Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
HughW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
I know the majority of us are upset over the changes to the firearm legislation -- whether it be the abuse of power with the OIC or the on-going targeting of legal gun owners for votes vs taking on crime or being soft on criminals that use guns or not going after the smugglers but as an issue anything on guns is not enough to turn voters for the next election.

With the minority government the Bloc and NDP do not want to have an election. They are influencing for their needs every chance they get. Both of these parties are sipping from the chalice of power, they like it and will sell their souls to continue to do so. The fight for an early election needs to swing the Bloc or NDP over will not be won by getting them to vote against the Liberals over guns (todays news had both supporting the OIC). It has to be another issue.

Yes the narrative on firearms (quit calling them military assault rifles) has to be changed before the next election -- I am just not sure how this will happen with the Liberal bought press. CBC, Global, CTV and many local news outlets write op eds favoring the Liberals. Global just ran a poll saying over 80% of Canadians favour complete abolishment of firearms.

There needs to be focused work through media and letters on issues that will bring down this ass of a government and that issue will not be guns. Perhaps the money that the Idiot in Charge is giving away to other countries, the level of debt --- something that will swing enough eastern voters. I have given up on Quebec --- they are in this for themselves and will follow corruption in any way that benefits only themselves. The gun OIC in many ways is the shinny ball that is taking peoples attention off of how badly Socks and his inept group of helpers flubbed the initial response to CoV19 -- delayed closures to flights from China, the shipment of PPE, ignoring the warnings from the military -- the list is long.

After watching the burial of the SNC Lavlin issue and the Bloc shutting down the Mark Norman investigation I am not sure what the issue is. I have written numerous letters, signed multiple petitions and provided funding directly to candidates in ridings running against Liberals. I would like to see this government defeated and need to see an issue that will galvanize enough people outside of Toronto and Quebec to do that.

What is that issue?

Hugh
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hugh,
Thank you for an incredibly written thought provoking post. Canadian gun enthusiasts can only deliver an election swaying vote in certain swing ridings. Defeating the Liberals will require voters in more urban ridings to turn away from the Liberals and vote CPC. The potential army of firearm owners that can help spread the word regarding other issues will be essential if we wish to end the Trudeau era.
Bill

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If FN land claims were happening in Ontario and Quebec like they are here in BC then those 2 Provinces would not vote these globalists in again. That is the biggest issue facing Canadians today, and they don't even know about it. It is coming to a Province near you, but its all on the down low.

UNDRIP is the final nail in the coffin for hunters and fishers, also will destroy pretty much all outdoor activities because of the loss of access to what was formally crown land.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
The appropriate way to deal with FN land claims is:

You lost. Get over it. Get a job.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Trudeau is setting a trap for the Conservatives because “assault weapons ban” polls well among low information voters in Toronto and Montreal.

https://apple.news/Ai5jZhQnSSTWzWeWWFxjgNQ

IC B2

H
HughW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
I read that earlier today and it points to why an argument on guns only will not win this next election. I see today announcements have Socks not releasing carbon tax data as it is secret and giving farmers who are essential to food supply $252M vs the $9B he used to buy student votes. Perhaps it is a continual and sustained push back in letters to the media on the extremely poor record this Idiot which he refuses to answer questions on.

Examples simple questions through letters to the editor --- Why does the Prime Minister value non working students more than the essential family farms that sustain family food supplies?
-- or ---
On Guns --- The prime minister and Blill Blair haves stated they are not targeting hunters yet the legislation as written will affect anyone with a shotgun having removable chokes in a common 12 gage or 10 gage duck gun. (bore diameter with chokes removed is greater than 20 mm) Why are you going after hunters?

Just keep at him with questions that he ducks and dodges. Show that he and his government are not fit to lead to through a sustained campaign of questions.

Hugh
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What will bring them down ? The answer is simple, mismanagement of the COVID-19 crisis. Polling numbers show an 13% increase . In fact 46% of Conservatives feel he's doing a good job. I was surprised at that.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
We as a whole need to be protesting in the streets, like they do over in Europe.
Seems to me that will be the only way to get this Governments attention, and even then ?

