Hop To
Page 33 of 67 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 66 67
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by mtwarden
thought I'd give the MtnTough 22 workout a go

jump lunges and jump squats kicked my a$$ bad; obviously need improvement jumping smile

Step 1) Sprint #1 — 0.5 mile
Step 2) Superset 1 — Lunge Jumps and Push-Ups (Every Round adds to 22 reps)

20 LUNGE JUMPS – 2 PUSH-UPS
18 LUNGE JUMPS – 4 PUSH-UPS
16 LUNGE JUMPS - 6 PUSH-UPS
14 LUNGE JUMPS – 8 PUSH-UPS
12 LUNGE JUMPS – 10 PUSH-UPS
10 LUNGE JUMPS – 12 PUSH-UPS
8 LUNGE JUMPS – 14 PUSH-UPS
6 LUNGE JUMPS – 16 PUSH-UPS
4 LUNGE JUMPS – 18 PUSH-UPS
2 LUNGE JUMPS – 20 PUSH-UPS

Step 3) Sprint #2 — 0.5 mile
Step 4) Superset 2 — *Jump Squats and Renegade Rows (Every Round adds to 22 reps)

20 SQUAT JUMPS – 2 BODYWEIGHT RENEGADE ROWS
18 SQUAT JUMPS – 4 BODYWEIGHT RENEGADE ROWS
16 SQUAT JUMPS - 6 BODYWEIGHT RENEGADE ROWS
14 SQUAT JUMPS – 8 BODYWEIGHT RENEGADE ROWS
12 SQUAT JUMPS – 10 BODYWEIGHT RENEGADE ROWS
10 SQUAT JUMPS – 12 BODYWEIGHT RENEGADE ROWS
8 SQUAT JUMPS – 14 BODYWEIGHT RENEGADE ROWS
6 SQUAT JUMPS – 16 BODYWEIGHT RENEGADE ROWS
4 SQUAT JUMPS – 18 BODYWEIGHT RENEGADE ROWS
2 SQUAT JUMPS – 20 BODYWEIGHT RENEGADE ROWS

Interesting. Not many people can truly sprint a half mile.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I do a fair amount of both air squats and lunges, but adding the jump to both of those was killer!

gotta a link to Korean jumping jacks, not seeing anything but regular jumping jacks coming up

yeah no sprint here smile guessing 4-ish minutes 1/2 miles, could safely shave that some

Last edited by mtwarden; 04/21/20.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I wasn't saying you can't sprint, I am just saying that is a very ambitious target for a workout.

Korean Jumping Jacks

Hands on top of head, squat to a full deep squat, explode up into the air

My wrestling coach added an evil twist to them! three foot marks on the ground Korean Jumping Jacks forward. frown frown

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah... I ran the 440 in high school (not particularly well)... that's just 1/4 mile and not a sprint and I like to died every damn time I ran it. smile

Awesome workouts Mike and MCH. Awesome.

Well.... I think I'll just give a sense of what I'm doing and step away; I know it's bothersome to some when I post them as workouts. But I'm farkin' whipped, haha. Anyway we are taking the downtime (wife is furloughed till basically September) so we are taking on a really unpleasant project. In Western Oregon one of the worst jobs there is is fencing; but worse still is taking down old fence. It gets shot through with brambles, swamp grass, blackberry vines, thorn bushes, poison oak.... We had a fence to keep the goats out of the garden, I built it ~ 20 years ago, but it's not tall enough to keep deer out. We don't have goats anymore. So we are going from this, note the tops of the T-posts:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And through a process of hacking, cutting, mowing, yanking, chain sawing, using a Hi-lift jack, and so on, eventually get to this like below. Next step will be to rototill the fenceline, put in new t-posts, then stretch the fence. At least I can re-use the corners.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
got a link to Korean jumping jacks, not seeing anything but regular jumping jacks coming up

Does the guy in the video look like he's Korean?

Did the regular route with the pack yesterday, 45 minutes on the peloton the day before. Stretchimg and abs today.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
looked more Irish smile

5 miles on the trails w/ Tiny Elvis; legs a wee bit sore from yesterday's jump lunges/squats

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
looked more Irish smile

5 miles on the trails w/ Tiny Elvis; legs a wee bit sore from yesterday's jump lunges/squats

Irish jumping jacks? Sounds like what you do to pull yourself up after falling off the bar stool.....

