-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Easy to sit back playing Monday morning QB. But try making a call that you know will be unpopular without the aide of time to consider all possible angles. Trump made that decision an is taking full responsibility for them. Could you see this mess with Hillary or Bernie in charge?

Life member of the "Antler Club Gun Club"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trump was, & too some degree, still is, in a no-win situation.

Either way would surely have severe criticism no matter what he did.

It's way past time to get things back to normal, but the Demons & their allies are doing everything possible to keep the crisis going for as long as possible with the only goal to continue to damage Trump. The half dozen or so Demon run states will maintain their lockdowns for as long as they can.

I think they've over played their hand & people ( at least a fair amount) are wising up to the non-sense.

MM

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
The Democrats plan to drive hysteria with accelerated viral particle testing and to stall, stall, stall. This must be accompanied with quality antibody testing.

The big upside is conservatives are joining together and protesting. When was the last time fiscal conservatives protested. It's unheard of. Liberals are becoming complacent. The battle is in the details. They want to paint us as deplorables, as ignorant, gun crazed, bigots, and Nazis.

Yesterday, Michigan’s Governor Whitmer criticized protesters for being Nazis because they displayed swastikas. When in fact the swastikas were applied to images of Whitmer, suggesting that she is a Nazi.

We're simply Americans who what some semblance of control our own destinies.

There's so much going on.

Bezos is a huge winner in all of this. Apple is heavily dependent on Chinese manufacturing. Our domestic energy industry is crippled without greatly accelerated global demand.

It could all backfire. Let’s hope a significant segment of the American public figure out what’s going on.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 280shooter
I did argue against the shutdown. I was called selfish, a denier and told that I didn't care if old people died. That money was more important to me than people's lives. My businesses are doing fine. I worried about other businesses and lives. Why should they have to forfeit their years of hard work in order to someone who has made a lifetime of poor choices (smoking,over eating, not exercising) a false sense of safety? Shutting the economy down was unnecessary. Isolate those at risk. Take precautions. Seems fairly simple.
Ditto...

People have a brain - they can either stay home or go to work.... But the liberals seized upon this outbreak as THE GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY to show us all how far they can go or do to cow the people...

EFF that... I carry a copy of the Constitution in my truck.. Any cop that stops me will be getting a lecture on its content and especially the Bill of Rights..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Kenneth
The decisions made in this issue will be debated for decades,

it's all in hindsight, and the saying is hindsight is 20/20.

Yes, hind-sight is 20/20 and historians have the luxury of debating and analyzing any situation ad-nauseam. I'm sure many are collecting facts and references for future books.

But, decision-makers need to make decisions in real-time. Facts and reputable authorities need to be listened to and heeded.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Does anyone believe that we would have gone headlong into a shutdown as we did if the economy was rolling along as it was under a D Pres (which I know it wouldn’t have been, but still the hypothetical question remains)?

If Hil had won in ‘16 we’d have gone headlong over the precipice so she’d have something to blame her horrible economy on.

With Pres Trumps re-election in the bag due to his stellar economic record the Dems & media didn’t have to think twice about their jump from high-dive.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by irfubar

My foresight was as good as my hindsight..... I posted here a prediction in the beginning of the "covid" scare and I was correct........ you?

You got a link to this “prediction”. Maybe you could make it your sig line. Just don’t try to edit your user profile w/o first saving your avatar image locally. The system will delete it and you will have to upload it again from scratch...

I'll jump in.
I remember ifubar say as much and I was/am in the same camp. Doesn't matter if the bug is twice as bad as they claim, you don't shut the economy down. Depressions last longer than pandemics and more lasting consequences. It'll take years for us to recover from this mess.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I believe this shutdown thing will never happen again. It was a no-win for Trump, but at least he can say "I took the advice of the experts", despite his own statements to the contrary about the severity of the flu, and need for a shutdown, which indeed proved deleterious..

"I was against it before I was for it"..... so to speak.

We know how the lcommie propoganda wing will play it, tho, don't we?

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Wow. It always amazes me how the people with no information or data can always be right. Kinda like the global warming crap. The only way most of you would know anything about a virus is if it actually did bite you in the ass. Carry on. Ed k

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Trump all but admitted that the China virus was a hoax. And then for some unknown reason he signed on to shutting the US of A down. It was either for money, votes or both. But either way Trump sold US out. Our restaurant is still shut down, and I know no one that has died from the China flu. It's all been BS from the start and the worst part is President Trump knew this all along. Trump's the man because we have no other choice.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm sure many are collecting facts and references for future books.

The world health organization has a library for you grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
For Kingston....

Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
So as of today we have 19624 confirmed cases in the U.S. and 260 people have died.... for this we have collapsed our economy

Your comment is non-sensical. For your comment to have validity we'd take the final numbers for cases and fatalities and plug them into that sentence. Then let's estimate the number of cases we prevented and the number of deaths we prevented and ask ourselves if the measures that proved harmful to our economy were worth it.

When were you tested for COVID?

I understand your point... I will go out on a limb and make a prediction, this will turn out to be a nothing burger in the end, as far as death toll

Notice the date of this post.....3/21/20..... it is now 4/26/

EXPONENTIAL lmao

3/26/2020 COVID-19 Deaths= 260

4/04/2020 COVID-19 Deaths= 69,008 (32,760 of them have been in NY and NJ)

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by heavywalker

Except anyone with a brain could see what was going to happen.

Indeed, anyone with a brain could see that Trump would be easily re-elected if we didn't do the shutdown. How could it be made more simple?

Inside the park home run from a dribbler.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by kingston
For Kingston....

Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
So as of today we have 19624 confirmed cases in the U.S. and 260 people have died.... for this we have collapsed our economy

Your comment is non-sensical. For your comment to have validity we'd take the final numbers for cases and fatalities and plug them into that sentence. Then let's estimate the number of cases we prevented and the number of deaths we prevented and ask ourselves if the measures that proved harmful to our economy were worth it.

When were you tested for COVID?

I understand your point... I will go out on a limb and make a prediction, this will turn out to be a nothing burger in the end, as far as death toll

Notice the date of this post.....3/21/20..... it is now 4/26/

EXPONENTIAL lmao

3/26/2020 COVID-19 Deaths= 260

4/04/2020 COVID-19 Deaths= 69,008 (32,760 of them have been in NY and NJ)

IF you trust the numbers are actually all covid. And even if you trust that they are (which I certainly don’t), compare that to the population and see what you come with for a percentage.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
It's called the fog of war.

You are forced to make decisions without all the information. You do your best.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by heavywalker

Except anyone with a brain could see what was going to happen.

Indeed, anyone with a brain could see that Trump would be easily re-elected if we didn't do the shutdown. How could it be made more simple?

Inside the park home run from a dribbler.

You talking about me or him?

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ERK
Wow. It always amazes me how the people with no information or data can always be right. Kinda like the global warming crap. The only way most of you would know anything about a virus is if it actually did bite you in the ass. Carry on. Ed k

No schidt!

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

IF you trust the numbers are actually all covid. And even if you trust that they are (which I certainly don’t), compare that to the population and see what you come with for a percentage.

Auditing the numbers against historical averages should give some insight into how accurate they are.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Because its easier to ask forgiveness than permission?

I am MAGA.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (2500HD, 1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 204guy, 74 invisible), 2,357 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,685
Posts18,493,969
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.