Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I got a call from the nursing home last night. My mother is COVID positive. But so far no symptoms. I spoke with her on the phone and she said she feels fine. I guess that's part of the reason she has lived to such an old age. Amazing. Of course we do not know how long she has had it and things could go bad over the next few days. We will see.

A bit of backstory. Local nursing home with maybe 100 folks. Locked down about a month ago. I visited her the day before the lockout. We got an email about a week ago telling us that two residents had gotten sick with COVID-19 and were transferred to the local hospital. I figured oh great it's going to sweep through the nursing home. But what can I do?

The call last night was quite interesting. The nurse told me that after the first patients got sick they managed to test every other resident and employee. They got six positive hits and my mother was one of them. But all of the six positives have zero symptoms so far.

So what's next? No idea. I will update this thread as I get more information.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Best wishes for your mom’s speedy recovery.

Fear the crabcat.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My parents are both in the nursing home. I am concerned about them. I will be praying for your mother.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Hopefully your mother remains unaffected.

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Prayers sent for a quick recovery. My mother is 93 and in the same environment. The place is locked down and no bad news from there yet. I was just there yesterday and refilled a suet feeder in a tree near her window so she can watch birds occasionally. She had an aide open the window a few inches so we could talk to each other. At least I could see her and we could talk for a few minutes.

IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Prayer lifted for your mother....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hope you mother get well and never shows any symptoms.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I hope and pray Mama does well Silver.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by silver78
I got a call from the nursing home last night. My mother is COVID positive. But so far no symptoms. I spoke with her on the phone and she said she feels fine. I guess that's part of the reason she has lived to such an old age. Amazing. Of course we do not know how long she has had it and things could go bad over the next few days. We will see.

A bit of backstory. Local nursing home with maybe 100 folks. Locked down about a month ago. I visited her the day before the lockout. We got an email about a week ago telling us that two residents had gotten sick with COVID-19 and were transferred to the local hospital. I figured oh great it's going to sweep through the nursing home. But what can I do?

The call last night was quite interesting. The nurse told me that after the first patients got sick they managed to test every other resident and employee. They got six positive hits and my mother was one of them. But all of the six positives have zero symptoms so far.

So what's next? No idea. I will update this thread as I get more information.

Hopefully, she will stay symptom free. Looks like most cases of the Novel Coronavirus are that way.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My mother is 102. She lives with my sister's family. So far, no one there has caught it. Mom has always been very resistant to whatever bugs are going around but she did have a case of pneumonia last spring that hit her hard. We've been very concerned that it might have weakened her lungs to where the CV19 would be fatal if she caught it so they've been extra careful about where they go.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
My story is similar to the OP's......91 year old FIL in assisted living facility tested because an undisclosed resident or more likely employee tested positive. We got the call yesterday afternoon that he too is positive for covid 19.

No symptoms at all right now but a couple weeks ago he had a scratchy throat and as silly as it seems, he sneezed while on the phone with us. The thing is he never gets a cold or cough, we all thought that was odd. Maybe he had it and those were all the symptoms he showed? Maybe not?

They will keep a close eye on him while quarantined for 14 days or so.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
May God Bless ! ! !

Wishing y'all the BEST !

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Damn...sorry guys. I’ll keep both of your loved ones in my prayers

Hard times

GOD Bless America
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Wind
Best wishes for your mom’s speedy recovery.

Indeed!

My favorite aunt is 85, has dementia,is institutionalized, and has Covid19. She was taken off life support and put into hospice so the end is near. Perhaps mercifully so.

OTOH, my 91 yo father lives very isolated on the Maine coast. Last we talked it had snowed four inches and he had just come in from shoveling a track up his gravel road.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I question the accuracy of the tests and hope all turns out well for her.

Last edited by Whiptail; 04/18/20.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Have the Hydroxy.. Cocktail ready.
A doctor in Texas who handles a retirement home was on the radio yesterday. Hi facility had 39 severe cases. He administered the cocktail and 38 are now better. The lost one had a separate heart issue.
Youngest survivor late 50's, oldest was 102.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Damn!

GOD Bless America
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My best friend and my sister both work as nurses in nursing homes- one in CT and one in OH. He tested positive a couple days ago, she is awaiting results of her test- but had lost all sense of smell and taste.

One of them told me, last I'd heard, that their nursing home had already lost 5 due to Covid. I also heard yesterday that 57% of all deaths from it are in nursing homes.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Thank you all for the kind words. I will provide updates as available. My mom is an amazing old lady. Before this mess started we lost a family member to cancer in his early 60s. She said she would gladly pass if it meant a younger person could live longer.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by silver78
Thank you all for the kind words. I will provide updates as available. My mom is an amazing old lady. Before this mess started we lost a family member to cancer in his early 60s. She said she would gladly pass if it meant a younger person could live longer.
I'm sorry to hear of it. Prayers sent.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 50 invisible), 2,738 guests, and 1,370 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,459
Posts18,471,195
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.