Online Sad
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Originally Posted by irfubar
Covid deaths in the US are 38,576

Fox news reports 68,326.

But then, to be truthful, I believe any of these numbers about as much as the Chinese #s.

So were the Chinese numbers high, or low?

I would think they wouldn't inflate the #s to make them look bad on the world stage.
My guess is they are low. Way low.

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
If the death toll in China with 1.4 billion people didn't hit a million plus is all you need to know..... they live in filth with extreme population density, the perfect breeding ground for a deadly pandemic.
Maybe "covid" isn't so deadly?
Maybe the panic over "covid" is deadly?
Maybe the panic was created by people with agendas?

odds of containing covid in China given its rate of spread here and everywhere else in the world is unlikely, given that they had no idea what hey were dealing with and lockdown measures could have been months behind.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Fox news reports 68,326.

But then, to be truthful, I believe any of these numbers about as much as the Chinese #s.

The CDC says 38k...... seems everyone is playing loose with the numbers

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

It's interesting, compare the 38K with 21,455 which is the difference between total deaths YTD (79,761) less the threshold for excess deaths (58,306).

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston

Fox news reports 68,326.

It's interesting, compare the 38K with 21,455 which is the difference between total deaths YTD (79,761) less the threshold for excess deaths (58,306).

The key phrase in that chart is "predicted deaths"

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We need to try and be patient, as hard as it is. Trump is walking a fine line between getting schit going again, dealing with the inevitable Democrat blame for every death that occurs from any cause, stupid attacks from the media and the political posturing of every governor. It'll happen soon but it needs to be a managed process. As far as I can tell, he's doing about the best he can at this point in the process.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
As I understand it, people who have COVID-19 and are asymptomatic can still spread it.

If they have it. I would question the validity of the tests in the above case, and in all cases. We know China sent us a bunch of faulty test kits.

Not to mention that asymptomatic people can still work. How much chance they have of passing it to others in the products they handle is likely small to non-existant, but I don't know that for sure. There are likely ways to test/alleviate this aspect also.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If the death toll in China with 1.4 billion people didn't hit a million plus is all you need to know..... they live in filth with extreme population density, the perfect breeding ground for a deadly pandemic.

I don't need no stinkin footnotes from Academic bureaucrats...... ymmv
The numbers are phony , that's the point

So, China's numbers are more reliable than the CDC's?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I don't think that COVID-19 will turn out to be that deadly, but it seems odd that it hasn't killed more Chinese, considering their population density.

I think that at least 99.7% of us will live through it, but our standard of living might take a generation to recover.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
We need to try and be patient, as hard as it is. Trump is walking a fine line between getting schit going again, dealing with the inevitable Democrat blame for every death that occurs from any cause, stupid attacks from the media and the political posturing of every governor. It'll happen soon but it needs to be a managed process. As far as I can tell, he's doing about the best he can at this point in the process.

The problem with being patient is as time goes on the economic destruction gets very real.

We have better data on this and they have not changed the narrative..... hmmm maybe there is an agenda at play here?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I think that at least 99.7% of us will live through it, but our standard of living might take a generation to recover.

The lasting legacy of the boomers hopefully. Save us, phuuck you.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I don't need no stinkin footnotes from Academic bureaucrats...... ymmv
The numbers are phony , that's the point

So, China's numbers are more reliable than the CDC's?

Kingston, you need to apply some common sense and figure these things out for yourself..... people with agendas are playing with all the numbers

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Fox news reports 68,326.

You might want to look at that chart a bit more closely. That 21K difference (79k -58K) is for just one week.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I don't think that COVID-19 will turn out to be that deadly, but it seems odd that it hasn't killed more Chinese, considering their population density.

Agreed, the question is was it necessary to shut the economy down? or did that serve certain peoples agendas?

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H

Patience? While the world economy implodes? WTF is wrong with people. If this continues it won't matter who is the POTUS, Trump, Biden, Jesus, or Flave, the economy is going to be reminiscent of the Great Depression or worse. If you are telling me we should play political games and ruin our economy so that Trump has a better chance at re-election I don't know what to say to that line of thinking.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The problem with being patient is as time goes on the economic destruction gets very real.

We have better data on this and they have not changed the narrative..... hmmm maybe there is an agenda at play here?

I'm quite confident that Trump knows the longer we go the worse things get and he is going as fast as he thinks is possible all things considered.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is everybody in Italy dead?
Don't hear much on the news about them lately

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The key phrase in that chart is "predicted deaths"

Correct, the number of deaths expected YTD based on previous years VS. the number of deaths this year (w/COVID-19 contributing)

There are only 21.5K more deaths than would be anticipated. Some of this is due to people not dying in car crashes, etc due to decreased/altered activity patterns.

I'm not sure if reporting delays are factored in or not, but this 21.5K comes from the same data set that your 38K comes from, so comparing the two is perfectly reasonable as they'd both be skewed by the same delays in reporting, no.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Is everybody in Italy dead?
Don't hear much on the news about them lately

Sweden? They must have got the non-deadly strain there too.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

You might want to look at that chart a bit more closely. That 21K difference (79k -58K) is for just one week.

Oh fück..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm quite confident that Trump knows the longer we go the worse things get and he is going as fast as he thinks is possible all things considered.

The only thing that makes sense regarding Trumps response in light of better info is he has a grand plan to use the emergency powers he currently has to do some lasting good for our country...
If that isn't the case we are screwed

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

146 members (300_savage, 1_deuce, 308xray, 673, 2500HD, 01Foreman400, 14 invisible), 1,225 guests, and 955 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,086
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.