Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
We don't need the junk they make. Even if its our companies have things made over there. There's just about always an option to buy it home made, and if there isn't we probably didn't need it anyways. Seriously their gov't needs to be spanked and spanked hard and "we" can do it. Companies will eventually get it and move factories somewhere else. That's all I got.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
I’m all for boycotting China but I’m typing this from an iPhone made in China while watching a tv made in China.

Manufacturing needs to come back. Say what you want about millennials...but they didn’t create our made in China world. Us cheap bastards did in the 70s and 80s

GOD Bless America
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Yup, the race to the bottom started decades ago and kicked in to full gear with global trade in the 90s. Don't have anything against global trade, just the Chinese govt.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
We can’t just “buy american” anymore. Hell half ton gm trucks are made in Mexico and dodge is owned by fiat.

We could come a long damn way though by buying American when we possible and buying from allies when it’s not possible. F:;K China

GOD Bless America
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Quak
I’m all for boycotting China but I’m typing this from an iPhone made in China while watching a tv made in China.

Manufacturing needs to come back. Say what you want about millennials...but they didn’t create our made in China world. Us cheap bastards did in the 70s and 80s

Winner Winner

Dave

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Wonder why all that manufacturing left the USA.

NRA Patron
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by dale06

When the bean counters started to run things. If something could be produced for one cent less in China, production went to China, no thought went into the real costs, lost industries, jobs, whole towns dying. The bean counters got promoted, and received big bonuses, and it got worse and worse. The Chinese were selling liner board on the West Coast cheaper than American mills could make it. The box manufacturers bought Chinese and American mills shut down.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salty303
Yup, the race to the bottom started decades ago and kicked in to full gear with global trade in the 90s. Don't have anything against global trade, just the Chinese govt.

Originally Posted by Quak
We can’t just “buy american” anymore. Hell half ton gm trucks are made in Mexico and dodge is owned by fiat.

We could come a long damn way though by buying American when we possible and buying from allies when it’s not possible. F:;K China

Those 2 quotes sum it up.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Borchardt

When the bean counters started to run things. If something could be produced for one cent less in China, production went to China, no thought went into the real costs, lost industries, jobs, whole towns dying. The bean counters got promoted, and received big bonuses, and it got worse and worse. The Chinese were selling liner board on the West Coast cheaper than American mills could make it. The box manufacturers bought Chinese and American mills shut down.

Those bean counters had a name, ... McKinsey and company, global management consulting

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Pretty hard to beat China when we are educating all their best minds. China has invested huge sums in many colleges, which means Chinese scholars get to go to these colleges. One example is Li's daughter who went to Harvard. China gave Harvard over $93 million dollars. They are investing (much like the Muslims) in many colleges across the US. It's totally ridiculous.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Salty303: I have been doing so since about 1975. But I indeed do need to intensify my efforts to completely "boycott the chi-coms and their Wuhan Red Death enabling business's".
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Borchardt

It wasn’t just one cent less.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The bean counters were reacting to two situations- - - - -exorbitant federal, state, and local taxation of the companies they worked for, and extortion by unions at the bargaining table. Would Ford, GM, and Chrysler have gone out of country with production lines if the United Outta Workers hadn't strangled the goose that laid the golden eggs almost to death?
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
We don't need the junk they make. Even if its our companies have things made over there. There's just about always an option to buy it home made, and if there isn't we probably didn't need it anyways. Seriously their gov't needs to be spanked and spanked hard and "we" can do it. Companies will eventually get it and move factories somewhere else. That's all I got.

Your delusions are so quaint.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
We can't compete with China because of the EPA, OSHA and the unions. Bush, Clinton, Bush, and Obama sucked the global warming bs hook line and sinker and sold US out.

Life is good live it while you can.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
The bean counters were reacting to two situations- - - - -exorbitant federal, state, and local taxation of the companies they worked for, and extortion by unions at the bargaining table. Would Ford, GM, and Chrysler have gone out of country with production lines if the United Outta Workers hadn't strangled the goose that laid the golden eggs almost to death?
Jerry

Not really disagreeing, as I know nothing about the union situatuon in the rust belt, but imo it wasn't just the union issue with labor. In my area pre-NAFTA, there were all kinds of little factories, mainly churning out denim jeans, shirts, coats, sports uniforms, underwear, etc. As soon as NAFTA was signed, every single one of those factories locked the doors and fled to Mexico. They may have been lying but they blamed labor costs on the way out of town, basically flipping the bird to their former American workers.

IMO rural America has never recovered from NAFTA. Small towns depended on those jobs. Nothing has ever replaced them and these towns have never recovered, in 35 years. China is a problem but Mexico isn't far behind.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Your delusions are so quaint.

No delusions just not into buying Chinese junk. If many do the same they will notice.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
We can't compete with China because of the EPA, OSHA and the unions. Bush, Clinton, Bush, and Obama sucked the global warming bs hook line and sinker and sold US out.

Government regulation, liability litigation, the US welfare situation, and many other things make it impossible to compete with production costs in third world countries that don't impose the same requirements. It is actually cheaper to produce things in third world countries and ship them to the US and Europe. This is not by accident. This is by design. The players mentioned above are all globalists and advocate the elimination of populism. I think it was Nixon who opened up relations with China. Carter gave away the Panama Canal. Clinton got NAFTA approved. Anyone with a little common sense could see these things were not beneficial to the US.
Bringing production back to the US makes sense so we can assure adequate supplies in times of crisis. The cost of those products will increase significantly unless we roll back the things that pushed production overseas in the first place.

Last edited by 45_100; 05/05/20.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Fugg that, I need some casters and chit. But, I am proud to say I just purchased a Made In USA 14" Flying pan. But I used a $10 vanity light fixture from THERE. But but but I got an air compressor kinda partially US Made, enough to have stickers and chit........ Saving up for a new cutting board.....
Ohh, I got an 240V hour meter for $9 and it ain't domestic! To balance that out I got a US Made belt..... Damnit, that flat washer assortment for $4, yep.....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Y’all can start by throwing your cancer causing zantac in the trash that the chinese intentionally tainted

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

108 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 2500HD, 35, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, 15 invisible), 1,625 guests, and 945 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,946
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.