Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Team finds over 30 strains of C-19, and they do not kill equally.

Li's team found that some of the most aggressive strains of the virus were able to generate 270 times the viral load as the weakest strains; in addition, the aggressive strains killed the human cells fastest.

More than 30 different mutations of the virus were detected, of which 19 were previously undiscovered.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/coronavirus-mutated-at-least-30-different-strains-study-finds

The novel coronavirus has mutated into at least 30 different genetic variations, according to a new study in China.

The results showed that medical officials have vastly underestimated the overall ability of the virus to mutate, in finding that different strains have affected different parts of the world, leading to potential difficulties in finding an overall cure.

The study, which was carried out by professor Li Lanjuan and colleagues from Zhejiang University in Hangzhou, China, was published in a non-peer reviewed paper released on Sunday.

The researchers analyzed the strains from 11 randomly chosen coronavirus patients from Hangzhou, where there have been 1,264 reported cases, and then tested how efficiently they could infect and kill cells. China's coronavirus numbers, however, have been questioned, as they have not been verified.

More than 30 different mutations of the virus were detected, of which 19 were previously undiscovered.

“Sars-CoV-2 has acquired mutations capable of substantially changing its pathogenicity,” Li wrote in the paper.

As of Tuesday afternoon, COVID-19 has infected more than 804,000 people in the United States and killed at least 43,200. More than 4 million tests have been conducted in the U.S., but experts believe that number must be increased in order to reopen society. Worldwide, there are at least 2.5 million cases of the disease.

Li's team found that some of the most aggressive strains of the virus were able to generate 270 times the viral load as the weakest strains; in addition, the aggressive strains killed the human cells fastest.

According to their findings, the "true diversity" of the viral strains is underappreciated and must be understood in order to find a treatment or vaccine.

"Drug and vaccine development, while urgent, need to take the impact of these accumulating mutations, especially the founding mutations, into account to avoid potential pitfall," the authors wrote.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bio attack..

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That would explain why some people have been reinfected after being cleared. Multiple strains of covid-19 likely complicates acquiring individual immunity and herd immunity to the virus.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Squidge
That would explain why some people have been reinfected after being cleared. Multiple strains of covid-19 likely complicates acquiring individual immunity and herd immunity to the virus.

Yeah. It's so complex.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
It’s never too early to start an April fools prank. I am thinking a “flave died of the covid” prank?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Good info here. Thanks for posting it.Recently read an article explaining why covid 19 was likely man made in the Wuhan lab. Explained about receptors being engineered to allow human to human transition ect. Talked about the team doing the research, pretty detailed info. Antelope sniper, what is your take on this. I am not buying animal to human transmition.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Calvin
It’s never too early to start an April fools prank. I am thinking a “flave died of the covid” prank?

The believers would be thrilled.

Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by deflave

So, what do the numbers need to be before you are a believer?
Currently over 900K known cases, and over 50K deaths.

At what point will you say it is for real? 9M cases, 500K deaths? 90M cases 5M deaths?

I get your arguments, just wondering what has to happen before you change your mind?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
China.... a non-peer reviewed paper..... likely disinformation.

Please don't feed the trolls!
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
[b][/b]
Originally Posted by atse
Good info here. Thanks for posting it.Recently read an article explaining why covid 19 was likely man made in the Wuhan lab. Explained about receptors being engineered to allow human to human transition ect. Talked about the team doing the research, pretty detailed info. Antelope sniper, what is your take on this. I am not buying animal to human transmition.

Aste,

Based on my studies I do not accept the "Laboratory Engineered" hypothesis. Corona type viruses are very common in Bats. I posted a link here awhile back with a video discussion a post SARS study of Corona viruses in Chinese bats. They discovered over 300 novel CV, including one that was a very close, if not exact an match for C-19, and this was 3 years ago.

In other words, we have peer reviewed research where scientist observed this virus in the wild. In the rural parts of China where these bats and viruses are common, it's common for people to camp in and explore the caves where these bats live. Additionally, no patient zero's been identified from the Wuhan market.

So let's apply Occam's razor, and attempt to build the simplest model that explains the observed facts.

