Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Excerpt from Paul Heil's weekly Gospel Greats Newsletter;

Recently Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) announced that his state is pulling through the virus situation, with many re-openings imminent. He said he could see "God's hand...working through the scientists across this great nation by coming out with fast, innovative drugs that would lead to therapeutic remedies." Gov. Abbott, during an online interview, told Texans that God "never promised us a life free of storms." Instead, God guaranteed "a pathway through those storms... That's what I've seen in my own life, and that's what I'm seeing in Texas." Gov. Abbott reminded his audience that they have "support you can lean on that will always be there for you, and that's Jesus Christ."

Contrast that to the recent comments by New York Governor Andrew Cuomo (D). When asked about the virus situation in his state, he said, "The number is down because we brought the number down. God did not do that. Faith did not do that. Destiny did not do that. A lot of pain and suffering did that." Astonishingly, no one had asked him about God's role in all of this – he just volunteered it. This is the same governor who not long ago wildly cheered the adoption of much more liberal abortion laws in his state.

Cuomo's "we did it, not God" comments remind me of so many who throughout history have egotistically touted themselves as the ultimate power – not God. God doesn't take kindly to that. He said quite clearly, "You shall have no other gods before me" (Exodus 20:3). King Herod accepted praise as a god and "immediately, because Herod did not give praise to God, an angel of the Lord struck him down, and he was eaten by worms and died" (Acts 12:23).

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No surprise there. Our governor is just as bad. Gosh, I’ve got to get out of the north.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I’ve never been a huge fan of Abbot but can’t imagine anyone handling this situation better than he has

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Abbott is a man, Cuomo, not so much.

Politics is War by Other Means
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Apparently NY Gov. Cuomo can do no wrong. No matter what happens, the blame is always elsewhere. For weeks now I have been predicting that the Covid 19 business will get the full blame for NY state being a financial wreck after decades of mismanagement. The state was in financial trouble before the Chinese plague hit and now it's deeper in the hole. But mark my words:........ Covid 19 will get the full blame for all of it. Never let a good crisis go to waste. Meanwhile Cuomo is starring in his own daily TV soap opera as Mr. Superman who came to earth with powers and abilities far beyond those of normal men. The ignorant, poorly educated sheep just eat it up.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Demonrats/Commies/pedos always take credit if something goes well and places blame when they fail.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Any speak Governors elicits this remark from Virginians:

Hold my beer and watch this......

Unfortunately

FJB & FJT
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Cuomo is an incompetent grandstanding fool who instinctively seems to make a lot of dumb decisions.

efw, that quote is spot on. There is no neutrality.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

501 members (219 Wasp, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 160user, 68 invisible), 2,345 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,132
Posts18,502,651
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.