Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Tarquin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Professor Michael Leavitt.....2013 Nobel Prize winner (Stanford University). Lockdown is a huge mistake...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl-sZdfLcEk

Tarquin

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Face masks and eliminate the use of cash? Plus tracking, China's government knows what their people are doing, where they are and where they have been.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So. If you expand on this guy's theory the government should promote the spread of the disease - you arrive at herd immunity more quickly that way/ Of course many more people die more quickly that way but you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs. After all, the health of a nation's economy is more important than the health of the people. People are gonna die anyway. And the faster old people die the faster they reduce the burden on the economy, they are non-productive anyway (Stalin thought that way). I think he got his theory out of Mao's little red book.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Kill the old people. A Dumbocrat idea. If you can’t work, you gotta go!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hanco
Kill the old people. A Dumbocrat idea. If you can’t work, you gotta go!

but you'll still be able to vote .

.... like tears in the rain
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Didn't watch the video. But should the lives, movement, and financial life of the whole nation be compromised to the extent it is even we knew for certain this would kill 1% of the population? The 1% that for the most part are not contributing anything to society except over consuming medical care and social programs already? Even most senior citizens will survive and I already know this virus will take out a few outliers in the younger class of the population. But the question remains about shutting down the economy even if we had the certain knowledge we could prolong the lives of already frail people. And also the question I have is what benefit is derived from stretching out the duration of an "epidemic" so we can enjoy it as long as possible and will that possibly kill even more than letting it run.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Shutting down the economy will cause far more deaths and misery than the Kung flu.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Reopen and get back to work. Scamdemic.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
He is a freaking chemist

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote][Reopen and get back to work. Scamdemic./quote]

So I guess that helicopter landing at the hospital down the block and flying someone off to Fargo is just a PR stunt.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
IC B3

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
He is a freaking chemist

Exactly. Obama won a Nobel Prize too. Are you going to listen to him?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by nighthawk
So. If you expand on this guy's theory the government should promote the spread of the disease - you arrive at herd immunity more quickly that way/ Of course many more people die more quickly that way but you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs. After all, the health of a nation's economy is more important than the health of the people. People are gonna die anyway. And the faster old people die the faster they reduce the burden on the economy, they are non-productive anyway (Stalin thought that way). I think he got his theory out of Mao's little red book.

Kind of what the Obama care promoters were saying.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by UPhiker
He is a freaking chemist

I wasn't listening to Obama. What did he say?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by nighthawk
[quote][Reopen and get back to work. Scamdemic./quote]

So I guess that helicopter landing at the hospital down the block and flying someone off to Fargo is just a PR stunt.

And im sure you are positive that it was flying a Covid 19 patient??? Its not like other medical conditions and traumas stop just because of the virus!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The take-away for me from a 20,000 foot overview is the “flu” in a bad year, say kills 60-80,000 folks but while the Corona will equal or surpass that, the vast majority are the very elderly with often multiple co-morbidities who were close to death already and an economic non-factor.

The difference is that the Corona is multiple levels of a greater contagion so those deaths can overwhelm in a weeks time while the flu, as a 1:1 contagion trundles along with no spike in deaths; just one here and there..

However, the “flu” kills a much greater portion of the total under the age 65, a bunch of which are still economically viable and yet we don’t shut down the economy for a bad flu season.

With the exception of NY, Mass, and maybe NJ, where the hospitals were briefly overwhelmed, we should have let the country run, but now, we have done untold national damage (debt) by the shutdown and local damage due to businesses that will not survive. That’s not to mention social and educational damages.

And NY was seriously mismanaged as a side note — COVID patient to nursing homes? Brilliant! Was that for an intended outcome?

As a side note watch the scheming Democrats — Pelosi, Cuomo — try to sneak (whine about) payments to “blue” states for their ruinous policies including idiotic pensions for public employees, and completely unrelated to COVID.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You can't believe the numbers. Remember that. The number of fatalities due to the virus are inflated to the point its garbage. The real numbers would most likely put it lower then the flu.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BlueDuck
You can't believe the numbers. Remember that. The number of fatalities due to the virus are inflated to the point its garbage. The real numbers would most likely put it lower then the flu.

Speculation upon speculation.

There’s strength in confusion. Plenty of that at the moment.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
He is a freaking chemist

That destroyed all credibility of that Prize. What exactly did he win it for? I guess being a Racist,Communist Mullato and elected by a bunch of idiot libtards would be my best guess.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
He is a freaking chemist

I wasn't listening to Obama. What did he say?

That's my point. Just because someone won the Nobel Prize for an unrelated field doesn't make them an expert in everything else.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Laura Ingraham keeps putting up her stable of experts that shoot down about just about everything the MSM experts are saying about coronavirus.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (7mm_Loco, 338Rules, 6MMWASP, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 10 invisible), 1,430 guests, and 776 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,082
Posts18,501,658
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.