Rural Chinese farmers go exploring the local Bat Caves, and contract a highly virulent strain of C-19. They travel to Wuhan by vehicle to buy/sell/trade at the Wuhan market. This initial highly virulent strain takes off and starts killing people, giving us the initial very high mortality figures.

Of course, the more virulent the virus the quicker and easier it is to identify in patients for the purposes of quarantining, and the quicker is kills the hosts. As a result the frequency of these more deadly strains declined, and weaker strains became, especially those were health people remain asymptomatic become more common, and continue to spread.

Very early on, two major evolutionary branches of this virus were noted, the very deadly "A Branch" and the less lethal "B Branch". The primary strains in the U.S. are part of the "B Branch". Of course as we continue to identify and isolate the most symptomatic of individuals, and prevent the transmission of the more observably variants, the virus continues to weaken.

Of course our policy decision were driven by the early data comprised mostly of Branch A, and it's this data that fed the early models. Of course no model can be better the the data feeding it, and often the stats guys are missing an important variable. In the trade we call these "confounding variable". Once these variables are discovered, they can dramatically change the output results.

Perhaps you see some parallels with this and the Spanish Flu. The Spanish Flu probably originated in the upper Midwest, perhaps Minnesota. Sources remain divided between a bird or swine origin. The outbreak occurred during wartime, so our government suppressed news of it, permitting it to spread. Once it got into the Army camps the strains most adapted to transmission between the young and health became prominent, and spread like wild fire. It raged through both sides of front, but only made the news once it reaches Spain, which was not under a news blackout, and hence it gained it name the "Spanish Flu", event though it's likely it a "Minnesota Flu".

Part of the high death rate for the Minnesota Flu can be attributed to the "modern treatments" of the time. The recent introduction of Aspirin provided relief for the flu symptoms. This evolved into the medical practice of increasing the aspirin dose until the patient displayed symptoms of aspirin poisoning, exasperating the death toll.

Today, the H1N1 version of the Flu is still with us, but, in general, it's the least deadly but most contagious strains that continue to circulate each year. We've failed to eradicate it. Perhaps this will be the case for C-19.

So, in summary, there are very simple, natural explanations for our observations around C-19. I see no need to invoke grand conspiracies with parties acting against their interests. The Chinese economies suffered greatly even before C-19 made it to the U.S, and killing and shuttering your best and best customer isn't a winning business strategy. Additionally, any layman who's read the new reports of the impact on our military readiness, can easily imagine the impact on Chinese military readiness. Keep in mind, pandemic conditions are sub-optimal for waging war. The Spanish flu played a significant role in ending the WWI, not prolonging it.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Good info. Good to hear the other side. As a note, in the article I read about the team in China working on the virus. They were not working on a weaponized virus, and in was an accidental release from the lab. They had identified patient zero, by name, a researcher at the lab. Sorry for not posting a link. It was off zero hedge about 10 days ago. They tend to have a negative bent, but do have a few good articles. It wasn't a conspiracy theory article, and seemed to make good logical sense without over dramatizing the issue.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Atse,

Zero hedge is no longer a reliable source. They've gone over the edge and are now in Alex Jones territory.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
China.... a non-peer reviewed paper..... likely disinformation.
Disinformation or just plain ignorance. We'll never know.

Just a month ago, the "experts" were saying that coronavirus is slow to mutate.
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/202...ions-mean-hope-for-a-single-vaccine.html

Politics is War by Other Means
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Atse,

Zero hedge is no longer a reliable source. They've gone over the edge and are now in Alex Jones territory.

I would agree on a lot of what they publish. The video/ article that they had up was from epoch times, and the investigative reporter that did the hour long documentary I was referring to was well done. Lots of sources, interviews ect. If you have a chance to watch it, I would be interested in your take.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by dvnv

At what point will you say it is for real? 9M cases, 500K deaths? 90M cases 5M deaths?

I get your arguments, just wondering what has to happen before you change your mind?

LOL.

Grow a set.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by dvnv

You realize none of these numbers are real. Every critical patient in an Icu who dies is being listed as a covid death. I spoke to a buddy who is a critical care doc at a large tertiary referral center and he told me that at least 2/3rds the deaths in their medical center weren't covid related but all were being listed as covid deaths. You know why? Follow the money beetches.

