Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I remember when a straight razor shave wasn't considered a special luxury. Of course that was fifty years ago when Dad took me to the barbershop. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The man is taking all the reasonable precautions. There has to be a balance between conducting business and taking precautions to prevent the spread of diseases. Going forward I think you are going to see this become the norm. Plexiglass shields between the customers and cashiers, masks and gloves for people who provide more personal services. Schools and day care centers are petri dishes for the spread of diseases. Health departments are going to have to modernize.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I went to my local shop today, got my hair cut. 3 guys cutting hair, and they were busy.

Never thought of getting a hair cut would feel like freedom.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Was talking to a friend yesterday who got a haircut late Feb just before the lock down. Is still waiting for his barber to re-open. Fussing about having to "slick it down" every time he goes out in public to not look like a wild man. Told him "I have a set of cow clippers. I can fix that." He laughs. But, won't take me up on it...

Bully on the old guy listed in the OP for moving on with his life...

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by notamos
Sounds like the perfect person to be a major hub of infection. Good on him. That will help Michiganders a whole bunch.

This is the dumbest thing I've read on here. Congrats, doomer.

How so? Hanging over every customer's face, one after another. Perfect set up. They all go to different homes in different neighborhoods and deliver the goods.

Or is it just that you don't believe in such a thing as contagious diseases?

Funny...the barbershop here on Osan never closed during all of this. The barbers are all local nationals. Not a single case of COVID-19 of all 5300 military members or family members. The only cases on base at all were civilian contractors that violated a command order and went to a local bar, where someone who had returned from the US had brought back the virus.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by k20350
https://www.mlive.com/news/flint/20...il-jesus-walks-in-or-they-arrest-me.html

This guy is a cornerstone of that community. He is massively supportive of high school kids and always joins in with fund raisers. Kids love him and adults have gone to him for 50 years. County prosecutor isn't going to do $hit to him so the state is swinging their big ass around. He cut my hair for the first 25 years of my life haha.

This is what should be done NATION WIDE AND RIGHT NOW!

Enough of this BS tyranny via various gov't 'officials'..... Eff this...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Sounds like the perfect person to be a major hub of infection. Good on him. That will help Michiganders a whole bunch.

How so? Hanging over every customer's face, one after another. Perfect set up. They all go to different homes in different neighborhoods and deliver the goods.

Of course I believe in contagious diseases. They're real. They exist. Take the flu, for instance. It's a contagious disease that exists. Has killed 80,000 people in the USA this year. Kills tens of thousands every year. I don't remember dumbasses like you and the other covid chickens suggesting that we shut down the economy every flu season.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Same thing happening here to a very good friend of mine. Small 2-man shop. His boy and mine have been life long friends playing nearly every sport together, fishing together, and we all hunt together.

He's been opening up for 4 hours every-other day. He won't apply for the small business loans and was denied the unemployment since he's a small business owner. He's going to open up on Monday for good til he gets shut down. A man has to pay for his livelihood somehow. He's been delivering pizzas in the mean time to pay the shop bills

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Get your appointment set up....you'll be first.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Redneck
https://www.mlive.com/news/flint/20...il-jesus-walks-in-or-they-arrest-me.html

This guy is a cornerstone of that community. He is massively supportive of high school kids and always joins in with fund raisers. Kids love him and adults have gone to him for 50 years. County prosecutor isn't going to do $hit to him so the state is swinging their big ass around. He cut my hair for the first 25 years of my life haha.

This is what should be done NATION WIDE AND RIGHT NOW!

Enough of this BS tyranny via various gov't 'officials'..... Eff this...

I know it's starting to happen here. Lots of folks are sick of Gov. Walzy not having answers for the actions other than "We're in this together" bullschit he spouts. No...we aren't in this together dickwad.
'

IC B3

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
My boys and I are in need; asked wifey if we should make the 3-hour round trip to go see him but that plus a possible 3 hr wait shot the idea down.

Some entrepreneurial spirit should put a barbers chair up in his/her driveway and advertise haircuts for a donation. I bet they’d make a killing right now.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Why is it I notice those who live in fear and need government to take care of them here, tend to be our most out spoken liberals?
Its no wonder they don't like Trump, he does not coddle them

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This needs to happen everywhere and I will go out of my way to support those business owners.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

3000 posts of just arguing with people. About everything imaginable. Just doom and gloom and a [bleep] attitude. U ever notice everywhere u go the room empties out within a few minutes? Got a guy at work like that and I call him Sunshine. Guy has no idea why. Could be 10 people in a room and he walks in pissing and moaning about everything and slowly everyone leaves. Is your name Carl by chance?

Facts are tough to cope with for folks like you.

I think that applies to you my friend. Michigan is only 6% over normal capacity (which is normal swing back and forth) for hospitals and vast majority of cases are in nursing homes. What i find hilarious is it was less than a minute after i posted you replied with a [bleep] response. I bet your a piece of work in person. i cant imagine sitting there constantly hitting refresh waiting to be a dick. Some people go fishing some people, some people build models, and some make being a a$$hole their hobby. Hey its America. You do you haha. refresh..........refresh................refresh.................refresh.........refresh Oh man now is my chance to be a douche canoe!!!!!

Whatever you say. You still can't deal with the facts, so you deflect to attack me. That's okay. It's a simple admission you lost the argument. Nothing new there.

You wouldn’t know a fact if it came up and bit you on the ass. What you’ve got is talking points, spoon fed to you by your masters. GFY hippie.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is a local beauty shop that opened yesterday. They were busy!
Now, they will be fined $300/day.

The local news interviewed a nearby shop owner.
She was ballbaggin' "It's not fair, I'm obeying the law".
Screw her, if she wants to open like the other lady, she can.
If she wants to play it safe, she can.

I hope the customers tip that woman like she is paying $300/day to
service them. Make it worth her while.
I also hope some lawyer volunteers to represent her in a lawsuit
against every party that is involved in her forced closure, and in fining her.
From the cop writing the ticket (I know, immunity) to Demonrat Wolf.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by irfubar

Leroy, you should shelter in place for the rest of your life... wink

We can only hope, would be nice if they all would go shelter in place and leave us grownups to run our lives.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm pretty sure no one's going to die there.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
What really happened is the Texas governor modified his executive order to prevent jail time for violating his previous order, making it retroactive to April 2. Then the next day the Texas Supreme Court threw out her sentence. In the meantime her GoFundMe legal defense fund raised over $300,000. That Dallas judge didn’t quite have the stroke he imagined.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good.. I can only speak for this region, but lots of places never shut down and nobody cared.

And nobody's sick but people who were already sick.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
k20350 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Update: I heard the barber got fined $1000 for being open this week. When I went by today going to work he was open still with a line wrapped around the building with lots of supporters out front.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1234, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,405
Posts18,488,944
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.