-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Received a box of 155g .284" Terminal Ascent bullets yesterday. Another box should arrive in 4 days.

Created Dummy loads for my 7mm RM and .280 Rem, both .020" off the lands. Both fit nicely in the 3.5" magazines. The boat tail protrudes into the cases past the shoulder, but that is normal for boat tail bullets.

Looking forward to using these for elk this fall. Gave SIL a 7mm RM a couple months back and he plans to use them as well. HE wanted to buy one of my boxes, which are hard to come by right now. I told him to go fish. (Seems like the only readily available source right now is Federal. I purchased mine form midwayusa but they are out.

The cartridges show n the photo are both 7mm RM. The top one shows COL, the gottom on the finished dummy. (I know, this isn't how you normally use the bullet comparator, but I had just measured for seating depth and didn't want to remove it. I actually use it in this manner quite a bit because remooving it and putting it back on just seems sill when it isn't necessary.)

Built a.280 Rem dummy next. Don't plan to sell my 140g and 160g .284" North Fork bullets, of which I have about 200 total, but if the Terminal Ascent bullets as anywhere nearly as accurate as the North Forks they will see use in both rifles.

[Linked Image]

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hope they keep them in production for you, I made the mistake of buying into the Edge TLR early, developed a load, and now they are cancelled. I'll have to think thrice before buying another Federal bullet...

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I have been using the Trophy Bonded Tip bullet for a while now with very good results. Last fall my friend took a frontal shot at cow moose using a 30-06 and 180 TBT. The bullet was recovered against the hide by the pelvis and it looked like it should have been used in an advertisement. On the same hunt another hunter took a bull moose with a Berger 185 VLD hunter out of a 308 win. The shot was taken super close and broadside. The bullet blew up and didn't pernitrate very well but the moose didn't make it far because the damage to the near lung was extensive. After inspection it looked like the far lung wasn't hit or was hardly hit. That bullet did the job but on an angled shot or if heavy bone was hit I don't know if the results would have been the same. The terminal accent looks to be a fantastic design that should hold together and work well at close and extended range. Where I hunt shots over 200 yards are almost non existent so for now I'll stick with the TBT but if I was to hunt at longer ranges the Terminal Accent looks like a winner.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Nothing whatsoever to do with bullet performance or quality....but does anyone else get tired of the hokey names the sales people hang on any sporting items? Terminal Ascent? Raptor? Extreme Terminal Performance? Clothing...Gnarly Nasty Deep Canyon underwear. Horrible Danger Mountain men's and ladies vest. Urban Avoidance bullet resistant tee shirts, unisex. Gawd.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Nothing whatsoever to do with bullet performance or quality....but does anyone else get tired of the hokey names the sales people hang on any sporting items? Terminal Ascent? Raptor? Extreme Terminal Performance? Clothing...Gnarly Nasty Deep Canyon underwear. Horrible Danger Mountain men's and ladies vest. Urban Avoidance bullet resistant tee shirts, unisex. Gawd.

But without the cool name it probably wouldn’t work as advertised. JK. It’s getting a little crazy. Some product names are getting pretty long winded and very tactical sounding. Apparently marketing professionals think or know that’s what’s selling but what do I know.

Last edited by obie458; 04/26/20.
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
What do you think it should be named?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Jeez, you're right Calvin, it's not easy to come up with a name. I looked online and the Federals were 53 bucks a box... maybe we could then call them Anal Penetrators? Nah, won't fly. There is more to this advertising game than meets the eye. If John Nosler had called his bullets Partitions I doubt he'd sold very many.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1234, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 73 invisible), 2,147 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,784
Posts18,495,971
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.