Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TheKid
We just took our masks off for the pic wink.

Is there going to be a king season this year? I miss wrassling those big bastards. Silvers in the salt were always good too. I predict that 4 years from now the salmon returns will be good, due to less lesser 48ers coming to rape and pillage due to the COVID. Good luck.

Well if they shut down, comm season those copper river kings will be hitting the river. Will see on Kenai as well,,

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Very Nice pics guys! Kid very nice family you have! Nice that they like to fish! used to fish with my Dad all the time when I was a kid Too! wish we had that kind of fishing around here!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
T
TheKid Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Drag this one back to the top. The fish have never stopped biting, we’ve just been busy catching them. I’ve cleaned a couple hundred crappie over the past couple weeks, getting a pretty decent stockpile for the coming year of fish frys.

We shifted gears to catfish this weekend since we couldn’t get coordinated enough to make the 60 mile round trip to our crappie pond. The lake where we do %90 of our catfishing is only a couple miles from home so we can go quick and easy.

Last night we caught a bucket of perch and hit the water about dark as it was starting to cool down. Had a surprisingly good bite considering the wind laid to almost nothing as the sun set. Caught a bunch of little guys but my partner was having fun. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Broke my own rules today and put fishing off to do yard work, YUK. But we got done in time to catch a few perch and head for the lake. Stout south wind had them biting out on the flat and we didn’t have to wait long for some action. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

But the real prize was when my little fella reeled in this. An albino blue cat. I have never seen another one in the flesh and thought it was pretty cool. We catch silvercats all the time which are pale colored blues. This guy had blue eyes and transparent skin so you could see his muscles and blood vessels. Aside from that he was a healthy and strong 2lb blue. We took his picture and turned him back. About 3 minutes later we realized we should have put him in a tank and donated him to the aquarium that my boy loves to visit that’s right south of us, oh well. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
UBER !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
And the reason I fish...I just can't get enough of smoked fish,especially Stealhead and Brookies....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Boy that kid sure loves to fish!! Kudo's Dad

Super nice Albino Cat, never heard of or saw anything like that before.

T
TheKid Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Winds been blowing like a hurricane all week so we haven’t been out in the boat crappie fishing. It’s probably about over for the spring around here anyway.
We got on the cats yesterday evening and had a good run. Shad are finally on the bank, great big 8” gizzards, the best catfish bait in these parts.
Big guy is a quick study, he’ll be actually catching bait in that jet before too long. smile
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
He caught a big ol drum, gasper to the folks south and east of us. He was excited about it and we got the stones for momma since she likes them. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Caught a whole bucketful of these little 1 to 3 pound blues. Guess who was up until 1am skinning cats. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
And then, all at once we had drag screaming and a rod doubled over in the holder. Old Dad finally got to catch one as my sidekick was busy gnawing on a slice of cold pizza. He’s a pretty good helper but his photography skills could use a little work. Oh well, we snapped a few pics and sent her back unharmed to do her duty and spawn next month. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Pretty good way to burn a warm spring night. Fish fry tomorrow.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Great Pics Kid! glad you and your Boy are into the Fish, how my Dad and I were! did go out on my small lake yesterday in Kayaks, no fish on beds here yet, only saw one bass! something has been going on in the lake every year for the last 3 years less & less Fish! was sunny High 66 and 6 mhp wind best day of the year so far!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Thanks for the memories, my kids grew up offshore fishing with me. My son is fishing 40 miles offshore of Apalachicola Florida, he said to come on down dad the kingfish are biting and it's going to be calm for a few days.

Life is good live it while you can.
IC B3

T
TheKid Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Thanks for the memories, my kids grew up offshore fishing with me. My son is fishing 40 miles offshore of Apalachicola Florida, he said to come on down dad the kingfish are biting and it's going to be calm for a few days.

I know where I’d be headed if I were in your shoes! My dad started pulling me behind him with us both in float tubes when I was no bigger than my son. I’ve been eat up with fishing since I could walk. Dad doesn’t go much anymore but I just have never got over it. It’s a great way to spend time with family, especially kids.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Good stuff. You guys are killing me.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by JeffA

That really brought a smile to face. He’ll remember that for the rest of his life. The bass was almost as big as him. smile

Last edited by Dryfly24; 05/02/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We got a few, some 'gills pushing a pound.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Awesome!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by broomd
We got a few, some 'gills pushing a pound.

SWEET!! I spy a crappie in the mix... smile

Last edited by Dryfly24; 05/02/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My girlfriend loves to get out and fish...

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yellow perch are spawning around here. Got about 50 pounds this morning a few were a pound or better.

living the good life every day
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
April is about the only time I go to the beach anymore. I guess it'll be May this year...

T
TheKid Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
What kind of fish are those BamaRick?

We’re going to head back down to the point on the lake here after while and see if we can catch a few more catfish this evening and night.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (8MMX57JS, Akhutr, ak_Rick, 9 invisible), 918 guests, and 784 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,101
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.