OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
We appreciate that part but she is not overly favored. Last I saw she was in top 10 for most unapproved governors.

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
don't be a debbie downer

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Not sure I buy those stats.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wait. Everybody didn't die?

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
IC B2

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
i don't care they still threw her a frickin parade

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I'll bet the people in Michigan would have a parade for their governor, but it would involve tar and feathers and a fence rail!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Seems her and Desantis and Kemp are pretty well loved right now.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[sarcasm] This state is SO blue [/sarcasm]

BTW if you look at a population density map we were into social distancing before it became cool. In this county we have had four cases and four recoveries. Three were from outside the area and one caught it from the other three. Noem is a successful rancher which means she's demonstrated that she's a down to earth. practical person.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by nighthawk
[sarcasm] This state is SO blue [/sarcasm]

BTW if you look at a population density map we were into social distancing before it became cool. In this county we have had four cases and four recoveries. Three were from outside the area and one caught it from the other three. Noem is a successful rancher which means she's demonstrated that she's a down to earth. practical person.

Well, that's something,

But our county, in California no less, hasn't had a single case (yet) much less a death.

Not sure about parades, but I went to town and didn't get arrested, not even hassled, for not wearing a mask.

But, that said, I might still like you governor over Gavin boy.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Nighthawk hit it. Noem is well approved by the majority of voters in SD. She has been on top the Corona from day one. She signed open carry right after her inauguration. No one is perfect but she is as close as one can hope for. Especially for a politician. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I love SD.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
until the CV situation she was NOT approved in SD. She paid an out of state firm to come up with the slogan "Meth..we're on it." To deal with SD drug issues. Yeah..a million dollars for that. Then she replaced a couple of cabinet members with her family members.Nepotism? Daughter and son in law. Each had 0 experience. Yet somehow they got a $20k raise immediately. SD passed a tax law to help with money for schools. She broke that law and decided to give 0. The state crushed her for that so then she relented. The people in this state were so disgusted with her they beat her up bad in the press/state etc. And she deserved it. Rumor has it she was so stressed from it she broke out in shingles and disappeared for awhile. She was NOT liked until this pandemic. Fact. She was at an all time low until about March.
by the way...majority of state is NOT in favor of open carry. Our State PD advised against it but she did it anyway. Dont' listen to experts right? She is a farmer with not much knowledge of politics. She rules with what makes her family business successful. Money to farms and bring in as much non res hunters as she can. She has a game farm. So screw the locals...make me money!

Last edited by verg; 04/29/20.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I’d hit it.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I'll bet the people in Michigan would have a parade for their governor, but it would involve tar and feathers and a fence rail!
Jerry

And this is why don't buy polling data. Polls show the Michigan Governor is highly thought of and is popular while the SD is unliked.

I wonder if they are still polling the same people who said Hillary would win in 2016...

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by verg
until the CV situation she was NOT approved in SD. She paid an out of state firm to come up with the slogan "Meth..we're on it." To deal with SD drug issues. Yeah..a million dollars for that. Then she replaced a couple of cabinet members with her family members.Nepotism? Daughter and son in law. Each had 0 experience. Yet somehow they got a $20k raise immediately. SD passed a tax law to help with money for schools. She broke that law and decided to give 0. The state crushed her for that so then she relented. The people in this state were so disgusted with her they beat her up bad in the press/state etc. And she deserved it. Rumor has it she was so stressed from it she broke out in shingles and disappeared for awhile. She was NOT liked until this pandemic. Fact. She was at an all time low until about March.
by the way...majority of state is NOT in favor of open carry. Our State PD advised against it but she did it anyway. Dont' listen to experts right? She is a farmer with not much knowledge of politics. She rules with what makes her family business successful. Money to farms and bring in as much non res hunters as she can. She has a game farm. So screw the locals...make me money!

funny , I never heard any local citizens whining about the issues you bring up

youd think constitutional carry would be popular with a guy that posts to a gun board , but I guess not

the legislature passed constitutional carry 3 times I think before we finally had a good governor that would sign it , I think that does say something about the opinion of the states citizens on that issue

I dont give a dam what the state cops or sheriffs association thinks when it comes to my rights

for your information SD has always had open carry

Last edited by sdgunslinger; 04/30/20.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Personally, I'm a big fan of the Governor, the State of South Dakota and would live there.

Last edited by OSU_Sig; 04/30/20.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
sdgunslinger good post. Verg must be some kind of democrat who voted for the roll around [bleep] she ran against for governor. Never heard of the issues he mentioned either but they smack of Democrat campaign language. The governors office isn't required to hire the opposition to serve as cabinet members. She did select a democrat to be the Lt governor so vegs partisanship claims are bs.SD has any political problems it's due to all the democrat legislators that switched to the Republican party so they could get elected fugging rhinos and fugg the demise. 1 issue that has kept the demmies here out of the governor's office is allways the same,their tax and spend mentality that wants them to install a state income tax.this has been rejected time after time.fugging demmies have 0 credibility and SD voters know it (the majority anyway).

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by verg
until the CV situation she was NOT approved in SD. She paid an out of state firm to come up with the slogan "Meth..we're on it." To deal with SD drug issues. ..majority of state is NOT in favor of open carry. Our State PD advised against it but she did it anyway. ......

But, oddly enough, the majority are apparently in favor of constitutional carry except cops and Argus Leader (Sioux Falls liberal/Democrat rag) . And cops don't like it because it doesn't make their jobs easier. The majority of cops would be happy if only cops had guns.

And as silly as it sounded "Meth. Were on it." brought a lot of attention to the problem. Everybody was talking about it. Except on the rezes where the problem is devastating. Not much the state can do about that.

Republicans control the governorship and the legislature and the majority of local elected offices. The Democrats are working hard to get some political traction. And they're not getting very far.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh, Smithfield announced the closure of the formerly Morrell's pork processing operation "indefinitely" which is code for permanently. Smithfield put money into the plant but at heart it's still an old, old, OLD plant. My long departed grandfather bought product from them for his meat market and also long gone uncles worked there. A new plant somewhere else would be more efficient. As a major employer in the state that definitely got Noem's attention and now the plant will reopen with employee safeguards.

Which explains a lot.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 02bfishn, 1234, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 65 invisible), 2,494 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,573
Posts18,491,943
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.