H
HughW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
What will bring them down ? The answer is simple, mismanagement of the COVID-19 crisis. Polling numbers show an 13% increase . In fact 46% of Conservatives feel he's doing a good job. I was surprised at that.

WOW -- 46% that is surprising. If you truly follow what Socks and his team have and have not done at a Federal level they have failed badly. The only thing that is saving Canada is the independent action of the premiers.

Hugh
H
HughW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Bill Blair

If anyone does FB I would suggest taking a look at Bill Blairs FB page and the comments

https://www.facebook.com/williamsterlingblair/posts/2636002193286684?hc_location=ufi

Hugh
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
There is no one issue at this point. The communists were wounded heavily last election and the good guys still lost.

Canadians don't vote a government in, they vote the previous government out.

Atlantic Canada has way more seats than they should per capita and so does Quebec to some extent. Ontario is about right for seats, but they have a huge population. BC and AB are under represented.

How it shakes out is that Ontario, or both Quebec and the Atlantic provinces must side with the West to switch governments.

With "Socks" paying off the media and so much of the country trusting CTV and CBC, they effectively cheerlead for Socks. Socks and company are very happy to lie and misrepresent while the good guys don't fight to counter the lies. They are very passive.

So unless the Bloc or NDP decide to side with the good guys, Socks is going to rule a while longer.

How much damage can Canada absorb without collapse? Socks has to go!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
This order in council nonsense must be rescinded, imo.
The NDP are broke and cannot afford to go into another election and the Liberals see this opportunity to act alone.
It is a sickening loophole and can a will be used again, I do wonder if it is a result of P.E.T's repatriation of the constitution in the 70's. It may or not be true, but must addressed, this only fuels the divide .

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
somehow the western provinces need to leave Canadian government for good and become part of America . eastern part of Canada has to many Liberals that will continue to ruin all gun owners lives ,the good part is if this happened and the western provinces became part of America you could own handguns freely and the assault thing is over. good luck ,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
H
HughW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Shortly after he Nova Scotia shooting when Socks announced he was going to push forward with gen legislation I wrote to our MP --- she is NDP (only one in Alberta). I did not expect a response but she replied today which is surprising as her nickname is missing in action. My letter to her is below. Please read her response which has several troubling points in it. This is the battle that will be fought in the East and urban centres. As well with a minority government propped up by the NDP and Bloc expect that what ever else Socks is planning could get much worse if the NDP get their way.

Honorable Heather McPherson

Dear Ms McPherson

All of us must pray for and extend our love to the people of Nova Scotia. We must always support and cherish the victims and their families. The tragic events in Nova Scotia have touched everyone’s heart hopefully there is healing for the police and victims.
I was troubled to hear the Prime Minster on the news tonight saying he was going to push all parties to have the Liberal gun legislation added to the parliamentary meetings on CoV19 and that he needed unanimous approval to do this. Justin Trudeau has time and again shown that he ignores the law (SNC Lavin, Mark Norman) and now is in the process of redacting correspondence that the Liberals had on the start of CoV19 which through their delayed actions has cost Canadian lives. Please do not let him push through this legislation without knowing all the facts. Let the RCMP investigation run its course and find out what actually happened. Let the families grieve and also have input into what has occurred.
Justin Trudeau’s approach to guns fails to address the real problem – criminals who use guns to commit violence. We already know that the perpetrator of this crime imitated a police officer, customized a car to look like a police vehicle and did not have proper approval for possession of firearms which means he had illegally acquired guns. Who helped this man with the car, where did he get the firearms and what type are they? These questions need to be answered in the investigation before the Liberals jam through a law that does nothing to deal with criminal elements.
To often Justin uses these types of situations for pushing his agenda while manipulating government to avoid accounting for his miss deeds. You have an opportunity to let Canadians know the full truth on what happened in Nova Scotia by saying no to adding this to the parliamentary agenda. Let the truth come out before changes are made --- it would be a refreshing change.
Thanks in advance for consideration of this request

