions less hospitable for the virus, though experts caution it will by no means eliminate, or even necessarily decrease, new cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus. The results, however, do add an important piece of knowledge that the White House’s science advisers have been seeking as they scramble to respond to the spreading pandemic.

The study found that the risk of “transmission from surfaces outdoors is lower during daylight” and under higher temperature and humidity conditions. “Sunlight destroys the virus quickly,” reads the briefing.

While that may provide some good news about the outlook for outdoor activities, the Department of Homeland Security briefing on the results cautions that enclosed areas with low humidity, such as airplane cabins, “may require additional care to minimize risk of transmission.”

In a statement to Yahoo News, the DHS declined to answer questions about the findings and strongly cautioned against drawing any conclusions based on unpublished data.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
So that is why the nazis closed the beaches And National Forests?

Sam......

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
So on top of washing our hands and not sneezing on each other we should probably fart outside.

Good copy.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've read and heard the sunlight scenario a few places and locally they've been saying for quite a while that summer will naturally diminish it. It lives in moisture (snot etc) and the virus has a weak envelope (skin). Dry it out and its "skin" breaks and its done for quickly. Intense sunlight can kill it in minutes. That they say is one of the reasons flu season is in the cooler times of the year.

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Same as most flu strains. Imagine that. I was a heritic when I mentioned this in March.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
This is on surfaces, correct?

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by saddlesore

Yes. If you're infected its within your body sunlight won't do anything. But stray virus on surfaces in the sun will die. The type of surface has a bearing on how fast. A hard surface will stop the virus from drying out on the underside right away. If the surface is porous it will dry out more quickly.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
And wearing a mask will prevent the sunlight from getting on your face to kill the virus. Brilliant.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I would surmise that airborne aerosol (cough etc) will be suseptable to sunlight and heat to some extent too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
And wearing a mask will prevent the sunlight from getting on your face to kill the virus. Brilliant.

If the virus is on your face you're infected. But I get your point about mandating masks being pretty silly.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
When I'm outside in the sunlight I don't wear a mask - no pipples around then. When I go into a place where there are pipples, I wear a mask - no sunlight in there/

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hatari
I would surmise that airborne aerosol (cough etc) will be suseptable to sunlight and heat to some extent too.

Hell ya. A nice hot sunny day a cough's going to almost dry up before it hits the ground...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Salty303
Originally Posted by saddlesore

Yes. If you're infected its within your body sunlight won't do anything. But stray virus on surfaces in the sun will die. The type of surface has a bearing on how fast. A hard surface will stop the virus from drying out on the underside right away. If the surface is porous it will dry out more quickly.

Well, one would get vitamin D and a nice tan!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
So it’s like every virus ever?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Leaving your shopping mask on the dashboard of your car in the sunlight might be a good way to disinfect it.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Squidge
Leaving your shopping mask on the dashboard of your car in the sunlight might be a good way to disinfect it.

There is a Texas company disinfecting masks (&other stuff) w/ (pure)UV light...

Another company uses hydrogen peroxide.. (They both oxidize so if you spritz the outside with Hydrogen peroxide and leave it on your dashboard you may be better off)

Think of a mask like a refrigerator water filter. It eventually breaks thru...but can be "regenerated"..

But if you only use it when you are exposed to a majority of other people's air... It will last longer..

I saw a lady sitting alone in her car in a mask (dumb)

The reporters standing 6 feet from anyone wearing masks while broadcasting are actually wasting masks that could be used in "high-risk" conditions like an emergency room....

Fresh air is good for you, insinuated bibs, a mask can keep things as well as it keep things out.....

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by widrahthaar

+1

Learned this long ago by watching my parents opening every blind and window on the first nice day in the spring.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by widrahthaar

No!

I was chastised right here on the campfire for comparing it to the flu......
It's more like a cold... smile

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,296 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,393
Posts18,488,781
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.