Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 24 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 23 24
U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
I have a doctorate. So does my wife, my sister, my dad, my partner,my associates, and most of my friends. About 60% of my reading is peer reviewed. I think I could give it a shot smile
I've said my peace now. Can someone fix my pictures? Let's see some more as well!

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lee,
After all of this, I can actually respect that one post. Mainly because you are saying that its your opinion that the 140tsx is better than the 120tsx. I really dont care what each person's personal preference is, as long as they relaize that its an 'opinion' and that other's choies are not unethical, or not 'suited for big game'.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Not me. I prefer to clean up my neighborhood.
That clears things up, your Mr. Rodgers...beleive his neighborhood was the kingdom of make beleive.

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I ain't got no degree, but can still smell BS....

BTW I do think the 154 is a good bullet. Wouldn't hesitate to use it if I didn't use the X series which are even better for me.

No pictures yet? A scientist without a scanner or digital camera? Heck I've even got both of those and am only an municipal employee... Still fail to see that a scientist cannot see the original question and answer it correctly??

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Can someone fix my pictures? Let's see some more as well!
Here ya go.. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

IC B2

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
thanks george! As that was coming up I thought you'd changed me to look like "Dale" on "King of the Hill" but then I realized I really do look like "Dale" on "King of the Hill" smile

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Lefty, in what field is your PhD? You forgot to mention that.
If the fact that I have designed firearms and cartridges doesn't qualify me in your eyes, you might need to get someone else to explain it to you.

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
smile anyone on the internet can say anything. some of your comments have made some question your bonafides. I don't think it is unreasonable to provide some kind of coroboration for your claimed experience. Happens all the time. Most will be glad to back themselves up if they really care about the subject at hand. we really don't know that you're not just some guy in a basement with an internet connection. I'm genuinely interested in the firearms you've said you helped design.
WHy is it hard to understand that we'd like to see what you're talking about with our own eyes ? If I said I had a wife but no one I associate with ever saw her, the'd start to think after a while that she didn't actually exist. smile

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
What kind of PhD are your playing? You forgot to mention that...again.

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
I'm a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, my BS is in Chemistry and Comparative biology. Most here know that. Quite a few of my friends are Physics professors here at the University. One is a Mathematics professor, another heavy into statistics and epidemiology.
I have a little experience in math and physics from the Navy's Nuclear Field programs. I was also accepted to Embry-Riddle (sp?) before changing tacks. There, I've posted pics and a mini-CV. The ball, as always, is in your court!

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Lee24
Actually, there are several very different bullets in that weight, from RN to SPBT, to SST.

I left the SST fold a long time ago after a 130 grn 277 SST (you know, the weight the 270 was invented for) shed it's jacket on a small (85lb) hog that needed a follow up head shot after the first SST (broadside lung shot) failed to exit or bring it down........

Kinda hard for a TSX to fail in that manner.........

badger

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Last years moose, 375 H&H and 300 grain Partitions.
[Linked Image]

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
recent hunts......Blake

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Above was taken at 340 yards with a 120 grain TSX outta my 7/08, does that count

[Linked Image]
How about a 12yo a 243 and an 85gr bullet

[Linked Image]
338 225 tsx, one shot 2 kills (I know this one doesn't count)

[Linked Image]
22/250 with 53 grain TSX.....

How about it Lee any pics?

People sleep peaceable in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well since everyone else is posting a couple of pics.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
gee...it looks like Lee left without critiquing my education !!
oh well...

great pics guys! Thanks for sharing smile

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Then you don't have much education in dynamics, ballistics, metallurgy, stress, strain, etc with which to evaluate my engineering degrees. But you would have access to animals to shoot for some real-world testing, like the French do, and like our military does at Aberdeen, MD.

If you do feel that you understand the math and physics, don't hesitate to explain your theory of why a 120-gr TSX is superior to a 140-gr TSX and other bullets for big game.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I"ve got a non scientific answer for the above question. Much like I do for SD and ES which I toss out the window for any load evaluation 600 yards or less.

Either it works or it doesn't. No BS about how or why it should or shouldn't, it either does or does not.
Same with ES and SD. The lowest numbers have NEVER been my most accurate load. Why? Who cares, if the load shoots, shoot it. What more do I need?

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
If you don't understand WHY it works or doesn't you are operating as a mystic, on emotion and intuition. That's fine, just not for me.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
None of the above, mystic, and emotion and intuition, matter any. I used to be very analytical and need to know why or why not, when I finally realized I was wasting loading and practice time over something that made absolutely no difference at all. As long as my loads were safe, and accurate to meet my goals, then the rest was a total waste of time. Thats where in competition shooting, I managed to sneak past a lot of folks wasting their time, and lots of it, trying to figure out why or why not and then arguing it to death, while I was loading and shooting and becoming a much better shot than the rest.

If there were/are other reasons that I need to know about, please let me know.

Jeff

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
rost, sounds like you're saying experience trumps theory.

Imagine that!!!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 9 of 24 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (17CalFan, 1minute, 204guy, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 72 invisible), 2,287 guests, and 1,384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,683
Posts18,493,925
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.