Page 32 of 67 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 66 67
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by mtwarden
Originally Posted by mtwarden

saving my legs for a four day trip into the Bob Marshall laugh

OK my legs are now hash smile. Three days- 46 miles (~35 miles on snowshoes), 35-ish pound pack, ~7000' of gain = sore AF

[Linked Image from imgur.com]

AWESOME HIKE!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
[i]Marijuana does not impair lung function—at least not in the doses inhaled by the majority of users, according to the largest and longest study ever to consider the issue, which was published today in the Journal of the American Medical Association.

Researchers working on a long-term study of risk factors for cardiovascular disease (the Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults or CARDIA study) tested the lung function of 5115 young adults over the course of 20 years, starting in 1985 when they were aged 18 to 30.

They found that marijuana use was almost as common as cigarette smoking in the sample, which was designed to reflect the U.S. population. Among participants, the average marijuana user toked 2-3 times a month, while the average tobacco user smoked eight cigarettes a day. Those who smoked both tended to do so slightly more frequently than those who smoked only cigarettes or only marijuana.

Well, as mentioned I don’t need to get high 2-3 times a month...nor do I need to take the chance.

As far as the boat reference. It came from an exercise book...you choose who is in your life boat and they choose if they want to sail with you. I found it to greatly simplify personal interactions.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ah, I gotcha. Well, keep on keepin' on, and good health to you and your crew. smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Good info, MCH. That's too bad.

Well, it'll change. But slowly. It's taken this long, what's a few more years.

I doubt it! Do you really want a pilot or aircraft mechanic high working on the aircraft you are going to fly on?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well... different conversation? CBD isn't a "high" in that sense.

I work with machines- I'm doing it right now- that could literally tear me into chunks at any moment. Also, I'm a huge believer in daytime sobriety in general, workplace or not. With that said, while I have not done so, I'd be fine working out here under a reasonable dose of CBD. I'd be fine with a pilot or mechanic doing the same. It's very subtle... at least that's my experience.

Hell man... I get a serious buzz from ibuprofen! An unpleasant and distracting one. I'd rather my pilot was on a moderate dose of CBD than say 800 mg of vitamin I. At least if it effects him/her the way it does me. I'd NEVER fire up my lathe on a big dose of ibuprofen.

Anyway, endlessly debatable, do as you see fit and, by the way, impressive week you just notched! Hoping this next week I can ramp up my cycling again. I've been crazy busy... I'm having a very surreal pandemic in general compared to most- no drinking, which for me is a first since WAY back, and working basically every day the last month. I'm actually hoping for some time off, haha. As for drankin', it feels so good to take that glycemic and caloric load off the carcass that I think I'll just keep on rolling with it a while longer.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Done! A pic of the aftermath <g>. The lathe is more buried still. This is just from today, I swept up late yesterday. Gonna clean up out here then get outside and enjoy the day! And yes, later, there will be CBD for this salt of the earth workin' man. smile

Got several more days lined up next week, with a different customer, then after that I may be joining the majority out there in some sweet, sweet, unemployment.

Peace and good ongoing health to all, however you choose to go about it. I'm checking out before the upstairs crazies show up.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by smokepole
Did my local route with the pack yesterday, up to about 1,100 vertical. Still sore, I strained my lower hamstrings a little on both sides, almost like a charley horse, never had that happen before.

I think I need to increase my IPA intake. Electrolytes and all that.

I upped my uphill weight and speed at the same time last month and got some pretty grim cramps in the adductor longus or sartorius muscles later in the night that kicked my azz. A trainer friend advised to stretch more and add an electrolyte to a water bottle and to take 500mg of Magnesium daily. I did all 3 and something worked. Double I is your friend [ibuprofen and IPA].

mike r

Take Mag Oxide almost every day....

Addition: should clarify, I primarily take Mag Oxide for heart health.. if I have leg cramps it’s sodium..

Don't ask me why Tumeric works, but it does for me....Tried the pills, but they did little. Went to the powder and found out it had significant pain relief....Haven't taken a meloxicam or ibuprofen in a month...
1/2 teaspoon in tea three or four times a week, and after a stressed workout....For myself it definitely has analgesic benefits....

Harry, were you taking pure turmeric capsules, or curcumin? Just curious. I think the curcumin helps me anyway. That and the glucosamine/chondtoitin/MSM.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well... different conversation? CBD isn't a "high" in that sense.

I work with machines- I'm doing it right now- that could literally tear me into chunks at any moment. Also, I'm a huge believer in daytime sobriety in general, workplace or not. With that said, while I have not done so, I'd be fine working out here under a reasonable dose of CBD. I'd be fine with a pilot or mechanic doing the same. It's very subtle... at least that's my experience.

Hell man... I get a serious buzz from ibuprofen! An unpleasant and distracting one. I'd rather my pilot was on a moderate dose of CBD than say 800 mg of vitamin I. At least if it effects him/her the way it does me. I'd NEVER fire up my lathe on a big dose of ibuprofen.

Anyway, endlessly debatable, do as you see fit and, by the way, impressive week you just notched! Hoping this next week I can ramp up my cycling again. I've been crazy busy... I'm having a very surreal pandemic in general compared to most- no drinking, which for me is a first since WAY back, and working basically every day the last month. I'm actually hoping for some time off, haha. As for drankin', it feels so good to take that glycemic and caloric load off the carcass that I think I'll just keep on rolling with it a while longer.

