Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Krico Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I have (and love) a set of 8.5x43 I bought from Doug years back. I used their warranty service once and was beyond impressed - that said I have concerns for the future.
With Blaser apparently discontinuing the high end Minox binos, what does this mean for my warranty? If I need a replacement in the future what can I expect to receive?

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I hope this is not true. I have a pair of 10 x 43 that have been amazing. I need to send them in to get cleaned up. Damn.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Springcove
I hope this is not true. I have a pair of 10 x 43 that have been amazing. I need to send them in to get cleaned up. Damn.

What do you mean cleaning them up ? I would like to learn about what that means.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Sorry I was in a hurry this morning. I have had them for over 10 years and want to send them in to see if there are any issues that need addressed. I have no interest in buying new glass and want these to last. I spoke to Minox last year about this and they said send them in but I never got around to doing it. That is all.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I do not see Minox listed on Cameraland's web site anymore.

Ted
IC B2

K
Krico Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by old_willys
I do not see Minox listed on Cameraland's web site anymore.

The HG line is not listed on the Minox site anymore either. Only the mid grade BL line.

I’m hoping somebody here (maybe even Doug) might have some insight.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Surprised that Doug continue to push such companies that come and go like Zen-Ray. Well, maybe not...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Minox is a subsidiary of Leica. I doubt service is going anywhere.

K
Krico Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Minox is a subsidiary of Leica. I doubt service is going anywhere.

Not anymore they’re not. They’ve been owned by Blaser for several years now.

https://www.dpreview.com/articles/2859813980/minox-leica

Last edited by Krico; 05/06/20.
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I have 2 HG Minox binoculars a 10x43 and a 8x56....great binoculars...but I wonder about warranty also...
also have a few of the BL HD models..that are really decent glass for the money....

gunut
IC B3

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
I have some German made BLs and find them to be absolutely fantastic in every way. My favorite glasses for sure. I doubt Minox is getting out of the high end...Blaser is a high end company. They are probably just shuffling the deck. They have gotten out of imported scopes and their new offerings are all MIG...imagine we will see the same for their binos

Last edited by Quak; 05/07/20.

GOD Bless America
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
My question is "what the heck does Blaser know about optics? They've only been in the game for a couple of years now and have someone else manufacture their overpriced glass now. They don't make squat.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Beretta owns Steiner as well. Seems like brands are trying to build more complete product portfolios. Let’s hope they let Minox be Minox.

GOD Bless America
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
minox scope warranty = nightmare

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunscrew
minox scope warranty = nightmare

My experience with them last year was excellent.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have had excellent warranty service from Minox.It does not matter who owns them,they will service what they make.Most products a 10 year supply of parts is on hand by law.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM
Surprised that Doug continue to push such companies that come and go like Zen-Ray. Well, maybe not...

What companies do I "continue to push such companies that come and go like Zen-Ray"?

When we sold Zen-Ray we made it abundantly clear that Zen-Ray was owned and run by a guy names Charles and if/when something happens to Charles the future of Zen-Ray is questionable. Well, 2 Octobers ago Charles stopped returning calls and e-mails. It's as if he fell off the face of the planet.

Charles (Zen-Ray) knew where to source product. He didn't do or offer anything revolutionary. He sold the same products many other bands offered at a lower price. He did this for 12-13 years and then disappeared. There are similar companies that popped up in the last few years, started by guys who have been in this industry for a long time who also know where to source product. Tract, Maven, and others. These are direct to consumer companies and offer, from what I understand, good products at sharp pricing. Will one of these guys who used to work at a major brand be offered a great job with good pay and benefits by a major company and decide that's better for him and his family and disappear like Zen-Ray did. Maybe, who knows.

We represent what we have found to be quality products from reputable companies we feel will be here to assist with any issues.

Many of you are aware we have been in talks with March scopes for a while now. We want to offer their scopes, however, we will not do so until they have some quality infrastructure here in the US. We choose not to sell their scopes at the moment as we do not feel that having to send any issues back to Japan is efficient.

When Minox was under the Leica umbrella we handled Minox. About a year after Blaser took it over (IMO to get the intellectual property to offer under the Blaser brand) we stopped handling Minox. In that year Minox did nothing new, had basically nobody at SHOT at their booth and Blaser showed little interest in non-Blaser dealers when it came to Minox.
We are still a Minox authorized dealer, however, we no longer stock their optics and only handle it as special order

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Thank you Doug for the information and response.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Im going to give Doug a vote of personal confidence. I can't count on two hands the amount of times I've called and spoken to he or Neil about items i didn't buy from them...and in some cases items they don't even sell for opinions and general questions. They have always gone above and beyond. Recent examples are an Olympus camera i recently sold in the classifieds and a european binocular i recently traded into.

They are first class...and really know how to take care of customers...even pockets hanging out broke-asses like me.

P.S. Ill get my lay-away taken care of ASAP guys LOL

P.P.S Zan-Ray's 13 year run was far better than half the rifle companies people wax poetically about on this very forum..cant fault Camera Land NY for that

GOD Bless America
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Farmboy1
Originally Posted by Springcove

What do you mean cleaning them up ? I would like to learn about what that means.

I’ve never had an issue with my HG 10x43. Quite frankly they are excellent glass. I’ve gotten a lot of great service out of them. I bought mine from Doug many years ago. At the time a big purchase for me in the bingo world. As far as cleaning them, I’ve sent them back twice for general inspection and cleaning. Above and beyond is an understatement. The first go round they even put objective covers on them. When I bought mine, they didn’t come with the binocular. They were all over the service end of it. The last time I got them back was last year and I’ve not even taken them out of the case to keep them perfect. I bought a set of Ultravid HD’s.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 13 invisible), 1,546 guests, and 921 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,720
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.