M
12 miles today light and fast

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by smokepole
Did my local route with the pack yesterday, up to about 1,100 vertical. Still sore, I strained my lower hamstrings a little on both sides, almost like a charley horse, never had that happen before.

I think I need to increase my IPA intake. Electrolytes and all that.

I upped my uphill weight and speed at the same time last month and got some pretty grim cramps in the adductor longus or sartorius muscles later in the night that kicked my azz. A trainer friend advised to stretch more and add an electrolyte to a water bottle and to take 500mg of Magnesium daily. I did all 3 and something worked. Double I is your friend [ibuprofen and IPA].

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
11 miles today. My average this week was 12.6 miles per day for 7 days for a total of 88.4 miles for the week.

Easy lifting day

pull-ups 3 sets of 10
bench 3 sets of 20
box jumps 3 sets of 15

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Last week: Couple days of weights in the basement, four days of 30minutes on the C2 and a 5mile Merlot trail hike yesterday.

Gym pics have slowed down....we have got to get things back to normal soon. Walking with Merlot is great....with the exception of him getting all the attention....and being passed by all the young crowd who just seem to effortlessly cruise while jogging....”those were the days my friend”

laissez les bons temps rouler
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Did my local route with the pack yesterday, up to about 1,100 vertical. Still sore, I strained my lower hamstrings a little on both sides, almost like a charley horse, never had that happen before.

I upped my uphill weight and speed at the same time last month and got some pretty grim cramps in the adductor longus or sartorius muscles later in the night that kicked my azz. A trainer friend advised to stretch more and add an electrolyte to a water bottle and to take 500mg of Magnesium daily. I did all 3 and something worked. Double I is your friend [ibuprofen and IPA].

mike r

Yep, out of everything I did at the gym I think the thing I'm missing the most is stretching. I can do it at home, but I haven't been. Got to get back in the routine of doing that every day.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Westmoreland Heritage Trail: An old railroad bed that has been refurbished into a trail....Not much for elevation +/- but it passes thru some nice country and is close by.....

https://www.traillink.com/trail-gallery/westmoreland-heritage-trail/

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

mike r

Take Mag Oxide almost every day....

Addition: should clarify, I primarily take Mag Oxide for heart health.. if I have leg cramps it’s sodium..

Don't ask me why Tumeric works, but it does for me....Tried the pills, but they did little. Went to the powder and found out it had significant pain relief....Haven't taken a meloxicam or ibuprofen in a month...
1/2 teaspoon in tea three or four times a week, and after a stressed workout....For myself it definitely has analgesic benefits....

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Last edited by battue; 04/19/20.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mtwarden

saving my legs for a four day trip into the Bob Marshall laugh

OK my legs are now hash smile. Three days- 46 miles (~35 miles on snowshoes), 35-ish pound pack, ~7000' of gain = sore AF

[Linked Image from imgur.com]

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by battue

mike r

Take Mag Oxide almost every day....

Don't ask me why Tumeric works, but it does for me....Tried the pills, but they did little. Went to the powder and found out it had significant pain relief....Haven't taken a meloxicam or ibuprofen in a month...
1/2 teaspoon in tea three or four times a week, and after a stressed workout....For myself it definitely has analgesic benefits....

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Now add some CBD. smile

It's now, what, 4 years in since I started eating the stuff? I bet I've taken ibuprofen single-digit number of times in that span. And several of those were when I was sick as a dog in January.

With the pandie in full swing we are working on the property a lot... especially Cyn as I've remained very busy in the shop. We've had outdoor fires in the fire pit a few nights a week to burn up accumulated stuff and just 'cause fires rock... since I'm not drankin' I bought a few of these to try:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

.... but they cost money and my pandemic mantra is to guard liquidity fiercely, so I've also rolled up old-school doobies of CBD weed. Very pleasant. Feels like the late 70's again, haha.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Well it isn't going to happen....There is some THC in the hemp plants that CBD is extracted from....Very little, but some.....Occasionally I have to go and take a piss test, and a little may be too much.....

In addition, I have come to value what lung capacity I have left that enables me to still do the things I enjoy....So puff away, it is your lungs not mine....and good luck....

If you are posting it for the KMA effect here, then you keep making your own bed here to sleep in....I wouldn't even begin to think I would want to chance places with you here...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No KMA; it's legal, it's not toxic, and it works. Not any different than tumeric from a rational standpoint, though I understand rationality is in short supply on this topic.

The lung-function part is interesting if you dig into it. Has been studied at some length over the decades. Counter-intuitive would be a good word. Edit: there's also massive tranches of anecdotal evidence from high-level athletes on that subject. You might be surprised.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 04/19/20.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Answer me this: is there any THC in hemp, that could possibly have me fall a piss test....which happens to be something the board of pharmacy frowns upon...careful now....