You miss the entire point! You want to justify it to yourself. It isn't about you or any other individual. It is about the masses. Think about it like this. A failed test is a failed test period. You, me, we don't know when that person was/could have been or may not have been high. All we know is they failed the test. Maybe they were high at work, maybe they weren't. Maybe it impacted their performance maybe it didn't. Studies have proven that people do not have the same attention span, dexterity, motor skills, and the likes when they are impaired. Hence the word IMPAIRED! Maybe you are ok with people in my profession being irresponsible? I am not ok with it. I have lost friends actually brothers more than friends in crashes. It sucks no matter who or what is to blame for it. All of us in the industry owe it to the world to be our best 100% of the time, and we owe it to ourselves as well.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Forgot to add one other thing. You getting hurt on your machine from doing something dumb is totally different that you hurting and or killing other people because you did something dumb.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Just did some RDLs in the back yard. Which wouldn't be very impressive except I don't own a barbell set. I used an iron spud bar with a 5-gallon bucket of water on each end, Jethro Bodean style. Had to build a little platform to stand up on, and pad the bucket handles so they don't slide around but it works pretty good. Haven't done any since the gyms closed, I'll work my way up from water in the buckets to gravel, add a little more gravel each time.

Se la vie. It is what it is.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Harry, were you taking pure turmeric capsules, or curcumin? Just curious. I think the curcumin helps me anyway. That and the glucosamine/chondtoitin/MSM.

Smoke,
The tablets I was taking were a GNC product, which was labeled as 1000mg of Turmeric Curcumin: Tumeric 1053mg of which 95% was Curcumin or 1000mg Curcumin....Along with Black Pepper fruit extract: 10mg black pepper...The black pepper is supposed to allow the Tumeric to be more readily absorbed.

What I'm now taking is Tumeric powder from India....The package says nothing about mg per ounce, teaspoon, etc, etc...Indian friend of mine got it for me. I'm pretty sure you can get it at Walmart or Costco. For whatever reason it works significantly better than the tablets.... (corrected to tabs).

Last edited by battue; 04/19/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by battue

The tablets I was taking were a GNC product, which was labeled as 1000mg of Turmeric Curcumin: Tumeric 1053mg of which 95% was Curcumin or 1000mg Curcumin....Along with Black Pepper fruit extract: 10mg black pepper...The black pepper is supposed to allow the Tumeric to be more readily absorbed.

Thanks. But damn, that sounds like a good recipe for Tandoori chicken, LOL.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Pardon your French.

[bleep], I posted on the workout thread. Now I have to post a workout.

Um... went for a 7 mile hike with light pack. Been doing a few TGU's here and there, and that's been a pretty fun as kicks in the balls go.

ETA: Not rollin' doobies.

Last edited by cwh2; 04/19/20. Reason: write more stuff
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by cwh2

Pardon your French.

What French? I don't have any, I just thought it sounded cool.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yesterday:
Elliptical 15 min
Box Squat (bands) 30 sec rest 8x2
Speed bench (bands) 30 sec rest 8x2
Circuit:
Rows
Static Abs
Rev Hypers
Elliptical 15 min

This morning:
Elliptical 15 min
Thai 10x3 - 1 min rest
DE bag 5x3 - 1 min rest
Elliptical 15 min

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
4 miles on the trails with my wife and Tiny Elvis; best recovery for sore legs smile

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
15 min elliptical

Circuit: 1 min rest between rounds, 3 working rounds, many warmup rounds
1 leg db squat
1 leg sldl
DB Bench
DB Row
Band Abs
Rev Hyper

Light cleans for technique
15 min elliptical

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Been muddling my way through an online kettlebell program. Mostly using the beginner movements as I've not done much strength stuff in way too long. Mixing in a few runs a week and plan on getting the pack on for some weighted ruck dog walks.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
thought I'd give the MtnTough 22 workout a go

jump lunges and jump squats kicked my a$$ bad; obviously need improvement jumping smile

Step 1) Sprint #1 — 0.5 mile
Step 2) Superset 1 — Lunge Jumps and Push-Ups (Every Round adds to 22 reps)

20 LUNGE JUMPS – 2 PUSH-UPS
18 LUNGE JUMPS – 4 PUSH-UPS
16 LUNGE JUMPS - 6 PUSH-UPS
14 LUNGE JUMPS – 8 PUSH-UPS
12 LUNGE JUMPS – 10 PUSH-UPS
10 LUNGE JUMPS – 12 PUSH-UPS
8 LUNGE JUMPS – 14 PUSH-UPS
6 LUNGE JUMPS – 16 PUSH-UPS
4 LUNGE JUMPS – 18 PUSH-UPS
2 LUNGE JUMPS – 20 PUSH-UPS

Step 3) Sprint #2 — 0.5 mile
Step 4) Superset 2 — *Jump Squats and Renegade Rows (Every Round adds to 22 reps)

20 SQUAT JUMPS – 2 BODYWEIGHT RENEGADE ROWS
18 SQUAT JUMPS – 4 BODYWEIGHT RENEGADE ROWS
16 SQUAT JUMPS - 6 BODYWEIGHT RENEGADE ROWS
14 SQUAT JUMPS – 8 BODYWEIGHT RENEGADE ROWS
12 SQUAT JUMPS – 10 BODYWEIGHT RENEGADE ROWS
10 SQUAT JUMPS – 12 BODYWEIGHT RENEGADE ROWS
8 SQUAT JUMPS – 14 BODYWEIGHT RENEGADE ROWS
6 SQUAT JUMPS – 16 BODYWEIGHT RENEGADE ROWS
4 SQUAT JUMPS – 18 BODYWEIGHT RENEGADE ROWS
2 SQUAT JUMPS – 20 BODYWEIGHT RENEGADE ROWS

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Korean Jumping Jacks will get you there!

Page 32 of 67 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

290 members (16penny, 204guy, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 37 invisible), 2,379 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,869
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.