Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
For anyone that has a lot of use and experience with a Browning Maxus, what is your opinion of this gun?

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I've had one for about 3 years. About 1000 rounds through it without a problem. Most were for sporting clays, trap and skeet with friends but I've taken some pheasant, ducks and other small game also. It fits me very well and is very soft on my shoulder. I wasn't sure about the "look" of the gun when I bought it but It grew on me. I love it and would buy another if it came in 28 ga.

Lee F.

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid"

-John Wayne

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have one that I really like. Had it several years with minimal problems (one broken spring in the piston regulator that did not stop the gun, just found it cleaning it)

Mine is 3.5" and it functions with all 1 1/8oz loads and heavier. It has seen several cases of dove loads and an equal amount of 3" and 3.5" steel/hevi-shot. Very dependable, but you do need to keep it clean and keep an eye on carbon build up around the gas ports and mag tube.

I would buy another one if that says anything.

The lion and tiger might be stronger, but the wolf does not perform in the circus.

NRA Life Member
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I have 3... slug, max5, and sporting clay...

I have horrible luck with the duracoat finish on all my brownings, its a known issue.

Performance wise, no issues. Id buy again, but clearly dont need too lol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I borrowed one while my Kolar was in for annual. REALLY liked it! Only put about 3k through it but it ran well, seemed to pattern well, soft shooter and fit me well. I would buy one in a heartbeat.

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Anyone else? I would have thought more people would have experience with the Maxus

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Got 2 of them. A Sporting Clays and a Wicked Wing. Light, easy to take apart, fits me well, kills everything I point it at. Would buy another but my last 5 purchases have been Browning products and I need to diversify a bit!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I think it is my next semi-auto FWIW. I love the way they feel and point. Beautifully made gun.

R
R
I don't have a Maxus but I do have a Cynergy over/under that I duck hunt with and I used a Browning Gold for years which is essentially a Maxus. The Browning Gold after about three years of heavy 3 1/2" duck loads was a single shot so I got rid of it. My semi auto's are Benelli's a Cordoba and a Super Vinchi never had a problem out of either going on about 8 years with the Vinchi. My advice is the Italians do semi autos better. Buy a Beretta A400 or a Bennelli Super Black Eagle and you will spend a little more but you will not regret it.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
I’ve had one for several years. It’s pretty light, easy on your shoulder and shoots where you point it. I have spent quite a bit of time at a pattern board and it has been my experience that most shotguns today shoot high, low, right or left. Or a combination of the two. Maybe they always have, i used to just go hunting without seeing where a new gun shot. The Maxus I have & the one my son had (and wishes he had back) shoot where you point.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by razorwire
I don't have a Maxus but I do have a Cynergy over/under that I duck hunt with and I used a Browning Gold for years which is essentially a Maxus. The Browning Gold after about three years of heavy 3 1/2" duck loads was a single shot so I got rid of it. My semi auto's are Benelli's a Cordoba and a Super Vinchi never had a problem out of either going on about 8 years with the Vinchi. My advice is the Italians do semi autos better. Buy a Beretta A400 or a Bennelli Super Black Eagle and you will spend a little more but you will not regret it.

Browning Gold's and Maxus are different enough that it is a new design. You are comparing apples and oranges almost.

I have a Vinci Super Sport neveran issue but I like the feel of the Maxus better. I have owned 1/2 dozen benellis in the last 20 years. The only Browning semiautomatic I had an issue with was a B2000. I have had issues with Benellis, never with Berettas except a Silver Pigeon.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I own a Maxus, after owning three Golds- still have one of them, a Sporting Clays model. For soft recoil, it is very tough to beat a good gas gun. I also find that the Maxus is much easier to clean, and keep clean, than the Golds are/were. When it comes time to hunt wild, late season pheasants, the 12 ga. 3" Maxus really comes into its own. With the supplied shims, it is easy to get everything to fit and point just right.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I picked one up yesterday in real tree dipped. Looks extremely well made. I just wish it came with more choke tubes , An easier gun to strip is not made.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (007FJ, 1234, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 60 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,418
Posts18,470,528
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.