Hop To
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by BadHabit
Didn't care for about all of the fuggers when I was there. 35 years later I still dont miss them and could probably only name an handful. I moved on and away from high school and like to think I have been much more successful than most.

How are you "much more successful than most" of your schoolmates?

I knew some busy body was gonna ask that.

Master's degree. Own my own business. Strong 6 figure income. Wife and 2 small kids. Able to do what I want to do. Very happy in all respects.

Thank you and have a nice day.

At one with the gun.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I lost my wife of 61 years last fall. One of her best high school friends lost her husband about a month later.

We have talked...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by deflave
Anybody that contacts old flames is a fugkin' loser.

Anybody that has a "friend" that is of the opposite sex is either full of schit, or a f a g g o t.

> a lot of truth in these words

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
I lost my wife of 61 years last fall. One of her best high school friends lost her husband about a month later.

We have talked...

God Bless you both.

Lynn

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Anybody that has a "friend" that is of the opposite sex is either full of schit, or a f a g g o t.

Broad brush.

I don't disagree.

I have always believed most affairs (not counting serial offenders) start off innocently. Two people spending a lot of time together. Become friends, then confidants....worked with a guy who took his buddies wife. It started during
long car rides for business. When the new couple got married, they made a pact to never get in a car with someone of the opposite sex, alone. Hmmm?

That's been my working policy since our engagement. In my job and life, close interaction alone with women is quite limited. But if it isn't, I look for
danger signs and need them.

Looking up an old girl friend is nothing but danger if you are married. If you are married. Single? First thing find out if she is married before acutally contacting her.

I have made electronic contact with a couple female's from the past,
all initiated by them. We had good interaction and my family was the
first thing I mentioned, intentionally. One, made me uncomfortable,
And I just quit responding.

AcesnEights post was great, and excatly how i feel.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

That's because yours still wanna press charges.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by FishinHank
She wasn't my girlfriend in high school but I had a huge crush on her. Messaged her out of the blue about 10 months ago and we have been talking every day since. Found out she had a crush on me back then but we were both too shy to do anything about it. That has changed now. She is married but its been on the rocks for a couple of years. Kids keep them together.

Does her husband know she's talking to you every day?

If not, what makes you think she won't hide stuff from you?

This one has train wreck written all over it, for everyone involved.

Amen! If she cheats on him, she'll cheat on him too, and the next and the next and the next.

I hope they are blessed with everything they deserve in life.

Miss Lynn

Last edited by Miss_Lynn; 05/10/20. Reason: Oops, Sorry Birdwatcher
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I deal in principles. Not emotion.

Anybody that contacts an old flame is a fugkin' loser.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I deal in principles. Not emotion.

Anybody that contacts an old flame is a fugkin' loser.

Anybody that does not deal in emotion is a fugkin loser....

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Millions of women would agree with you.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn
Originally Posted by FishinHank
She wasn't my girlfriend in high school but I had a huge crush on her. Messaged her out of the blue about 10 months ago and we have been talking every day since. Found out she had a crush on me back then but we were both too shy to do anything about it. That has changed now. She is married but its been on the rocks for a couple of years. Kids keep them together.

Does her husband know she's talking to you every day?

If not, what makes you think she won't hide stuff from you?

This one has train wreck written all over it, for everyone involved.

Amen! If she cheats on him, she'll cheat on him too, and the next and the next and the next.

I hope they are blessed with everything they deserve in life.

Miss Lynn

Hank, you need to get out more.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Bro...

He lives in Alaska.

Options are limited.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Bro...

He lives in Alaska.

Options are limited.

Maybe he could get seasonal permits.

LMAO.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Millions of women would agree with you.

Any deep caring person of either sex understands that emotions play a huge role in any meaningful relationship. That includes anyone who is in church n this Mother's Day...and those of us who are not...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

I'll give I'll get birdie winning points on that round

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by travelingman1
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Anyone ever had a hankering to reach out to an old high school girlfriend just to say "hi" and see how she's doing? Anything weird about that? TIA

If you do, tell your girlfriend/wife/partner/OH first, and see what she has to say about it. If she is good with it, great, if not decide who is worth more to you. Be honest with her, and with yourself. She has the right to know, and I am sure if she was thinking the same thing, you would want to know, upfront so that the final decision is understood by both.

If you are thinking about the other one and feel the need/urge in any way for the other one, tell your girlfriend/wife/partner/OH. I and the women I know, don't want to be kept in a relationship by lies or omissions. Thinking, wanting, needing, desiring contact with another in any way, is fair when you are single, not when you are involved at any level in a relationship. If you are okay with it, tell her, and tell her if she wants to stay with you for the time being, then all is fair, and she is welcome to leave or start her "own" private life outside of your life together. Tit for Tat.