Hugh

Heathers Response

Subject: Re: Tragic Event in Nova Scotia and Justin Trudeau's Response

Dear Hugh,

Thank you for writing to me on your concerns with the new gun control legislation passed by the Liberal Government by an order in council. I am also concerned about the way in which this legislation was implemented. The majority of gun owners in Canada are responsible and law-abiding. However, these weapons have been used in violent and devastating crimes and all Canadians share in the responsibility to do all we can to keep protect our communities from the threat of these tragedies.

The Liberal Government promised during their campaign five years ago to act on guns but have only now brought in this legislation. While I support the goal of getting military-style assault weapons off the street, the government needs to clarify the details of their plan. More clarity is necessary so law-abiding gun owners are compensated for the loss of their firearms, but also so gun owners are not caught off guard by this change.

Laws like this should be the result of consultation with law enforcement and other experts. While we agree a response was necessary in the wake of the Nova Scotia shooting, we question why the government waited until the middle of a health crisis to pass this legislation. Why did they not introduce this legislation at some point over the past five years?

]I and the NDP believe that these controls are only part of a larger conversation on how to make our communities safer. Targeting legal gun owners is only effective if other public safety issues are addressed as well. To get serious on violent crime, the government needs to invest more resources at the border to tackle the circulation of arms illegally brought from the US. In the same vein this new legislation does not address issues such as domestic violence, which is an increasing problem during these times, or gang violence. Communities will only be made safer if all of these elements are considered together.

You can be sure that I will continue to raise these questions and push for measures to address violent crime in Canada.

Stay safe, stay healthy and stay home if you can.

Yours,

Heather

Last edited by HughW; 05/06/20.

Hugh
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Any response except “He’s a dumbass who doesn’t understand that banning legal guns does nothing too stop illegal guns and I’ll be voting against him in a non-confidence vote at the first opportunity” is total bs.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hear Trudeau say...the majority of Canadians support any new gun laws. I never participated in any polls, did any of you?
So then if Canadians were polled about hunting, would they ban hunting if the majority do not support hunting?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
On banning the AR-15, the numbers across Canada 80% for, in Quebec that climbs to 87% . A political astute move would be to add the Conservative ideas on reduction of gun violence in as well.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by HughW
Shortly after he Nova Scotia shooting when Socks announced he was going to push forward with gen legislation I wrote to our MP --- she is NDP (only one in Alberta). I did not expect a response but she replied today which is surprising as her nickname is missing in action. My letter to her is below. Please read her response which has several troubling points in it. This is the battle that will be fought in the East and urban centres. As well with a minority government propped up by the NDP and Bloc expect that what ever else Socks is planning could get much worse if the NDP get their way.

Honorable Heather McPherson

Dear Ms McPherson

All of us must pray for and extend our love to the people of Nova Scotia. We must always support and cherish the victims and their families. The tragic events in Nova Scotia have touched everyone’s heart hopefully there is healing for the police and victims.
I was troubled to hear the Prime Minster on the news tonight saying he was going to push all parties to have the Liberal gun legislation added to the parliamentary meetings on CoV19 and that he needed unanimous approval to do this. Justin Trudeau has time and again shown that he ignores the law (SNC Lavin, Mark Norman) and now is in the process of redacting correspondence that the Liberals had on the start of CoV19 which through their delayed actions has cost Canadian lives. Please do not let him push through this legislation without knowing all the facts. Let the RCMP investigation run its course and find out what actually happened. Let the families grieve and also have input into what has occurred.
Justin Trudeau’s approach to guns fails to address the real problem – criminals who use guns to commit violence. We already know that the perpetrator of this crime imitated a police officer, customized a car to look like a police vehicle and did not have proper approval for possession of firearms which means he had illegally acquired guns. Who helped this man with the car, where did he get the firearms and what type are they? These questions need to be answered in the investigation before the Liberals jam through a law that does nothing to deal with criminal elements.
To often Justin uses these types of situations for pushing his agenda while manipulating government to avoid accounting for his miss deeds. You have an opportunity to let Canadians know the full truth on what happened in Nova Scotia by saying no to adding this to the parliamentary agenda. Let the truth come out before changes are made --- it would be a refreshing change.
Thanks in advance for consideration of this request

