-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm starting to miss the presidents daily briefings. We watched everyone in it's entirety.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We watched everyone in it's entirety.

That's how people go straight to the top

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by ingwe
Looking at the CDC figures on Covid-19 deaths ( not the "presumptive ones....the REAL ones) as of 4/25/20 I crunched the numbers and you have a .0011% chance of dying from Covid alone. As I pointed out elsewhere, you are almost as likely to be killed by a flamingo.

Do you have a link to those numbers?

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/covid-19.htm

This has links to all the tabulated CDC dat.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Looking at the CDC figures on Covid-19 deaths ( not the "presumptive ones....the REAL ones) as of 4/25/20 I crunched the numbers and you have a .0011% chance of dying from Covid alone. As I pointed out elsewhere, you are almost as likely to be killed by a flamingo.

I suspect Poobah forgot to move his decimal when he converted to a percentage. Here in CO our confirmed deaths as a percentage of population is 0.015%.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by heavywalker
As I understand it, people who have COVID-19 and are asymptomatic can still spread it.

No $hit how do you suppose 373 people caught it?

The point being that quarantining anyone who tests positive, even if they are asymptomatic, might limit the further spread.

I think that we should go for herd immunity and accept 1,000,000 deaths, but I'm indifferent to human death as long as it doesn't impact me or my family.

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by irfubar
But we were told more testing is the answer? like it could prevent death.....

So these meat processing plants start testing, find hundreds of positives and close the plant..... yet they are asymptomatic.....

So let see.... the people claiming more testing is the answer are the same ones that want to keep things shut down.... hmmmmm

What do our resident chicken littles have to say? hahahahhahahaha

Not all strains of C-19 are equal.

Sounds like the workers in that plant have the one we should be using to establish herd immunity.

Not all strains are equal?

Not even close.

There was an interesting study out of China. They identified 30 strains and the most virulent were 270 times more deadly than the least deadly of the 30 they identified.

Yes C-19 is real, and some strains will kill you dead quickly, but not all of them. The dominant strain here in Colorado is rather unpleasant, unlike the one in the story above which sounds relatively benign.

Until testing includes the viral load factor of the offending strain, we don't have the kind of testing necessary to make informed decisions.

With all due respect that sounds like total bullschit.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Covid deaths in the US are 38,576

Fox news reports 68,326.

But then, to be truthful, I believe any of these numbers about as much as the Chinese #s.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I suspect Poobah forgot to move his decimal when he converted to a percentage. Here in CO our confirmed deaths as a percentage of population is 0.015%.

0.0011% is a small number, 3,630 of the entire 330,000,000 American population, assuming that 0.000011 is the same as 0.0011%.

I'm good with a fatality rate of 0.3%.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kingston
What prompted the testing at this facility?

My understanding is an attempt to start testing "front-line" workers, this facility acquired the test and everyone did it.

Reporting from "The Hill" says 90% where asymptomatic, sounds like there were a few symptomatic cases.

https://thehill.com/changing-americ...rocessing-plant-in-missouri-confirms-373

In a video released by Triumph Foods, CEO Mark Campbell said that as of 5:53 pm on May 3, 17 percent of the tested staff tested positive. More than 90 percent of samples of the positive test results were collected from asymptomatic patients.

Toward the end of April, the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) partnered with the City of St. Joseph Health Department, Northwest Health Services and Mosaic Life Care to offer COVID-19 testing to employees at the Triumph Foods plant in St. Joseph.

By April 30, at least 1,500 employees at the meat processing plant were tested. In an updated press release from the DHSS, more than 2,300 employees were tested by May 1.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
as it doesn't impact me or my family.

Howard Hughes pulled it off, so can you. grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston

Not all strains of C-19 are equal.

Sounds like the workers in that plant have the one we should be using to establish herd immunity.

Source?

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.14.20060160v1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WYcoyote

Fox news reports 68,326.

But then, to be truthful, I believe any of these numbers about as much as the Chinese #s.

The CDC says 38k...... seems everyone is playing loose with the numbers

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

Last edited by irfubar; 05/04/20.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Fox news reports 68,326.