No judgement here, just saying it from the perspective of a woman. And one other thing, if you have children with your girlfriend/wife/partner/OH, remember what you are teaching them about love and respect and family and decency.

Hopefully, you will take into consideration any boyfriend/husband/partner/OH she may have in her life and how he is going to feel and be affected by it, and her children of course if she has any.

God Bless you and yours.

Miss Lynn

Miss Lynn, Well said but I would add that this happens just as much with women contacting old flames as men. Maybe even more. At least that has been my observation.

In the brief time that I was on Facebook, I had several reach out to me. I made myself scarce.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

We have talked...

I wish you the very best, Bowsinger, and condolences for the loss of your wife.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Actually still in touch with a couple of old girlfriends. Perhaps better to say I never lost touch with them?

Talked to my very first, hand holding type girlfriend just the other day. Her niece just passed at 42 years old from complications of symptoms very similar to The Corona. Blood clot finished her apparently (sister's daughter. Sister who I am still friends with too) . Have been to her wedding, her daughter's wedding and other events in her life over the years, and vice versa. Her house had its 15 minutes of fame, perhaps some remember the firefighters saving a flag off a porch during one of many big Cali wildfires?

Texted another just the other day too, to see how she's dealing with The Corona. Being as how she's like me, over 60, and on her third liver I thought it might be nice to know how she's dealing with it.

Have run into others over the years too. One from high school was not my girlfriend, but that of a friend who went to a different HS. She ended up working for a Vet where my brother lived, asked him once if he knew me, and we then got together for a coffee. I found out then she had a crush on me, and wondered why I never asked her out. I told her I didn't go after other dude's women. She said I should have. And she was a hottie. Oh well, by that time we were both married or involved.

Been a few others too.

Some coincidence, that picture of the firemen is the screen saver on my laptop.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

We have talked...

I wish you the very best, Bowsinger, and condolences for the loss of your wife.

L.W.

Condolences from here also, Bowsinger.

On another note: A married couple around the corner are getting a divorce after 50 years of marriage. You couldn't figure out you were incompatible before you hung out together for 50 years? WTH?

Plus, the she has a restraining order on the he. He is living 30 miles away in South Dade. Can't even pick up his tools.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Nope! We’ve had topics like this before and my answers are always the same. I’m confident in who I am and don’t need the superficial affections of other women to boost my self-confidence. I’ve never contacted any of my ex’s, no reason to. I love my wife and I love the life we’ve built together. My wife is the one that’s been by my side through thick and thin. My wife has taken care of me when I was sick, hung over or recovering from surgery. My wife has been there by my side through the loss of friends and family and the rock I needed when I was at my weakest. She’s seen the worst of me and she still loved me. My wife gave birth to the blessings that are our children and TOGETHER we’ve raised those children into intelligent, capable, kind and successful young adults. My wife is a beautiful, sweet and extremely intelligent woman that any guy would be lucky to have. I know that I could spend the next 100 years looking for someone to equal her but I wouldn’t find it..... I have no desire to contact any of my ex-girlfriends. I have no animosity towards any of them and I realize that they all contributed, some in small ways and some in bigger ways, towards making me the man I am today.

For me and me alone, I feel that contacting or even trying to contact an ex is disrespectful to my family and the life we’ve built. I have a few great friends, a loving and healthy family, a devoted wife and a personal relationship with our Lord.....my life is complete. I didn’t build this life on my own nor do I continue to enjoy this life alone. My wife is more than my partner, she’s my best friend and confidant. She is IRREPLACEABLE so reaching out to an ex would be an irresponsible, disrespectful exercise in futility. No matter how innocuous, no matter how platonic my intentions would be should I reach out to an ex I don’t see any reason to do it......I do see a hundred reasons not to do it though.

I hope they’re all doing well and living a happy life but as far as I’m concerned they’re all in my rear view mirror and I’m charging forward with my sweetheart, happily and gratefully living the life God has blessed me with and thanking him everyday for giving me everything I could’ve dreamed of.

You have perfectly captured the thoughts, feeling and experiences I have about my wife but I am not so good at making a coherent sentence to capture my feelings. I had it bad for her for a long time but we seemed to want something else for a little while. I can't imagine my life without her.
I told her I would sell this house we are in in a split second if I lost her. I could not imagine being in it without her.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

272 members (204guy, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 29aholic, 219 Wasp, 34 invisible), 2,321 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,870
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.