Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I was driving through Palo Alto, listening to a local author about how the Internet is degrading culture by amateurs posting their opinions as equal to those of experts, and not knowing the difference in values of opinion.

He gave examples, too, of dishonesty on Google, Wikipedia and YouTube, where anonymous posters put up content as if it were personal, expository, or entertainment, when it was really paid for by sponsors.

If anyone here is being paid, provided free goods or services, or other compensation or consideration, they should acknowledge such up front in their endorsements.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Interesting tack...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
see my last post on the picture debacle...

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
the Internet is degrading culture by amateurs posting their opinions as equal to those of experts

I guess you're claiming the role as expert???

Last edited by jds44; 06/11/07.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
If anyone here is being paid, provided free goods or services, or other compensation or consideration, they should acknowledge such up front in their endorsements.
Fess up Preparation-H is sponsoring your posts

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Somehow we've gone from 120 gr, 7mm-08 to show any picture of a game animal to internet ethics.

An interesting cliche comes to mind: If you're in a hole quit digging!

I suspect that applies to everyone else...............

You certainly have a way of twisting things around.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
If anyone here is being paid....

I guess that since I am here at work when I post that elevates me to pro status.

L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
If you aren't receiving consideration to praise bullets, stocks, barrels, optics or trips, why did you reply?

For another example, most viewers know that most outdoor TV shows are actually infomercials, where the host and his production company bought the 30 minutes and sold advertising, then produced a hunting or fishing trip around those products.

A genuine hunting or fishing show would record a real trip, find a network to buy the shows, and the network and/or the show producers would sell advertising for items which may not actually be used by the sportsmen and guides.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow.
That would be great if a company was willing to pay me to hunt....unfortunately I find myself spending hundreds of dollars on licenses and gear every year.

Did that local author say anything about guys who claim to be experts on hunting and shooting but can't give one lick of evidence of their experience?

Man, I really was routing for you that you were going to come through on that other thread and show us something to shut us all up.....so we could get through this. I think this arrived at a comical stage of obliviousness. You will do anything possible to avoid full exposure of your lack of true experience.
I think all have arrived at this fact anyway.
I am starting to feel sorry for you.

Take Care and Best of luck.

Shoot Strait....Penetrate Deep.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lee you are a delusional [bleep], and that is me being nice.........Blake

People sleep peaceable in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
IC B3

L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Why do you feel insulted by a question about some people posing as objective users when they are really being paid by manufacturers?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Glad ya said some..... I"ve never recieved payment from Barnes. I tout their products because they the best projectiles for hunting I"ve ever used to date.
Same reason that I"ll negate a product too. Because its junk.

I"m here to help fellow sportspeople out with their decision making via my personal experiences. Not what I"ve heard elsewhere.

How about the photo?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
BMD Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Fess up Preparation-H is sponsoring your posts
TFF

Scott

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The fact that you believe that bullshit insults my delicate nature, how is that?.......Blake

People sleep peaceable in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
You certainly sound hurt and angry.
I posted about a genuine issue of marketing dishonesty, and some of you feel obligated to take it personally. Why is that?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As I said before. this is where you ignore the troll. Middle of the page. Don't feed the trolls.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=7628

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
After reading this thread and parts of several others, Lee24's claims of personal experience remind me of a common software product - Vaporware.

Vaporware is best described as puffed up marketing promises about a product that isn't yet delivered, may never get delivered, and often doesn't exist at all.

It seems to me a request for pics was reasonable.

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 06/11/07.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Lee24 has got to be a woman. No man could ignore that last thread and start another one, all the while blaming everyone else for any problems.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Actually, I claim no experience with the 120-gr TSX, so I will have no pix of game killed with it.

And I find not many others here have much experience with it, either.

Now, try to post in the right thread.
This one is about posters and bloggers who are paid to use products but pretend to just be delighted customers.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Imagine..long blond hair...ruby red lips...smiling at a mirror...

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

651 members (16gage, 160user, 12344mag, 117LBS, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 70 invisible), 2,930 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,736
Posts18,495,001
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.