So were the Chinese numbers high, or low?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Fox news reports 68,326.

So were the Chinese numbers high, or low?

If it wasn't a million plus it means nothing..... wink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Fox news reports 68,326.

Note: Provisional death counts are based on death certificate data received and coded by the National Center for Health Statistics as of May 4, 2020. Death counts are delayed and may differ from other published sources (see Technical Notes).

NOTE: Number of deaths reported in this table are the total number of deaths received and coded as of the date of analysis and do not represent all deaths that occurred in that period. The United States population, based on 2018 postcensal estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau, is 327,167,434.

*Data during this period are incomplete because of the lag in time between when the death occurred and when the death certificate is completed, submitted to NCHS and processed for reporting purposes. This delay can range from 1 week to 8 weeks or more, depending on the jurisdiction, age, and cause of death.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Fox news reports 68,326.

Do you know how to read footnotes?

NOTE: Number of deaths reported in this table are the total number of deaths received and coded as of the date of analysis and do not represent all deaths that occurred in that period. The United States population, based on 2018 postcensal estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau, is 327,167,434.

*Data during this period are incomplete because of the lag in time between when the death occurred and when the death certificate is completed, submitted to NCHS and processed for reporting purposes. This delay can range from 1 week to 8 weeks or more, depending on the jurisdiction, age, and cause of death.

1Deaths with confirmed or presumed COVID-19, coded to ICD–10 code U07.1

2Percent of expected deaths is the number of deaths for all causes for this week in 2020 compared to the average number across the same week in 2017–2019. Previous analyses of 2015–2016 provisional data completeness have found that completeness is lower in the first few weeks following the date of death (<25%), and then increases over time such that data are generally at least 75% complete within 8 weeks of when the death occurred (8).

3Pneumonia death counts exclude pneumonia deaths involving influenza.

4Influenza death counts include deaths with pneumonia or COVID-19 also listed as a cause of death.

5Deaths with confirmed or presumed COVID-19, pneumonia, or influenza, coded to ICD–10 codes U07.1 or J09–J18.9.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If the death toll in China with 1.4 billion people didn't hit a million plus is all you need to know..... they live in filth with extreme population density, the perfect breeding ground for a deadly pandemic.
Maybe "covid" isn't so deadly?
Maybe the panic over "covid" is deadly?
Maybe the panic was created by people with agendas?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Fox news reports 68,326.

Do you know how to read footnotes?

1Deaths with confirmed or presumed COVID-19, coded to ICD–10 code U07.1

2Percent of expected deaths is the number of deaths for all causes for this week in 2020 compared to the average number across the same week in 2017–2019. Previous analyses of 2015–2016 provisional data completeness have found that completeness is lower in the first few weeks following the date of death (<25%), and then increases over time such that data are generally at least 75% complete within 8 weeks of when the death occurred (8).

3Pneumonia death counts exclude pneumonia deaths involving influenza.

4Influenza death counts include deaths with pneumonia or COVID-19 also listed as a cause of death.

5Deaths with confirmed or presumed COVID-19, pneumonia, or influenza, coded to ICD–10 codes U07.1 or J09–J18.9.

I don't need no stinkin footnotes from Academic bureaucrats...... ymmv
The numbers are phony , that's the point

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I would have expected the CDC numbers to be higher than actual, since they relaxed their usual standards for cause of death diagnoses.

CDC basically told physicians that they can code COVID-19 is they think that it was a factor, regardless of an actual positive test or consideration of any underlying previously diagnosed health conditions. As long as healthcare organizations are getting a higher rate of reimbursement for a COVID-19 diagnosis, they will code the highest paying diagnosis.

When I worked for a large healthcare provider, we had algorithms tailored for each insurance carrier that allowed us to maximize the reimbursement opportunities. That was 30 years ago, so I'm sure that healthcare providers have much more sophisticated systems now.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (10gaugemag, 338Rules, 300_savage, 11 invisible), 17,009 guests, and 869 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,880
Posts18,538,179
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.