Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by reivertom
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I have a clamp on my pickup to keep it from rattling and to keep the trailers from bouncing. The receiver is slightly oversized. I've never hit it yet.
I have hitch on our SUV, too. That one comes off. It's a real shin buster.

If you have a need for one, these work really well.
[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]

I have one on mine and it is excellent for stopping that damned constant "clunk".

Thanks for showing this. I didn't even know they made such a critter. I just ordered one for my hitch. Just last night I was towing my utility trailer down our brick street and woke up everybody in 6 blocks.

That's a great idea. I employed redneck engineering, and hammered a wooden shim into the receiver on the top side of the shaft. It wouldn't come out easily, but it sure as fcuk didn't rattle or clunk. wink

However, I had an instance where I entered the house & found long black greasy streaks all over the walls, right about knee-level. I was spooling up to scream at the offspring, when my black lab came slobbering up to me. It occurred to me to check his tail, which turned out to be covered with grease he'd picked up from the ball hitch.

I bought a ball cover not long thereafter.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I’ve always considered a man that takes it out a pu$$y or an anal retentive doucher.

Enjoy the hunt while it lasts!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Fairly certain it's illegal to let them in here in PA (or so I've been told).

I let mine in all summer but usually take it out in the winter as I rarely tow from October to March. I had one rust into the receiver of a suburban I had years ago, it was a real bitch to get out.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Those anti-rattler clamps only cost about $12. I was going to make one but a U-bolt costs about 1/2 of that. The savings of a DIY version aren't worth the effort.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I leave mine in year round. During the spring-fall I use a B&W Stow and Tow and for winter it's a chrome plated 3" drop with a 2" ball. Not much towing in the Winter but the morons are on the roads year round.

JD338

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged

I bought a ball cover not long thereafter.

FC

i use an old tennis ball. Cut an “X” to slip it over the ball.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
All my trucks have the stinger locked in place. I keep the tri-ball stinger on my everyday truck so I’m always covered. I’ve hit my shin a time or two when I was younger but now I swing wide when I walk around the back of trucks....I treat trucks like horses and mules when walking behind them.

Several years ago my buddy and I were up at his beach cabin on Vancouver island when we decided to break early from dropping trees to hit the local Pub for some well earned cocktails. He parked his new lifted F-350 in front and our seat inside offered us a perfect view of his rig. We watched this goofy looking dork walk through the parking lot and right into his stinger...his knee center punched the hitch and he immediately went down. He came up madder than a wet hen and commenced kicking the hitch with his flip flop covered feet. Apparently that was a bad idea because he only got one kick in on the hitch before deciding to call it a draw. We were laughing so hard that the guy knew it was our rig. He gave us the stink eye so we decided to compliment him on his situational awareness, depth perception, choice of footwear and haircut (Canadian mullet). He wasn’t in as good of a mood as we were and blamed his stupidity on us, that only put us in a better and more jovial mood. My god my side hurt when we finally decided to head back to the cabin for post celebration-celebrations. We bought the poor shmuck a drink when we closed out our tab, it was the least we could do considering the entertainment he provided us.

I’ll never forget that poor guy doing battle against an inanimate steel hitch dressed in full dumb-ass battle gear.....flip flops and shorts. 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MarkFed
I’ve always considered a man that takes it out a pu$$y or an anal retentive doucher.

And that really means something, coming from you.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

305 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 16penny, 260Remguy, 46 invisible), 2,488 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,689
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.