Believe what you want, but for myself I have little desire to fill my lungs with smoke.

Addition: A FYi. I can get high or mellow out most every day doing what I do or being with those I have in the boat. The days I don’t are few. Again, good luck.....looks like you could use some....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't know how your tests are structured. Most reject minute THC positives but, again, heck if i know. Seems like it'd be easy for you to find out, and understand what you found out, being who you are, if you actually cared to.

It's my sincere belief, based on broad and deep experience, that we would be a healthier, happier, more productive, "herd" if this plant was more widely integrated into our society. Counterintuitive? Maybe, but that speaks to a century of .gov propoganda more than to reality on the ground.

It's really about that simple. Beyond that- believe what you will, and do as you see fit, I mean, that's ALWAYS my most bedrock principle anyway, so..... But, as you progress through your life journey, should circumstances change, just be advised there's some tangible goodness to be had here.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I’ll repeat this for you....

Addition: A FYI, I can get high or mellow out most every day doing what I do or being with those I have in the boat. The days I don’t are few. Again, good luck.....looks like you could use some....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Marijuana does not impair lung function—at least not in the doses inhaled by the majority of users, according to the largest and longest study ever to consider the issue, which was published today in the Journal of the American Medical Association.

Researchers working on a long-term study of risk factors for cardiovascular disease (the Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults or CARDIA study) tested the lung function of 5115 young adults over the course of 20 years, starting in 1985 when they were aged 18 to 30.

They found that marijuana use was almost as common as cigarette smoking in the sample, which was designed to reflect the U.S. population. Among participants, the average marijuana user toked 2-3 times a month, while the average tobacco user smoked eight cigarettes a day. Those who smoked both tended to do so slightly more frequently than those who smoked only cigarettes or only marijuana.

The study was “well conducted” and is “essentially confirmatory of the findings from several previous studies that have examined the association between marijuana smoking and lung function,” says Dr. Donald Tashkin, professor of medicine at UCLA and a leading scientist in the area. He was not associated with the new research.

“The major strengths of this study are that it included a far larger number of subjects followed for longer than any of these previous studies,” he adds.

MORE: Teen Drug Use: Marijuana Up, Cigarettes and Alcohol Down

While tobacco smokers showed the expected drop in lung function over time, the new research found that marijuana smoke had unexpected and apparently positive effects. Low to moderate users actually showed increased lung capacity compared to nonsmokers on two tests, known as FEV1 and FVC. FEV1 is the amount of air someone breathes out in the first second after taking the deepest possible breath; FVC is the total volume of air exhaled after the deepest inhalation.
“FEV1 and FVC both actually increased with moderate and occasional use of marijuana,” says Dr. Mark Pletcher, associate professor of epidemiology and biostatistics at the University of California, San Francisco and the lead author of the study.

That was a bit of a surprise, says Pletcher, since “There are clearly adverse effects from tobacco use and marijuana smoke has a lot of the same constituents as tobacco smoke does so we thought it might have some of the same harmful effects. It’s a weird effect to see and we couldn’t make it go away,” he adds, explaining that the researchers used statistical models to look for errors or other factors that could explain the apparent benefit and did not find them.

https://healthland.time.com/2012/01/10/study-smoking-marijuana-not-linked-with-lung-damage/

There's lots more out there. The 2006 study always cracks me up. I'll leave it to you to figure out why.

Also, this. I'm telling you, in all seriousness, this plant is net-positive healthful.

https://healthland.time.com/2011/09/08/marijuana-slims-pot-smoking-linked-to-lower-body-weight/

Also, keepin mind, I'm just rec'ing CBD here. Not THC. If anyone wants a detailed explain of how it differs/ does not differ from a clsssic weed experience, here to help.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by battue
I’ll repeat this for you....

Addition: A FYI, I can get high or mellow out most every day doing what I do or being with those I have in the boat. The days I don’t are few. Again, good luck.....looks like you could use some....

Those what, and in what boat? And I need luck? You are making no sense. You stoned or something?! smile

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I know five guys that have positive test from CBD. I know about a dozen that thought it was ok to use recreational because legal in CO where they lived and worked. A positive is a positive PERIOD!

https://www.transportation.gov/odapc/dot-recreational-marijuana-notice

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good info, MCH. That's too bad.

Well, it'll change. But slowly. It's taken this long, what's a few more years.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Page 31 of 67 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

63 members (Akhutr, beefan, 358wsm, 2500HD, bosshoff, 13 invisible), 1,380 guests, and 730 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,924
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.