-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was just talking to one of my local hot rod buddies, mostly about older cars and pickups, but he also mentioned some old heavy equipment that is around here. I don't know if any of it is for sale. Some people around here are satisfied to just let it "may they rust in peace". We're hoping to get our Model A's out next week. The temps are supposed to get into the low 60's and the snow has been melting rapidly.

Last edited by wyo1895; 04/24/20.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

GB1

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
no rivalry on the rust maybe guns but he's way ahead on quantity. Since you brought up vehicles just getting my 1970 SS 454 Monte Carlo back from 2 year restoration. Then off to upholstery shop. Then I can park it next to my 1970 Monte Carlo 402 4 speed 1 of 587. Then I can put my 1967 big block Chevelle next to them and let them collect dust. My favorite driver is my 59 Chevy Apache out of Arizona No Rust!!

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
We used to have rivalry when we both had Indian Motorcycles!!! grin most of my stuff is rusty,Dick likes to spend money on restorations !!!! grin grin

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
I believe the nose out of joint was a rivalry when I had Harleys and loggah had Indians.then we had cider I think that's how the nose job happend

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by topnotch99
no rivalry on the rust maybe guns but he's way ahead on quantity. Since you brought up vehicles just getting my 1970 SS 454 Monte Carlo back from 2 year restoration. Then off to upholstery shop. Then I can park it next to my 1970 Monte Carlo 402 4 speed 1 of 587. Then I can put my 1967 big block Chevelle next to them and let them collect dust. My favorite driver is my 59 Chevy Apache out of Arizona No Rust!!

Holy Cow. My buddy and I had twin 69 340 swingers. Orange with Black Bumble Bee stripes. Mine was an auto, his a 4 speed. He hated the 4 speed so we would trade cars on the weekends. I had a wee bit too much Canadian Club and wrecked his car. Hit a fire hydrant and a tree at over 90 MPH. The cop said it was the worse accident he had ever seen where the driver lived, much less walked away from. Yes, I wore my shoulder and lap belts. So I gave him my car, and I took the wreck. The following weekend he showed up in a 70 SS 454 Monte Carlo. A week or so later he lost it along an old farm, left the road, and took out about a dozen fence posts. A fence post went through the passenger door, and hit his passenger just above his ear and scalped him. We were rough on those old cars.
This is the one I traded for the one I wrecked.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This one I should have kept. 440 magnum Auto.

This is the one I did keep. I was supposed to start the resto first of the year, now it's on hold again. Sleeper. Formula S, 383, 4 speed. One year only option, and they only made 64 of them.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like you guys were kind of hard on your bodies too? Well, I was too. I laid my 850 Norton down on a curve at 70 MPH, Damaged me and the Norton pretty bad. I've still got road rash scars.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Y'all can have those muscle cars. smile I'm bidding on a '61 MGA MkII roadster to go with my MGBGT. If I win it, I'll be saying so long to a passle of guns! Never cared for big bloated Detroit Iron no matter how powerful the engine.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
just pull over when we come by at a buck fifty and hold on lol

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Gary, Some of us full sized adults dont fit in those wee limey rigs !!! grinJoe how fast did that 440 tow that old boat ???? grin grin

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
My 58 MGA coupe is one of the few pics of my old cars that I do not have.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
IC B3

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
wrecked my share of every thing. loggah can verify my farther said I could break the horn off a anvil

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by topnotch99
just pull over when we come by at a buck fifty and hold on lol

Unless I'm in my buddy's Lotus Esprit or my BIL's 427 Cobra then you won't be coming by! It's all in good fun. Personally I have no desire to go fast anymore. I would cheerfully sell half my gun collection to buy a 1948 MGTC- top speed 80mph, maybe. Cruising speed: 55.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had a 75 Dart Swinger with the slant 6. Never hit 90 with it. Never hit an oak tree. None of my friends ever got hurt in it.

I had a boring childhood.

frown

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 99guy
I had a 75 Dart Swinger with the slant 6. Never hit 90 with it. Never hit an oak tree. None of my friends ever got hurt in it.

I had a boring childhood.

frown

I'll tell you how that car met it's demise. We kids used to park our cars out in front of my parents house in the summer. The front yard sloped downhill towards a line of 100+ year old Sugar Maples (which we used to tap in the spring, but that is another story) that bordered my parents property. I had an old hound dog that liked to get under the back bumpers of cars and trucks and scratch it's back. One day she scratched her back so hard she knocked my car out of gear and it rolled down the hill until it found one of those old Sugar Maples that did not budge when the Swinger hit. I put a for sale sign on the car in Dad's front yard and if IIRC I got $125 for it. You know that story has to be true, cause you couldn't make that up in a million years.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm guessing it was the whiskey's fault not the car's in Joe's case, Randy.

Last edited by gnoahhh; 04/24/20.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess you could have called me a switch hitter when I was young. I would go back and forth between Detroit muscle and British cool!
Had Chevelle's from 64 to 70 , one at least each year, with El Caminos mixed in. For cool I had MG td, bug eyed sprite, Austin Healey 100-6, and a Xke.
Oh yeah , had a Morris Minor 2000 too. Dated my wife in that one. Almost lost her to a 62 corvette. Good thing the corvette guy seldom bathed😁
Worst of the bunch was the XKE. The brits just couldn't manage electrical .
blew the reverse/first slider in the 100-6 and traded it for a motorcycle. Bad ,Bad mistake.

Last edited by deerstalker; 04/24/20.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Fastest I ever motored was in an E-type. I won't say how fast- there's still a warrant out. grin Drove an XK-150 my senior year in college. Paid $900 for it in 1973. Should give you an idea of its condition! Girls loved it though. Engine was good, brakes fair, electrics dead nuts unreliable. God I wish I had that car back!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've never had a cool car, just cool 4x4's. 1964 Chevy stepside with the 292 6 and a four speed. Stupid thing would climb a tree. I used it to meet customers and bid jobs. All the old guys loved it and I got almost every job I looked at. My hotrod was a 55 Chevy 4x4 with a built 350 and turbo 400. It was the parade tire squeaker. One I wish I'd finished and kept was a 54 GMC Surburban 4x4. I sold it half done. Needed the shop space. Most interesing car was probably the 27 Nash.

LOL
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I never took hardly any pictures of the cars i had ! cryif there were many the "EX" had them. the fastest i ever went,that i know of was 155-160. 155 for sure in a 1962 impala bubble top,had a 160 mph spedo in it,got light in the front end. 160 on my 1951 indian chief chopper 80 inch plus motor,traded a 23 tooth transmssion sprocket to 28 tooth,had a front wheel drive spedo and brought it all the way around back to zero !!!!!!! no the smartest thing i ever did !!!! crazy crazy

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I always say that if you scratch the surface of a gun nut you'll probably also find a car nut in there too!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (35, 6mmbrfan, 406_SBC, 358wsm, 10Glocks, 907brass, 11 invisible), 1,397 guests, and 855 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,928
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.