Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Ahhhh...

He's one of THOSE.

LOL

I thought he was from California/Oregon.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I don’t care what any Californian has to say......

A wise man can learn from anyone while a fool learns from no one.

like that

Did you learn that everything I've said was correct?

Or are you still a believer?

u learn from no one

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
deflav_irFubeavarski

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sse
deflav_irFubeavarski

Hey now, leave Beav out of this..... wink

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
That guy is full of schit in his data extrapolation. He needs to be talking about antibody tests not positive tests.

Last edited by heavywalker; 04/25/20.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by heavywalker
That guys is full of schit in his data extrapolation. He needs to be talking about antibody tests not positive tests.

It's my understanding they have just begun antibody testing and the numbers are eye opening ...... as in a lot..... how does that change his stats? antibody would seem to support his data even more

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
They were comparing the data they had. What number of tests from what size audience that shows they have been exposed to the virus. How many deaths to this number. Shows the mortality percent of those exposed. Antibody would only show how many had formed antibodies. You could create a similar percent but the antibody test cost more and not as much in use. They were making interpretations of their data, in their location with the fact they were on the ground handling the real outcome. If their viewpoint and analysis is anywhere close to be the truth it would be supported by the antibody test. To show the number who have formed antibodies from an exposure at some time and the total overall deaths are still low. You also have the ability to apply this same concept to all other countries as what has consistently been measure is a test for exposure to the virus (not do you have COVID 19 the disease as a result.)

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by irfubar
That guys is full of schit in his data extrapolation. He needs to be talking about antibody tests not positive tests.

It's my understanding they have just begun antibody testing and the numbers are eye opening ...... as in a lot..... how does that change his stats? antibody would seem to support his data even more

You'll have to pardon the geriatrics, they are scared of the common cold now.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you need a doctor to explain any aspect of COVID you're not a free thinking person.

What kind of moronic statement is that?

If you listen to any expert in a field to form your opinion, you are not a free thinker?
No, I would say those who refuse to listen to expert opinion in fields they have no training, are not free thinkers.
Did you just look at your reloading equipment and figure it out on your own, or did you ask questions of the experienced?
Forgive us if we are not experts in the fields of bio-chemistry and medicine. You have to know the medical to understand the extent of the political.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff
If you need a doctor to explain any aspect of COVID you're not a free thinking person.

If you listen to any expert in a field to form your opinion, you are not a free thinker?
No, I would say those who refuse to listen to expert opinion in fields they have no training, are not free thinkers.
Did you just look at your reloading equipment and figure it out on your own, or did you ask questions of the experienced?
Forgive us if we are not experts in the fields of bio-chemistry and medicine. You have to know the medical to understand the extent of the political.

Do you believe the "experts" ?

Or maybe you could use your own common sense and critical thinking

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wanted an antibody test, because my wife and I had strong symptoms in March.
So I looked up the test on the CDC.
The swab method for the CV is only valid for the first week or so, then the stuff moves to the lungs, and the swab test is not reliable. (not antibody related, but means tests are not 100% reliable based on infection timeframe)
Antibody test is also unreliable if you had the cv, but not enough time to develop antibodies.
CDC will give you a at home blood kit, and maybe, just maybe they will give you the results months from now. They want 10,000 volunteers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Do I believe which experts? I listen to experts in the field expressing different points of views, then I draw my conclusions. I would have no conclusions to draw without listening to experts in the field.

I guess in your world we would have no need for electricians and car mechanics?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Agree that his data extrapolation is lacking. Who (besides policeman, fireman and medical workers) can get a test in CA if they show no symptoms (hard enough to get tested with symptoms)...not many. So his numbers are nowhere near random nor representative. Surely there are many that have it and don't get tested which favors his argument, but his extrapolations are bs. How did he get through medical school with that kind of logic?

Antibody testing (I believe cheaper and easier than infection testing) could shed some light. I can buy the NY numbers, but the numbers are so low in CA that the error rate in the tests are more of a factor and the testing was not really random. I am rooting for their hypothesis, but haven't seen anything convincing to that end in CA.

Proceed with your denial or doom and gloom. Time will tell which (if either) side is right.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Do I believe which experts? I listen to experts in the field expressing different points of views, then I draw my conclusions. I would have no conclusions to draw without listening to experts in the field.

Well it appears everyone was listening to the WHO, Fauci and Birx echoed the WHO strategy to Trump, he followed it. Unfortunately.

I made my opinions based upon the Diamond princess and the fact China wasn't racking up millions of deaths, they have 1.4 billion people and live in filth not hard to figure out it would spread like wildfire there if what the WHO was saying was true.

I voiced my opinions and even made a prediction here 6 weeks ago and have been more correct than the experts. The so called experts are bureaucrats, never trust a bureaucrat.
Easy peasy if you have some common sense and critical thinking skills.

And no , in my world I have no need for electricians..... on cars more then 25 yrs old also need no mechanics....

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
That guy is full of schit in his data extrapolation. He needs to be talking about antibody tests not positive tests.

Further, they are drawing conclusions based on a random testing model when their tests are anything but. The current tests are symptom driven.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Worldwide deaths as of today due to the "covid" 203,289

Worlwide deaths due to the flu 290,000 to 650,000 per year

World population 7.8 billion

Go figure

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

He is taking data from testing of sick people who fit the Covid symptoms and extrapolating the data over an otherwise health population. He is being intellectually dishonest in his claims. Like I said he is full of schit.

Now the antibody tests bear out some of what he is saying, why not use that data? His claims do more damage than good.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

You'll have to pardon the geriatrics, they are scared of the common cold now.....

That you are mentally challenged is a fact, it’s the broadcasting of it that is a tragedy.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X

Well it appears everyone was listening to the WHO, Fauci and Birx echoed the WHO strategy to Trump, he followed it. Unfortunately.

I made my opinions based upon the Diamond princess and the fact China wasn't racking up millions of deaths, they have 1.4 billion people and live in filth not hard to figure out it would spread like wildfire there if what the WHO was saying was true.

I voiced my opinions and even made a prediction here 6 weeks ago and have been more correct than the experts. The so called experts are bureaucrats, never trust a bureaucrat.
Easy peasy if you have some common sense and critical thinking skills.

And no , in my world I have no need for electricians..... on cars more then 25 yrs old also need no mechanics....

I mentioned the Diamond Princess several times a few weeks back,asking why it was behind ignored as far as I could tell,when it seemed to me to be a great opportunity for study and modeling. Didn't get any answers besides being told I wouldn't care about any of that if and when me and my family members started getting sick. Figured maybe there was a good reason they weren't watching it more closely and using the data gathered from it, as I'm no expert in the matter, but it looks to me as if it would have resulted in more accurate predictions than what we got. Has anyone run the numbers of people on that ship who got the virus, did or didn't have major symptoms and either died or recovered and seen how they stack up to what we are seeing across the country?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 48 invisible), 2,014 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,760
Posts18,495,496
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.