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by smokepole
looked more Irish smile

Irish jumping jacks? Sounds like what you do to pull yourself up after falling off the bar stool.....

that's it! smile

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I always come to you JeffO for inspiration. You smoke some weed, walk a mile on flat ground, get lost fall off a step later, file disability and cut a few pieces of wood and tell of your incredibly interesting minutiae in life( previously your energy on here was dedicated to screaming Trump was a Russian plant lol)

Anyway a big thanks

Just did 3 miles with 20 lb pack and some kettlebell work and stretching for 30 min

Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Yeah... I ran the 440 in high school (not particularly well)... that's just 1/4 mile and not a sprint and I like to died every damn time I ran it. smile

Awesome workouts Mike and MCH. Awesome.

Well.... I think I'll just give a sense of what I'm doing and step away; I know it's bothersome to some when I post them as workouts. But I'm farkin' whipped, haha. Anyway we are taking the downtime (wife is furloughed till basically September) so we are taking on a really unpleasant project. In Western Oregon one of the worst jobs there is is fencing; but worse still is taking down old fence. It gets shot through with brambles, swamp grass, blackberry vines, thorn bushes, poison oak.... We had a fence to keep the goats out of the garden, I built it ~ 20 years ago, but it's not tall enough to keep deer out. We don't have goats anymore. So we are going from this, note the tops of the T-posts:

And through a process of hacking, cutting, mowing, yanking, chain sawing, using a Hi-lift jack, and so on, eventually get to this like below. Next step will be to rototill the fenceline, put in new t-posts, then stretch the fence. At least I can re-use the corners.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yesterday early am:
15 min elliptical
Boxing, 20 rounds alternating - 1 round heavy bag/1 round double end bag - each round 3 min, 1 min on elliptical between rounds
15 min elliptical

Yesterday supper workout - many rounds of carb/protein loading (venison mostaccioli Bake) with Merlot between rounds.

Today early am.....coffee....lots of coffee. Moving to water now...lots of water.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Do you know what conditioning means? Do you apply techniques to control yourself from becoming conditioned? Do you push yourself mentally as well a physically in your workouts?

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 04/23/20.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
5 miles with my wife and Tiny E on the trails; finally getting some decent drying out of most of the trails

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Since I am a computer guy, I have been working from home during the great pandemic of 2020. Today I started packing a 40lb dumbell with me everywhere I go, and then cranking out a few lifts every now and then. Not much, but I'm kinda impressed at how much it is kicking my butt.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Another good week. Bumped up the bike intensity a little and stretched the runs a little. DB & bodyweight workouts went well.
Start chasing turkeys with my youngest tomorrow and throwing a small sandbag in pack withe decoy.

"There is no excellance in Archery without great labor".
Maurice Thompson 1879

Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow.
Fred Bear
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Nice Scott. Good luck, and be safe!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Do you know what conditioning means? Do you apply techniques to control yourself from becoming conditioned? Do you push yourself mentally as well a physically in your workouts?

Dang man....it was just a little to much wine and a day off. I think the day off was good for me.

Early am:

Elliptical 15 min
Circuit: 1 min rest between rounds, 3 working rounds
PL Squat
DB Incline
Lats
Rev Hyper

Light snatches for technique

15 min elliptical

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
7 miles on the trails with Tiny Elvis- Montana's early flowers are starting to pop- Pasqueflower (Crocus), Shooting stars and Yellowbells, a variety of different colored Phlox

[Linked Image from imgur.com]

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
10 miles in the Elkhorn Mtns w/ Tiny Elvis (5 on snowshoes); snow was rotten in spots with lots of postholing - with snowshoes!

Last edited by mtwarden; 04/25/20.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
well my 7 mile out & back in the hopes of recovering my sunglasses from yesterday were for not- I passed two mtn bikes on the way out and was hoping they didn't make it too far up, they did and no sunglasses frown

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
thought I'd give the MtnTough 22 workout a go

jump lunges and jump squats kicked my a$$ bad; obviously need improvement jumping smile

Step 1)....

Did you happen to time this?

I’ll try it tomorrow, be curious to know where I’m at, versus someone in much better shape than me.

I’m considering giving their program a try, as I do much better with structured workouts vs my own routines. I’m probably a couple months out on being ready for something with that intensity.

Page 33 of 67 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

155 members (2UP, 470Evans, 44mc, 375TN, 7887mm08, 16 invisible), 1,609 guests, and 1,021 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,961
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.