Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
N
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
N
I got a couple of quarters in change yesterday and they were sitting on the dresser where I keep my keys, wallet, etc. My wife saw them, looked at them and asked ,”what is this on the back?” It was two BATS of all things!!!!! They were commemorating American Samoa. Talk about bad timing 😳

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Trying to make them collector items maybe?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Warren quits commemorative Quarter?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by navlav8r
I got a couple of quarters in change yesterday and they were sitting on the dresser where I keep my keys, wallet, etc. My wife saw them, looked at them and asked ,”what is this on the back?” It was two BATS of all things!!!!! They were commemorating American Samoa. Talk about bad timing 😳

trust the plan, Q knows....

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just in case anybody cares..

U.S. Mint/News/Press Releases/2019

United States Mint Reveals Designs for the Final Coins in the America the Beautiful Quarters® Program
August 13, 2019
2020-21 America the Beautiful quarter designs

ROSEMONT, IL – The United States Mint (Mint) unveiled the official designs today for the final six coins in the America the Beautiful Quarters® Program. The unveiling took place at the American Numismatic Association’s World’s Fair of Money in the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center.

The first five designs will appear on the reverses (tails) of quarters set for release in 2020 honoring the National Park of American Samoa (American Samoa), Weir Farm National Historic Site (Connecticut), Salt River Bay National Historical Park and Ecological Preserve (U.S. Virgin Islands), Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park (Vermont), and Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve (Kansas). The design for the sixth and final coin in the program will honor the Tuskegee Airmen National Historic Site in Alabama, which is set for release in 2021.

Artists in the Mint’s Artistic Infusion Program (AIP) created the designs, which the Mint’s Sculptor-Engravers sculpted.

National Park of American Samoa

Designer: Richard Masters
Sculptor-Engraver: Phebe Hemphill
Mr. Masters’ design depicts a Samoan Fruit Bat mother hanging in a tree with her pup evoking the remarkable care and energy that this species puts into their offspring. The design is intended to promote awareness of the species’ threatened status due to habitat loss and commercial hunting. The National Park of American Samoa is the only park in the United States that is home to the Samoan Fruit Bat. Inscriptions are “NATIONAL PARK,” “AMERICAN SAMOA,” “2020,” and “E PLURIBUS UNU

But, as they say. timing is everything. grin

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (35, 41rem, 007FJ, 6mmCreedmoor, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 7 invisible), 1,538 guests, and 868 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,314
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.