The numbers are all false. There's no good science anymore, just political spin.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Hey boomers, there's nothing complex....you're just killing the country because you're scared.

But keep drinking diet coke and eating tater chips....those are good for ya.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 04/25/20.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by atse
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Atse,

I would agree on a lot of what they publish. The video/ article that they had up was from epoch times, and the investigative reporter that did the hour long documentary I was referring to was well done. Lots of sources, interviews ect. If you have a chance to watch it, I would be interested in your take.

This video?

Lets look at the star sources:

The first is a virologist who's and anti-vaccination activist. crazy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judy_Mikovits

Judy Anne Mikovits is an American anti-vaccination activist and former medical researcher. She has made discredited claims about vaccines, coronavirus, and chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS).[1][2][3]

As research director of a CFS research organization Whittemore Peterson Institute (WPI) from 2006-2011, Mikovits led a research effort that reported in 2009 that a retrovirus known as xenotropic murine leukemia virus-related virus (XMRV) was associated with CFS and may have had a causal role. However, the research came under fire, leading to an eventual retraction on December 22, 2011 by the journal Science.

In October 2011, Mikovits was terminated by the WPI for refusing to turn over a cell line that was delivered to her laboratory by mistake, and subsequently came under investigation for alleged manipulation of data in her publications related to XMRV.[4] On November 18, 2011, Judy Mikovits was arrested in her Ventura County, California home. Her lawyer said she was arrested on charges of theft brought by the WPI, but that the charges had no merit.[5] By November 28, after negotiations with the WPI, 18 missing notebooks were returned.[6] Later, the criminal charges against her were dismissed by the Reno, NV District Attorney's office.

Are you familiar with the origins of the Epoch Times?

As a former Cold War warrior, much of what the video frames in terms of conspiratorial behavior, I see as the typical behavior of Communist Regimes. It's page one of their play book for anything bad, regardless of origin. Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter accusations. The suppression of information doesn't require a special cover up, it's just Commie being Commies.

Another common thread I see in documentaries such as this is a false perception in the competence of bureaucrats. Have you ever worked for the government? Ever been in the Army? Do you remember "Hurry up and wait". In so many of these organizations, especially in communist countries, where knowledge is power and knowledge sharing is discourages, seldom does information flow freely across organizations.

As an example, in the video this discuss the possibility that with 14 cases they were unable to establish a linkage to the Fish Market, and since that was an early criteria for diagnosis *conspiracy*. Or Communist Bureaucrats are working with less than perfect information while trying to conserve resources, and manage a population that doesn't like them.

Now lets talk about the behavior of weapons research labs. In 1991, Saddam Hussein's developed an extensive stockpile of several nasty variants of Anthrax. How many articles about this did they publish in Nature? The answer is ZERO!!! Communist countries don't publish their weapons research in peer reviewed international science journals. So what are the chances the Chinese research featured in the journal articles was intended as weapons research? I think you know the answer.....

Additionally, you have to look at this research in context. Remember SARS, and MARS. The Chinese already had a couple of bad bouts with these Novel Corona viruses, so of course they were doing research on them. Keep in mind, COVID-19 is not the name of the virus, it the name of the disease. The Virus is names SARS-CoV-2, indicating it's relationship to the previous deadly pathogen.

I've watched a good number of video's by current doctors and researchers discussing this research above, and none of them view it through the lenses of the development of a Chinese bio-weapon, but as crucial for developing effective treatments and vaccines for C-19. It was critical in developing hypothesis around the use of Chloroquine (and it's derivatives), remdesivir, and other potential treatments for C-19. Again, not the behavior of a communist regime developing bio weapons.

Again, I look at this through Occam's Razor, which we discussed above, and "Heinlein's Razor", "You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity.", or if you prefer, Hanlon's variant: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity", and there's plenty of stupidity among the Chinese Communist Party.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 04/25/20.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Whoever has done this has to be publicly named and put to justice, the whole world has never been this scared.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 68 invisible), 2,473 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,976
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.