Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Since dead people continue to vote, why can't they keep the stimulus payments??

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I got one for my mother the other day. In two weeks, it'll be two years since she passed away. It says "decd" right after her name, so it's not like they didn't know. Why didn't they just do a filter and delete any that had "decd" after the name? They keep saying that they want the check back, but they don't have a procedure to do it. yet. Idiots!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Get it back. I don't car how they spend it they ain't gonna get stimulated! shocked

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Got one two days ago for my MIL, who passed away in February.
Kind of underscores the insanity of just throwing huge amounts of money indiscriminately at a problem.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Works the same with taxes.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I got one for my mother who passed away last year. Had a big notice on the front stating "if recipient is deceased, check this box, and drop in any mailbox" which I did. A few days later it showed up in my mail again stamped "undeliverable - deceased".

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Wife and I also received a check for my MIL who has been deceased for about 18 months. We're going to return it. Looks like IRS has these, (copy/pasted below) instructions posted to do so.

A41. You should return the payment as described below.
If the payment was a paper check:
Write "Void" in the endorsement section on the back of the check.
Mail the voided Treasury check immediately to the appropriate IRS location listed below.
Don't staple, bend, or paper clip the check.
Include a note stating the reason for returning the check.
If the payment was a paper check and you have cashed it, or if the payment was a direct deposit:
Submit a personal check, money order, etc., immediately to the appropriate IRS location listed below.
Write on the check/money order made payable to “U.S. Treasury” and write 2020EIP, and the taxpayer identification number (social security number, or individual taxpayer identification number) of the recipient of the check.
Include a brief explanation of the reason for returning the EIP.
For your paper check, here are the IRS mailing addresses to use based on the state:
If you live in…

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It sure doesn’t take Social Security very long to vacuum back their SS check for that month when someone dies. It seems to me that the IRS and SS should be able to communicate with one another. I could see a check being sent out by mistake if someone died during the current year, but in two years they should have their records straight. “Decd” tells me that they know about the person having died. Aunt June got one too and she has been dead since 6/23/18.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Damn gummint!

Next they'll want to keep the dearly departed from voting.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
You got that right. My father's check prairie dogged in and out of his account in a flash.

Whack-a-mole for Dollars.

OTOH, his pension check was based on him living into the month, not through it, so the full amount stayed.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Damn gummint!

My first thought as well.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
My step dad died on April 23rd and my mom just got his stimulus check. I sure hope they will make an exception for her and allow her to keep it.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Well hell, wifey and I are semi alive and we didn’t get cshit

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Damn gummint!

Yeah. Let freedom ring, dammit! smile

Hanco - just tell them you are ded. Like Roy. And Northern Dave.

Last edited by las; 05/08/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I sure hope they will make an exception for her and allow her to keep it.
Some legalist are saying that there is no "law" saying that the money has to be returned. My guess is if the money doesn't get returned there won't be a knock on the door for it.
several years ago I remember the nasty Nancy was saying that for every $1 of stimulus money sent out that there would be something like $3 spent back into the economy, or something like that. Think it was during Obama's spending spree on all those dig ready jobs, or was it his cash for clunkers program, or was it for the Obama phones program, maybe? SO, if that's true, then I guess the government doesn't really have much of a reason to come after it. LOL...

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Seriously, that does raise a question. My wife was alive for part of 2019 so she's listed as a dependent on my tax forms. If they send me a check for her, is it a keeper or do I give it back?
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If I got one in the mail for my late wife, I'm not so sure I would send it back.
I think I would take a black maker to it and write VOID on it in big letters, tear it in half and throw it in the gun safe.
If they are dumb enough to send out checks to dead people, they are dumb enough to lose the check sent back and then try to claim it was cashed and try to make people pay them back for a check that was never cashed.
I think I would keep it as proof I never cashed it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You have to look to the law. I seem to remember that the law was written as a refundable tax credit so you have to meet the requirements of the statute. If you get a check for which you are not qualified don't cash it. If you do the money goes back under the common law principle of Equity if nothing else.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Will Sanders return his?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Get it back. I don't car how they spend it they ain't gonna get stimulated! shocked

I would reckon some of there hard core dead Dutchman could get a little stimulated over $1200.00!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

340 members (1Longbow, 2500HD, 1lesfox, 240NMC, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 27 invisible), 1,975 guests, and 1,109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,088
Posts18,501,767
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.