Hugh

Heathers Response

Subject: Re: Tragic Event in Nova Scotia and Justin Trudeau's Response

Dear Hugh,

Thank you for writing to me on your concerns with the new gun control legislation passed by the Liberal Government by an order in council. I am also concerned about the way in which this legislation was implemented. The majority of gun owners in Canada are responsible and law-abiding. However, these weapons have been used in violent and devastating crimes and all Canadians share in the responsibility to do all we can to keep protect our communities from the threat of these tragedies.

The Liberal Government promised during their campaign five years ago to act on guns but have only now brought in this legislation. While I support the goal of getting military-style assault weapons off the street, the government needs to clarify the details of their plan. More clarity is necessary so law-abiding gun owners are compensated for the loss of their firearms, but also so gun owners are not caught off guard by this change.

Laws like this should be the result of consultation with law enforcement and other experts. While we agree a response was necessary in the wake of the Nova Scotia shooting, we question why the government waited until the middle of a health crisis to pass this legislation. Why did they not introduce this legislation at some point over the past five years?

]I and the NDP believe that these controls are only part of a larger conversation on how to make our communities safer. Targeting legal gun owners is only effective if other public safety issues are addressed as well. To get serious on violent crime, the government needs to invest more resources at the border to tackle the circulation of arms illegally brought from the US. In the same vein this new legislation does not address issues such as domestic violence, which is an increasing problem during these times, or gang violence. Communities will only be made safer if all of these elements are considered together.

You can be sure that I will continue to raise these questions and push for measures to address violent crime in Canada.

Stay safe, stay healthy and stay home if you can.

Yours,

Heather

So, now you have received confirmation of the NDP stance on gun control; as if such were needed. Next time around, don't elect the cow.
AR 15's have been used in so few shootings, in Canada, the number is insignificant. GD

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by 673
If FN land claims were happening in Ontario and Quebec like they are here in BC then those 2 Provinces would not vote these globalists in again. That is the biggest issue facing Canadians today, and they don't even know about it. It is coming to a Province near you, but its all on the down low.

UNDRIP is the final nail in the coffin for hunters and fishers, also will destroy pretty much all outdoor activities because of the loss of access to what was formally crown land.

Land claims is indeed an issue that could bring down the Liberals if the truth of what is happening were to ever make mainstream media. I have been watching it happen in BC/Yukon my entire life and in my opinion is the biggest scam in Canadian history.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by yukon254
Originally Posted by 673

Land claims is indeed an issue that could bring down the Liberals if the truth of what is happening were to ever make mainstream media. I have been watching it happen in BC/Yukon my entire life and in my opinion is the biggest scam in Canadian history.

Glad you agree, see if this were happening in Quebec they would see the loss of sovereignty that the entire issue brings to us all.
UNDRIP will destroy the Country as we know it, it will provide the courts with enough excuses to give FN everything.
The BC government has already made UNDRIP law, Trudeau says he will also make it law if he were elected again, and he was.
It is a loss of sovereignty pure and simple, but because we mean little to Trudeau it is not even noticed out east, just wait until they figure it out, it will be to late then. Read all the articles below, pay attention to article 26, that means if you hunt or fish or access any crown land you can forget about that because it wont be crown anymore.
https://www.un.org/development/desa...ploads/sites/19/2018/11/UNDRIP_E_web.pdf

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (12344mag, 1minute, 160user, 117LBS, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 57 invisible), 3,080 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,966
Posts18,499,245
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.