Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Tyrone
If you don't get attached to a rifle, you don't have any good rifles.

I'll second this! smile

I grow attached to the ones that work the best for me!

HR IC

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I washed dishes in a cafe all summer to get enough money for a 30-30 Marlin , gun case, cleaning kit, and 4 boxes of Federal cartridges. My Mom drove me to Gibson's to purchase it since I was to young to drive. That Fall 9th grade I had knee surgery (Jr High Football) and shot my first deer (buck) while still on crutches (Dad was gun bearer). A couple of years later Dad got his first buck with that rifle. To many memories to let that one go.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I get real attached to anything that kills deer or makes me money.

In 2004 I became afflicted with a rare movement disorder. It involved and still involves severe mussel cramps and spasms in my neck and shoulder mussels. For over 3 months I lay on my back writhing in pain. No one could diagnose it. Finally, after 3 months I began taking treatments. It took another six months for the treatments to began to work.

I was in so much pain, I thought my life was over. Because of the spasms, I could not lift up my head to walk, drive, work, and definitely...could not look through a scope. When one is in pain, they make poor decisions.

I gave my two boys their inheritance early. I split up my first shotguns and my first rifles between them. Those firearms were a gift from my Father between the ages of 12 and 16 - given to me in the 70s. They were classics.

My wife told me to slow down and give the treatments some time. I did not listen. I sold every firearm I owned except two that my Father had bought after he returned from Korea.

I now regret selling ALL of those firearms. They just don't make them that way anymore.

After two years, I finally got some relief. I have been getting deep muscle injections every 13 weeks for 16 years now. Out of those 13 weeks, I have three or four good weeks that I am functional. I endeavor to make the most of those weeks. Any day not on your back is a good day!

I bought a Rem SPS Stainless in 30-06 in 2006. There is nothing special about it...other than it will shoot anything I feed it...an shoots it well. And, I have killed a truck load of deer and hogs with it!

A 223 is about all the recoil I can handle these days. I am working with a 223 SPS Tactical. Great Shooter! I plan to hunt with it this year...but...the plain Jane 06...is not going anywhere!

I underwent three major brain surgeries last year. I told my wife that I had made arrangements with a friend to sell all of my hunting/shooting stuff if the worst should occur. She was free to marry with my blessing. Whomever she married could have anything that was mine...with one exception...he was never to touch my 3006!!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (1badf350, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 2,321 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,703
Posts18,494,295
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.