Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Pretty inaccurate.
Those that work in the free economic zone are fairly well off compared to the rice fields that they used to work in and came from. The work can be and most often is repetitive and mundane but I failed to see abysmal conditions in the free economic zone, most of the factories are new and well equipped for what they produce.
Down on Hainan Island outside the city of Sanya I saw a sight that would have been picture of the year had I been able to capture it. There’s a group of men that are ditch diggers. They work buckass naked and they scour the ditch bottoms for soil lost in the rain runoff from the fields. They stack it along the roadside and it’s pretty much first come first served for those who want it and it goes fast.
Anyhow, the picture:A mud smeared, naked ditch digger riding on his water buffalo and talking on his cell phone.
I didn't realize China was such a nice place to live and work. It just makes me wonder how we can send raw materials over there and ship the finished product back over here and come out cheaper. That's two ship rides across 1000s of miles of ocean.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Originally Posted by copperking81
Nobody is going to do a dam thing to China. Trump started a trade war with them, which was the right thing to do, but caved bigly when it started to get a tad tough. That's why you don't hear him talking chit about what he's going to do to them over the virus.... he's just now able to sit down again.

Hmmmmm.
No.

Bookmark this and lets revisit in a year. Dollars to donuts, not a dam thing will have changed.

Why wait ?

Have you noticed that Trump and his team have been a little busy for the past few months ?

Have you noticed that the restrictions on China are still in place ?

Have you ever known DJT to let an adversary walk away without recourse ?

Keep your dollars and your donuts.

Lol...what's he busy doing? Calling it the Chinese coronavirus in pressers? Yeah, that's got Xi Jinping and the entire ChiComm politburo up at night. It's amusing, but that's about it.

Trump has a Phase 1 trade deal with China he doesn't want to risk, particularly with the economy in it's current state and only months ahead of the election. And there's nothing in that trade deal he can cite as real win by the way. It's a start to filling in the hole he dug. The best he can hope for at this point is not fugging it up and causing the trade war to escalate before the election.

Trump learned he can't win a prolonged trade war with China without our country having to suck it up and take a hit until it's won. And if it's one thing we know about Trump, it's that he does not want to go down as the next Herbert Hoover. No fuggin way. This being the dude that just signed off on the biggest handout ever... the $2.2 trillion CARES Act and another $6 trillion in Quantitative Easing just to fight the Flu. All of this in addition to the QE and halt to increasing interest rates he demanded of the Fed BEFORE the virus existed.

And YES. I absolutely think he'd walk away without recourse. For fugg sake, it was just a few weeks ago he allowed Iran… the nation state (not their fugging proxies) to shoot a salvo of missiles at Al Asad Airbase. He did nothing. There are countless examples of things through his life, that he walked away with no shame.

You guys got too much of your own identities invested in this dude.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Nobody is going to do a dam thing to China. Trump started a trade war with them, which was the right thing to do, but caved bigly when it started to get a tad tough. That's why you don't hear him talking chit about what he's going to do to them over the virus.... he's just now able to sit down again.

Quoted for posterity.... if you think the trade war is over, you're wrong. It's just starting to get warmed up. Before the years out, it's gonna get hot. Trump will use this as a reason to take it to their asses.

If Trump starts actually taking it to China, I will happily eat my words. Happily.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hmmmmm.
No.

Bookmark this and lets revisit in a year. Dollars to donuts, not a dam thing will have changed.

Why wait ?

Have you noticed that Trump and his team have been a little busy for the past few months ?

Lol...what's he busy doing? Calling it the Chinese coronavirus in pressers? Yeah, that's got Xi Jinping and the entire ChiComm politburo up at night. It's amusing, but that's about it.

Trump has a Phase 1 trade deal with China he doesn't want to risk, particularly with the economy in it's current state and only months ahead of the election. And there's nothing in that trade deal he can cite as real win by the way. It's a start to filling in the hole he dug. The best he can hope for at this point is not fugging it up and causing the trade war to escalate before the election.

Trump learned he can't win a prolonged trade war with China without our country having to suck it up and take a hit until it's won. And if it's one thing we know about Trump, it's that he does not want to go down as the next Herbert Hoover. No fuggin way. This being the dude that just signed off on the biggest handout ever... the $2.2 trillion CARES Act and another $6 trillion in Quantitative Easing just to fight the Flu. All of this in addition to the QE and halt to increasing interest rates he demanded of the Fed BEFORE the virus existed.

And YES. I absolutely think he'd walk away without recourse. For fugg sake, it was just a few weeks ago he allowed Iran… the nation state (not their fugging proxies) to shoot a salvo of missiles at Al Asad Airbase. He did nothing. There are countless examples of things through his life, that he walked away with no shame.

I don't think you understand Trump....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Hastings
Pretty inaccurate.
Those that work in the free economic zone are fairly well off compared to the rice fields that they used to work in and came from. The work can be and most often is repetitive and mundane but I failed to see abysmal conditions in the free economic zone, most of the factories are new and well equipped for what they produce.
Down on Hainan Island outside the city of Sanya I saw a sight that would have been picture of the year had I been able to capture it. There’s a group of men that are ditch diggers. They work buckass naked and they scour the ditch bottoms for soil lost in the rain runoff from the fields. They stack it along the roadside and it’s pretty much first come first served for those who want it and it goes fast.
Anyhow, the picture:A mud smeared, naked ditch digger riding on his water buffalo and talking on his cell phone.
I didn't realize China was such a nice place to live and work. It just makes me wonder how we can send raw materials over there and ship the finished product back over here and come out cheaper. That's two ship rides across 1000s of miles of ocean.

It was a good job for me and all the expats that were there then. Don’t know about now.

Indonesia factories were more like you described things to be but still, the workers there had it better and had more than they had back in the kampongs they came from.

It’s all relative as to what you started out with for those folks.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Hmmmmm.
No.

Why wait ?

Re, Your last parting sentence,,is your identity too much invested with the democrats by chance ?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The EPA death grip on our industry is a big part of why a lot of manufacturing left. It simply makes some things too expensive or illegal to manufacture here. Roll back these restrictions and it will go a long way.

Buy once, cry once.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
The EPA death grip on our industry is a big part of why a lot of manufacturing left. It simply makes some things too expensive or illegal to manufacture here. Roll back these restrictions and it will go a long way.

Pretty much boolschit. Wages are the reason and everyone with half a brain understands that.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

Pretty much boolschit. Wages are the reason and everyone with half a brain understands that.
Wages are one of the reasons, but EPA regs were a second one. The air quality in China is terrible and this is part of the reason why. Many big manufacturers simply couldn't get away with the shixt they pull in China, here.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Here is a link to Transparency shown by the EPA under the POS former President we just suffered thru.

Linkie

EPA has its purpose s but it has been politicized by wackjobs like LB and many others . Lot of factors that led to businesses leaving and it all leads to big government and OVER regulation. One would not expect a liberal with at best a liberal arts degree to get a clue. Lets face it Democrats couldn't run a lemonade stand and make a profit. That video of Pelosi standing in front of her freezer and talking about gourmet ice cream when small businesses are failing because she won't push the stimulus is going to be live ammunition .

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The EPA regulations have sure made owning a new diesel truck expensive. The more you can do yourself the better off you are. China, Mexico and Canada have been screwing US for awhile with illegal trade practices.

Life is good live it while you can.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

499 members (2500HD, 270wsmnutt, 260Remguy, 1234, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 55 invisible), 2,785 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,130
Posts18,502,601
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.