B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by smokepole
LOL, you senile f*ck. I never owned a bike, and I've never worn a "doo-rag."

Much less posted a picture of such.
Must have been somebody else. Makes no difference, you're such and arrogant, condescending prick nobody'd give you permission anyways. You could never stop or hide your condescending air of superiority and you know it, however unjustified it may be.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You should dig a pond Bristoe. The thread would be epic!

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you want to fish the pond, give your neighbor a copy of Pat McManus; The Night the Bear Ate Goombaw.

You'll be in like Flynn... once he reads it. Be sure to let him know Rancid is long gone.

DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick
He should just go and politely ask his neighbor if he'd mind if he wet a line in that pond first. You've got nothing to lose by asking. If he gets permission and catches a mess of fish he should take some over to the neighbor as a thank you. Maybe even take him a fruit basket or home baked cookies at Christmas. We do that for our neighbors and would even if they didn't let us hunt and fish.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Paid $175,000 for the land, $6,000. for the pond and $500. to stock it. Not one offer to chip in with labor or cash from relatives or neighbors during the process. Fishing is by invitation only and you must be bring a child under ten years old. Now realize why few allowed fishing in private ponds when I was a kid. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K

Absolutely!

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
I dug a firepit,..2 actually. That's about all the digging I have in me.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Um.... backhoe not shovel grin

Please don't feed the trolls!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
On the verge of loosing your redneck card. There is no redneck that could live within stumbling distance of a pond like that and not fish it. At some point your going to have to get drunk enough to just say screw and go violate that pond in the middle of the night. The key is to not get so drunk that you don't see the po po coming so you can get a head start. I am sure your days of out running the cops with out a head start are long past just like mine.

Or use your age to your advantage. Perhaps you need to have a senior moment and wonder down to "grandpas pond" cause grandma wants some fresh bluegills for dinner.

I have toned down my fishing "adventures". I was more of the stealth type. Ghillie suit and prearranged drop off and pickup points. Spotter and two way radios. Never got caught. Did get "lost" a few times and had to ask the landowners if they seen my dog that ran off. Had to go back later to retrieve my equipment.

The good lord probably saved me from going to jail when he took away some serious temptation. My brother bought a place that abutted DNR land. Well on this land about 50 yards out his backdoor was a state trout hatchery. Fortunately they shut it down that summer he moved in. I was waiting til fall.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Bristoe
He's not a bad guy, actually. He just doesn't want people running around on his property.

I understand that.
He's a selfish prick if he won't let a good neighbor fish in that pond.

You probably don't understand because you have nothing but here goes.....what other people work for isn't for your broke dick, lazy azz to play with. They don't owe you an explanation. They aren't pricks for saying no if asked, you're a prick for putting them in the position to have to tell a dead beat no.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by hillestadj
He's not a bad guy, actually. He just doesn't want people running around on his property.

I understand that.

You probably don't understand because you have nothing but here goes.....what other people work for isn't for your broke dick, lazy azz to play with. They don't owe you an explanation. They aren't pricks for saying no if asked, you're a prick for putting them in the position to have to tell a dead beat no.
I have my own pond full of bass, bluegills and bullheads in my back yard you stupid son of a bitch. It was full of fish when I bought the place. I don't fish in it often myself anymore. When somebody asks, I let them fish in it. It's no skin off my ass and it's a great place to take a kid fishing as you can catch bluegills just as fast as you can take one off the hook and get a line back in the water.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Bristoe that picture of the pond and the gravel road brought back a memory from a long time ago in your part of the world. Lemme take you back 40 years ago to a place in rural Kentucky. A friend and I had secured permission to hunt some land with a cabin located on a gravel road just like the one pictured in your post. One evening we parked the car on the gravel road next to the cabin and proceeded to hunt the field behind the cabin. Both sides of the road we had permission to hunt. After a little while we noticed a pickup truck had come down the road from the opposite end and stopped. We walked up to the truck to talk to the driver and explain we had permission to hunt. By the time we reached the truck, the driver, a senior citizen had stepped out and was standing behind the drivers side door and was completely enraged. Unbeknownst to me the gravel road led back over the hilly horizon to a house and my car had blocked his wife from access. She had to turn around and go all the way back to town to phone her husband. By this time the man was in a complete rage, I remember him calling me a son of a b@#$% and telling me to get my ass down there and move the car. Enough was enough and I told the guy to calm down, I made a mistake and would go move my car. He exploded with profanities and I could see him look over at the shotgun he had propped up on the middle of the truck seat. Time seemed to move slowly and my last thought was that this might turn into a really bad confrontation. Clear heads prevailed and after a bit more profanity and him calling me more names we started off back towards the cabin to move the car. By the time we walked the distance the driver was already there and sitting on the front porch. When we arrived the guy had calmed down and was quite apologetic. A few lessons were learned that day by this at the time 18 year old. One, no means no. Two, people are sometimes funny about their land. It is theirs not yours or mine respect it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
,...that I can't fish.

humph,..

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I was looking for Bible passages on how the temptations of a wicked woman should be resisted. Satan his own self sent that pond Bristoe, look how he has already caused hostility and dissection right here on this thread.

Crosseth not that fenceline! (not like you could anyway 🙂)

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

I'd dig an underground tunnel over to that pond, fish it from below.....out of sight and all.........

Last edited by Kenneth; 05/08/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kolofardos

Absolutely!

Bristoe did that when he was just a wee lass....different tractor different day...but some things never change.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by DMc
If you want to fish the pond, give your neighbor a copy of Pat McManus; The Night the Bear Ate Goombaw.

You'll be in like Flynn... once he reads it. Be sure to let him know Rancid is long gone.

DMc

I used to devour his articles, and when my mom bought me his book ... Great gift to a little kid. TOTALLY forgot about him.

As for the pond, its not yours. Rare to be turned down if you ask around here.

As for the comment about farm ponds in general being terrific, I couldnt agree more.

And a kids 1st 3lb bass? You nailed it. Memorable.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
Almost like getting laid the first time.

Well, maybe not. But it's up there.

I guess it all depends on who you get laid with.

There have been a few that would have gladly traded some good bluegill fishing for.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hillestadj

I understand that.

I have my own pond full of bass, bluegills and bullheads in my back yard you stupid son of a bitch. It was full of fish when I bought the place. I don't fish in it often myself anymore. When somebody asks, I let them fish in it. It's no skin off my ass and it's a great place to take a kid fishing as you can catch bluegills just as fast as you can take one off the hook and get a line back in the water.

Mea Culpa...you have your own well stocked pond that you don't fish. But you knock on perfect strangers doors and ask to fish their ponds. Sounds like the way to go.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by kolofardos

Absolutely!

Bristoe did that when he was just a wee lass....different tractor different day...but some things never change.

As like him as it may seem I doubt that's Bristoe, there is no way they had color cameras when he was that age...Grandson maybe?

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I enjoy building ponds but you are a little out of my permit range.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,322 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,005
Posts18,500,087
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.