Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Not a flyfisherman, but I too was wondering about the reference to wade fishing the Yellowstone. Wonder if that would be referring to wade fishing in the park?

Is it even legal for a guide to take clients into ynp?

Guess I am assuming there is a guide in the mix.

Nothing ruins a Flyfishing trip for me quicker than fishing with a guide. Basically all I need to know is where the river is. If there are fish in the water I’ll figure it out.

Good for you. Not everyone is as skilled as you.

And for a guy traveling across the continent to fish, combined with the response about "supposedly going to fish..." I assumed there was a 3rd party involved setting things up.

Why are you so angry? I was just making an off the cuff comment pertaining to myself. Wasn’t demeaning anything you or anyone else said.

I don't read any anger into Tarkio's post. He's just making a point. And, the Yellowstone River IS one of the most dangerous wade fishing rivers in the country. If one wants to wade fish the Yellowstone, one would need to be either a) very, very familiar with it; or, b) have a guide who knows the safe wading spots.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy

...AND... Bozeman is THE epicenter for the Wuhan Red Death in all of Montana - so far 448 cases of the Wuhan Red Death have been confirmed in Montana amongst our population of barely one million people...
VarmintGuy

Yesterday I was talking with one of my friends who lives in Bozeman, and is in the prime covid group: retired, a little over weight, 70+ years old, history of heart and artery problems, and at least weekly talks with his doctors. He said, as of yesterday, Gallatin County (your epicenter) has had 136 confirmed cases of CV-19, with 1 death and 123 recoveries.

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member

L
lawnman Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Guys thx for replying. So to clarify as I might have mislead, don't believe we will be wade fishing the Yellowstone. I think maybe wadeable areas inside the park. Make sense? I do believe we will be fishing the Madison. Like I mentioned never been out there. Yes fishing with a guide btw. I originally planned the trip for myself as a 50th bday present. Then wife and I got to talking and it looked like she would be able to take time off work and come with me. Me fish 2 or 3 days and her sight see and shop local. That's why concern about our plans. But every one right, who knows

A man's got to know his limitations!
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Lawnman: Bring your camera and a wading stick. I drive all the way over to the Madison River (80 miles!) to take the VarmintGrandChildren "rafting/inner tubing" in the Madison - the very long stretch of the Madison we float it is virtually impossible to drown in - even though the river is 200' - 250' across it is only 2' to 3' deep - if you fall out of the tube/raft you just stand up!
In Ennis, Montana (on the Madison River) be sure to eat dinner at the Gravel Bar Restaurant good food and lots of guides hang there in the evenings and you will get some interesting company and maybe some fresh fish "intel".
Again best of luck in your plans.
Enjoy.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Buffybr: So, then you are completely agreeing with me that the "epicenter" of the Wuhan Red Death in Montana IS Bozeman and Gallatin County - as they have 31% of ALL Montana cases of Wuhan Red Death and only 10% of the states population!!!
So there.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ingwe
Lawnman: Not sure if this has been posted but as of NOW (April 29th) if YOU travel to Montana from out of state YOU must remain quarantined in one room or one house for 14 (fourteen!) days! Then you can go out and recreate/travel.
That is by state governmental order!

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

This is true...and posted on the highways.

But as for it being enforced...not so much....or at all....

Just throwing that out there....

Varmintgay never disappoints.

I just read in our local newspaper in the weekly Dispatchers Section that somebody had called in that there was a couple visiting from out of state and they were ignoring the state quarantine laws. I would hope that the local cops didn't act on it!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Not a flyfisherman, but I too was wondering about the reference to wade fishing the Yellowstone. Wonder if that would be referring to wade fishing in the park?

Nothing ruins a Flyfishing trip for me quicker than fishing with a guide. Basically all I need to know is where the river is. If there are fish in the water I’ll figure it out.

Good for you. Not everyone is as skilled as you.

And for a guy traveling across the continent to fish, combined with the response about "supposedly going to fish..." I assumed there was a 3rd party involved setting things up.

Why are you so angry? I was just making an off the cuff comment pertaining to myself. Wasn’t demeaning anything you or anyone else said.

Nothing got into me.

Your comment came across as condescending. If not meant to be, my bad.

Montana MOFO
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

I can see your point. However, if I only have a few days to fish, I don't want to spend much time figuring it out. Frequently, I hire a guide for the first day and go back on my own after that.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Guiding in the Park is legal assuming the outfitter has the correct permits. You might consider making the short trip down to the Henrys Fork if you want a challenge. It might take you a day or two to figure it out.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by ingwe
Lawnman: Not sure if this has been posted but as of NOW (April 29th) if YOU travel to Montana from out of state YOU must remain quarantined in one room or one house for 14 (fourteen!) days! Then you can go out and recreate/travel.
That is by state governmental order!

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

This is true...and posted on the highways.

But as for it being enforced...not so much....or at all....

Just throwing that out there....

Varmintgay never disappoints.

This is true not being enforced at all. I drove to missoula from Kalispell last saturday RV's and vehicles from outa state on the road I seriously doudt they quarantined there 14 days when they got here.

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Thankfully 70 miles....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The quarantine and other shutdowns in MT are a strong suggestion, and not the law. So no enforcement has taken place. Probably not the state to get strong handed about things.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Might be a good time to stay home and see what happens. Bozeman would be the last place I would visit during this mess.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I live in Bozeman. It will be fine in July. Heck, CV19 is no more than a tempest in a tea cup here right now. Bring a mask and you'll be fine anywhere. However, I fear we're losing some of our best restaurants. We lost one of the very best this week.

As to eating, Livingston is the best spot in the entire area. Hopefully 2nd Street Bistro will be up and running soon.

As to the Madison, it will be overrun in July. MT allows Idaho guides to guide here, but Idaho doesn't reciprocate, and the Madison is overrun with ID guides. Regardless, it's a "must fish" for any out-of-stater. But it's crowded.

I applaud your use of a guide. Nothing beats the expertise of a local.

Safe travels.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 11point, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,829 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,385
Posts18,469,617
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.