Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Petzl for me. I have one since 2006 with a blue/green flip down filter and a new one that has 3 colors and 3 light intensity levels. New one was spendy. If it lasts like the other one, it will be $5 a year.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I am a Petzl fan for more than 30 years. Go to their website and see the variety they offer, it is amazing. They have been considered the standard of the industry worldwide for many years.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I’ve had the surefire minimus for the past five seasons. It works flawless, stays where-put, and uses the same batteries as all of my other flashlights. I’d buy another without thought if I lost this one.

Last edited by whitebread; 05/02/20.
E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Nitecore

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Fenix

IC B2

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Have Petzels, BDs, and Zebralight. Zebralight is my favorite of the bunch.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I use a Zebralight H600w 11 with several Eagletac 18650 batteries at work every day. I have no complaints after many years of service.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like Zebralight for headlamp.

I have a Fenix flashlight that is also superb so far.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Petzl. Used them for (many) years and never had a problem. Once I crashed the battery lid and got a free replacement.

Every now and then I have been tempted by some modern develoments that offer mega lumens but they either failed or I did not like their ergonomics, or setting them up at the different illumintation levels was too complicated, or... The thing is that I always went back to Petzl.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Petzl.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Petzl and Zebralight are my favourites.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
This is a topic I am quite passionate about because I use a headlamp nearly every day......or night as the case may be. It is not just a brand but a model.
The Princeton Tec APEX is by far the best headlamp I have ever had, in fact I have 2 of them. One uses 4 AA batteries and the other has a rechargeable Lithium battery. The 4 AA model will last a couple of weeks using it a couple hours a night on lower light settings but does not really like the very brightest setting for very long. the Lithium model is awesome, never actually have run it to where it went dark. Have owned the 4 AA model for 10 years and the Lithium model for 5 years with zero issues. I could not recommend more highly.
Right now you might think I'm a Princeton Tec honk.....wrong, I also have a model called the Vizz. I go for an early hike and this thing is dead before the sun comes up.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
We frequently have to walk out in the dark during our big game hunts. I used Petzels for years. A friend was using a light that lasted longer and was a great deal brighter. It is a Fenix. After mine went dim and his kept going I went out this year and got one.

Bought the Fenix HL60R. Built in rechargable battery, five intensity settings plus red light and strobe. Charge lasts a long time. I use it frequently for work around the house too. My old eyes don't see stuff in dim light like they used to and this light is very useful.

https://www.fenixlighting.com/product/fenix-hl60r-rechargeable-headlamp/

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I have used Petzl as they are lightweight and reliable . Also I started using Armytek headlamps as they use the cr123a batteries or rechargeable if you have any and they do have a lot more power that helps sometimes. They are really nicely made and I have used for a few years and didn’t give any issue s.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman
Nitecore

I wondered if someone else would mention Nitecore.
Great if one has access to power at some point.

I bought this one last year and it's pretty slick.

https://www.nitecorestore.com/NITEC...hargeable-Headlamp-p/fl-nite-nu32-bk.htm

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Another vote for Petzl. Just for every day around the house chores a white light only Penzl has been fine. I've probably watched too many CSI shows where they needed a blue light to spot blood, so a couple years back I bought that same Penzl that WAM did with the white, blue, green, red, strobe, high low intensity and haven't used any of that. Talk about over kill. Actually for walking in the dark I like my small green LED hand held better. Deer have spotted me and blown when I used a white light, so while that head light is in my pack, that hand held is my go to in my pocket.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Have used Petzl's for 20+ years, excellent product. More recently Black Diamond, so far I would say they have been excellent. Last year bought a couple of Nitecore rechargeable NU25's for use this past winter in the early morning and/or evening outside around my place. Used them for about an hour each day, usually 4-5 days a week. The rechargeable function is real handy, end of the day plug them in. They worked great, only one season but I'm impressed.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Windfall
Actually for walking in the dark I like my small green LED hand held better.

What make?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I’ve had a browning with hi/Lo/red/blue for about 10 years that is great. Uses a single cr123

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by Windfall
Actually for walking in the dark I like my small green LED hand held better.

What make?

I just checked it and all it says is “LED-Lite”. It uses 3 AA batteries, is 7” long, has 4 led’s and you turn it on and off by rotating the head. I bought it years ago when led’s first hit the market and was from an ad on TV. Genuine plastic and about $30.00 back then. I don’t keep it on all the time, just intermittently as needed. Not a lot of light, but enough for picking my way and animals don’t seem to notice the green light held lower to the ground than a headlight.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (160user, 17CalFan, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 61 invisible), 2,340 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,770
Posts18,476,810
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.