Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by joken2

Originally Posted by deflave
One thing I have noticed in relation go amazon is that in Montana almost all their orders were delivered by UPS or FedEx.

But in our current neighborhood it is almost always an amazon delivery van. Pretty rare for it to be dropped off by FedEx or the Brown Santa.

We live in a small town in western KY. A while back DHL delivered something the wife ordered from Amazon . First and only DHL delivery I've seen or know of in this area in many years. Haven't had anything else ordered from Amazon or any where else delivered by DHL since. Only thing I can figure is whatever it was the wife ordered on Amazon was actually shipped by a third party vendor.

Cannot speak to the last mile consumer delivery. However, Grand Son-In-Law works for DHL in Hebron, KY. DHL is building a huge distribution center adjacent to CVG. Amazon is building an even bigger distribution center next to CVG. While Amazon is not DHL's only customer, DHL has a contract to guarantee Amazon a certain number of air cargo containers per day to ensure they can cover the volume.

My former office was on the approach to the long runway (36R?) at CVG. Early morning (6am - 8am) the Amazon cargo craft were continually lined up nose to tail on approach. Seemed like maybe only one in four craft were commercial....

Last edited by Orion2000; 04/22/20.

GB1

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I also use Amazon a bit because the closest store to my house NOT named "Piggly Wiggly" is 35 to 40 miles away. One way. I guess I'm used to sort of planning ahead and will order as need be. I rarely ever need something "right now" that I can't get at the Pig.

AA batteries or maybe a broken shoelace. Rest can be planned.

Me

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Our Amazon purchases are far up the last six weeks. A $300 book case and various tchotchkes for Momma. Three new fishing reels, two new rods, spools of braided line in 8#, 10#, 20#, and 30#, supplies for DIY Walleye spinners, a bunch of spinner lures, and terminal tackle for me. I ordered replacement parts for my SIL's aquarium filter which would have been impossible to find in any B&M store/

The fishing tackle I might have been able to find between Cabelas and Sportsman's Warehouse with four hours on the road and 10 gallons of gas.

Delivery? Sometimes UPS, sometimes USPS into the mailbox, occasionally Fed-Ex.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you are buying from Amazon sign up for Amazon Smile and pick the organization you would like to donate to. All the hunting organizations are there (RMEF, F,DU and many more). It doesn't cost you any more to use it and the proceeds go where you want it to. Last year $58.00 was donated to the Ruffed Grouse Society in my name. It's not a lot but every bit helps and it didn't cost me anything extra.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Gun Owners Association - is on there too I believe.

Me

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Amazon a good place to buy many auto parts and cheaper too, especially for older vehicles. In a pinch I recently bought a 2 pack of plastic wheel well splash shield retainers at a local Auto Zone for $6.00 plus tax when I could have got a multi-pack of around a hundred assorted such fixtures for a little over twice what just the two piece pack alone cost at Auto Zone.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I buy from Amazon usually something every month. Some is significantly cheaper than local prices.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I am not spending money at Amazon
I am Making money off of them
For the past 2 1/2 weeks I have been working on Building upgrade for Amazon 10 miles from my home and have not missed a days work since the Pandemic Started
10 hour days and Saturdays.

I made an order to give them some money back but when they told me it would take over a month to get what I ordered I went to EBAY. I looked in 5 Local Stores before i went on line.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by funshooter
For the past 2 1/2 weeks I have been working on Building upgrade for Amazon 10 miles from my home and have not missed a days work since the Pandemic Started

I made an order to give them some money back but when they told me it would take over a month to get what I ordered I went to EBAY. I looked in 5 Local Stores before i went on line.

You oppose the business that keeps you working?

I'm not sure I follow.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I'm not sure I follow.

It appears to be temporary job on improvement project for Amazone, therefore, he owes them nothing.

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I get quite a bit of stuff from Amazon. I'm 10 miles outside of town. By the time I drive 20 miles, plus around town, waste several hours not finding what I'm looking for, I'm pretty pissed off. Amazon takes me a few days longer to get stuff delivered but it saves me a lot of stress. Now days if I go to the mall, it is just for the hell of going to the mall and wandering around, maybe finding something I didn't know I needed, but not truly shopping for anything. 'bout the only stores I truly LIKE to visit are gun stores / sporting goods stores.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Slavek

I'm not sure I follow.

It appears to be temporary job on improvement project for Amazone, therefore, he owes them nothing.

I don't think he owes them anything either but how would it being temp work differ than him being FTE? Do the checks somehow cash differently?

Me

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I know you're a polak but Jesus Christ.

Try and contain it every now and again.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by T_O_M
I get quite a bit of stuff from Amazon. I'm 10 miles outside of town. By the time I drive 20 miles, plus around town, waste several hours not finding what I'm looking for, I'm pretty pissed off. Amazon takes me a few days longer to get stuff delivered but it saves me a lot of stress. Now days if I go to the mall, it is just for the hell of going to the mall and wandering around, maybe finding something I didn't know I needed, but not truly shopping for anything. 'bout the only stores I truly LIKE to visit are gun stores / sporting goods stores.

I'm the same - except my commute to town is longer/farther.

The one store I really find useless - Costco. Other than occasionally protein bars, I rarely go in there and find something I have to have or need. GF gets a free membership from her work otherwise I'd never go.

Me

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I'm not sure I follow.

If it wasn’t for Amazon improving the facility he would be working. Are you that dumb?

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 79S

I'm not sure I follow.

If it wasn’t for Amazon improving the facility he would be working. Are you that dumb?

ConseulO, did you mean that he would NOT be working ?

2nd question:
Are you also Polish with no polish?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by teal
I shop groceries and the like locally. I order weird BBQ rubs and things I can't get locally off Amazon.

I still buy a lot of books there - get some great used books that are out of print.

If you're in need of stocking they're a great resource. You may not have your shop towels or batteries today, but you'll have them in a couple weeks.

We stay pretty well prepared anyway but with hurricane season approaching compounded by the uncertainty of The Corona lockdowns it's really helped us replenish stuff with little/no effort.

As JeffA stated the prices can vary but oftentimes we get stuff for the same that it would cost at Sam's or Wal-Fugk.

Camel - Camel - Camel

https://camelcamelcamel.com

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I do not click on links provided by Kingston.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I do not click on links provided by Kingston.

It's not embedded...

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by 79S

I'm not sure I follow.

ConseulO, did you mean that he would NOT be working ?

2nd question:
Are you also Polish with no polish?

No. He's a Pole with a knoll.. on the tip of his head.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

123 members (673, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 1minute, 29aholic, 13 invisible), 1,941 guests, and 921 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,939
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.