Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Cops have no fn business messing with people because they don't have a mask on. Go out and catch dope dealers, purse snatchers and DUI suspects I'm all for beating some bad guy's azz, just leave the law abiding citizens alone.

I don't know a single cop that wants to pull mask duty at the local Publix.

They're told to be there and assist the stores with non-compliant individuals.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You couldn’t pay me enough to do that job in that town.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The cop just used the incident as an excuse to grab her crotch.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
And amazingly, only 16 seconds of the encounter was available!!!!

Are you suggesting that things may not be exactly as they appear? When did we quit trusting journalists to deliver the unvarnished truth?

This from the write up:

"over the woman’s apparent failure to wear a mask."

So they have admitted that they don't really know.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 05/07/20.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
And amazingly, only 16 seconds of the encounter was available!!!!

Are you suggesting that things may not be exactly as they appear? When did we quit trusting journalist to deliver the unvarnished truth?

This from the write up:

"over the woman’s apparent failure to wear a mask."

So they have admitted that they don't really know.

I'm betting she made the mistake of thinking he was a store employee and asked where the donuts were.......

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Beoceorl
Originally Posted by smokepole
I'll leave this here for mirage123:

Originally Posted by mirage243
Has nothing to do with Colorado. Local PD, every place has a few Barney Fifes here and there.

That sheit didn't happen in Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, Texas, etc. So yes, I think it does have a lot to do with Colorado. Most of the fuqkery you hear about of government over reach comes from Cal, Co, Wa, NY, NJ, etc[

Just remember that Birmingham is a world of its own compared to most of the rest of Alabama.

Understood and I'm not ripping on Alabama, that would be stupid.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Cops have no fn business messing with people because they don't have a mask on. Go out and catch dope dealers, purse snatchers and DUI suspects I'm all for beating some bad guy's azz, just leave the law abiding citizens alone.

I don't know a single cop that wants to pull mask duty at the local Publix.

They're told to be there and assist the stores with non-compliant individuals.

So when cops are told to disarm law abiding US citizens you believe they'll only be doing their job? Guess that makes cops public enemy number one in my way of thinking. Some will follow orders straight to he'll if told too.

Life is good live it while you can.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Groid. She probably needed it.

She needed a kick in the azz for sure after mouthing off like that but that idiot Cop could have killed her very easily with that "takedown". Who the F trains these cops?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

So when cops are told to disarm law abiding US citizens you believe they'll only be doing their job? Guess that makes cops public enemy number one in my way of thinking. Some will follow orders straight to he'll if told too.

Yes they will be doing their jobs.

There will always be somebody willing to enforce unconstitutional laws.

How you view cops is up to you, but just remember they're only enforcing the laws that were put into place by your municipality, county, or state.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
That man will never eat another sandwich with that hand.......and how about that community organizer in the back ground acting all indignante !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That move really seemed to get the gal in the background animated.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'll leave this here for mirage123:

Originally Posted by mirage243
Has nothing to do with Colorado. Local PD, every place has a few Barney Fifes here and there.

That sheit didn't happen in Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, Texas, etc. So yes, I think it does have a lot to do with Colorado. Most of the fuqkery you hear about of government over reach comes from Cal, Co, Wa, NY, NJ, etc[

Just remember that Birmingham is a world of its own compared to most of the rest of Alabama.

Understood and I'm not ripping on Alabama, that would be stupid.

No problem. I know you weren't picking on Alabama.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Yes they will be doing their jobs.

There will always be somebody willing to enforce unconstitutional laws.

How you view cops is up to you, but just remember they're only enforcing the laws that were put into place by your municipality, county, or state.

I feel you right that's sarry but true. Just because it's the law doesn't make it right.

Life is good live it while you can.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Did he "Trump" her during the take down?

Yes he did he grabbed her by the *****. I took karate and aikido for 3 years they never taught us that move, the "behind the butt ***** grab." Looks very effective for a takedown, as long as, you don't get your hand, or forearm, stuck.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Did he "Trump" her during the take down?

Yes he did he grabbed her by the *****. I took karate and aikido for 3 years they never taught us that move, the "behind the butt ***** grab." Looks very effective for a takedown, as long as, you don't get your hand, or forearm, stuck.

Jim Conrad does it all the time down n the farm, you just have to know how to break the suction and get free.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cop is lucky no one shot him.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
As is often the case, there is a lot more to the story than what is shown in the video, and reported in the original story. In fact the bit about the mask appears to be completely made up by bystanders, or (gasp) the news media.

Birmingham police spokesman Sgt. Rod Mauldin said the reason for the officer’s contact with the woman was for disorderly contact and not just the mere violation of an ordinance requiring face coverings.

...Tuesday’s incident began when the officer, who was working an extra security job for Walmart, heard the woman yelling obscenities toward customers and employees. “The female continued and was asked to leave the store. However, she refused,’’ Mauldin said. “The officer began to detain her, however she continued to resist. The officer used a takedown measure to gain control due to the other threat factors in the store.”

Woman faces charges after altercation with officer at Birmingham Walmart
By Carol Robinson | crobinsonal.com

A woman faces multiple charges after an altercation with a police officer at a Birmingham Walmart. The altercation was captured on cell phone video.

Authorities have not released the woman’s name but said Thursday she has been charged with disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, third-degree criminal trespassing, possession of marijuana and unlawful possession of a controlled substance. She was in the Birmingham City Jail, but it wasn’t immediately clear whether she was still behind bars Thursday.

The incident took place Tuesday night at Walmart in Roebuck. Videos of the incident have been shared thousands of times on Facebook and show the officer handcuffing a woman who is not complying. He then picks her up and takes her to the ground.

Birmingham police spokesman Sgt. Rod Mauldin said the reason for the officer’s contact with the woman was for disorderly contact and not just the mere violation of an ordinance requiring face coverings. “We understand we’re operating in trying times,’’ Mauldin said in a video statement. “The Birmingham Police Department has maintained a consistent, community-oriented educational approach to the surrounding circumstances of COVID-19.”

No one has been arrested or issued a citation for violating the mask or Birmingham’s stay-at-home ordinance.

Mauldin said Tuesday’s incident began when the officer, who was working an extra security job for Walmart, heard the woman yelling obscenities toward customers and employees. “The female continued and was asked to leave the store. However, she refused,’’ Mauldin said. “The officer began to detain her, however she continued to resist. The officer used a takedown measure to gain control due to the other threat factors in the store.”

The woman was not injured, and she refused medical evaluation, Mauldin said.

As is standard procedure for all ‘‘use of force’’ incidents within the department, Birmingham’s Internal Affairs Division is looking into the officer’s actions. No additional information has been released.

From al.com

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Did the store mgr have customers wear a mask or not.

If they say, no guns allowed, do you wear your gun in.

They need cops posted at the 15 item counters for the black entitled dimocraps with lone star cards with 32 items.

Last edited by jaguartx; 05/08/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
W
WTF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Certainly not the same city I grew up in any more.

Last edited by WTF; 05/08/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Birmingham police spokesman Sgt. Rod Mauldin said the reason for the officer’s contact with the woman was for disorderly contact and not just the mere violation of an ordinance requiring face coverings.

From al.com[/quote]

Whoa, no way. I would have guessed things were exactly as the media portrays.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

91 members (260Remguy, 358wsm, 338Rules, 10gaugemag, 257wthbylover, 17 invisible), 2,192 guests, and 890 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,643
Posts18,533,679
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.