Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Finding any 9mm stuff locally is impossible, so I was going to mail order some instead. I just read that 9mm NATO is hotter than 9mm Luger. I just want to run some fmj stuff through it to smooth it up some. I’m not saving cases. Is 115 grain stuff any easier on the gun than 124 grain? I can’t tell any difference in recoil, but some cases eject out farther than others, so they might be hotter loads.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
last several ive broken in.. Kahr cw9's and cm9. Sig p365's and p365xl's. I've used a mix of cheap brass and steel case.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Speer Lawman and S&B have been good pistol ammo for me, regardless of caliber.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Any of the major brands. We use it all at our range-Remington, Winchester, Federal, Magtech, S&B, Fiocchi.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
You can sit on the couch watching "the view" while cycling the slide by hand and accomplish the same thing.

IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by dla
You can sit on the couch watching "the view" while cycling the slide by hand and accomplish the same thing.

Do you really have to watch the view?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Buy whatever is cheapest.

No the 115 won't be easier on the gun. Matter of fact, a lot of the 115gr FMJ stuff is loaded pretty warm.

Working the slide does not accomplish the same thing as running ammo through a new pistol.

dla is a fugktard.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by deflave

No the 115 won't be easier on the gun. Matter of fact, a lot of the 115gr FMJ stuff is loaded pretty warm.

Working the slide does not accomplish the same thing as running ammo through a new pistol.

dla is a fugktard.

Yes it does. Thats is exactly how you lap slides. What the hell do you think "break in" is anyway?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Properly greased slide will suffer little wear.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe

Properly greased slide will suffer little wear.

True. So you degrease, use a little water, and cycle away.

But todays pistols rarely require a break in anyway.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by dla

Do you really have to watch the view?

No. My apologies - that was way over the top.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by dla

dla is a fugktard.

Yes it does. Thats is exactly how you lap slides. What the hell do you think "break in" is anyway?

Actually shooting the weapon smooths up any small irregularities in the breechface, extractor hook, magazine feed lips, trigger.

You won't get any of that watching Martha Stewart and Snoop Dogg cooking up some munchies.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The only time I've done a deliberate break-in, per the manufacturer's suggestion was with a Kahr CW9. A 200 round break-in is recommended. I used some cheapo Winchester 115gr steel case. The pistol never bobbled.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Unless you have purchased a "custom" pistol ie: Wilson, Ed Brown, Baer etc, break-in is redundant. Like asking, if I just bought a Makita 18V cordless drill, what would be the correct type of wood to drill to "break it in"? Todays modern, common factory pistols have tolerances that just do not require breaking in, about the only thing that might not work is the particular type ammunition, bullet design used or a piss poor magazine came with it.
I bought a Wilson Super Grade back in 1988 when I was into IPSC, he suggested some form of break in, but that sunofabitch ran flawless from first magazine full, to the several hundred thousandth round I ever put thru it.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
My cheap ammo is PMC or WW whitebox.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by dla

dla is a fugktard.

I'm pretty sure there are more parts in a handgun than the slide.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
The only time I've done a deliberate break-in, per the manufacturer's suggestion was with a Kahr CW9. A 200 round break-in is recommended. I used some cheapo Winchester 115gr steel case. The pistol never bobbled.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I have a theory that a couple hundred rounds of the steel cased stuff is probably the best choice for the job.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JefeMojado
Unless you have purchased a "custom" pistol ie: Wilson, Ed Brown, Baer etc, break-in is redundant. Like asking, if I just bought a Makita 18V cordless drill, what would be the correct type of wood to drill to "break it in"? Todays modern, common factory pistols have tolerances that just do not require breaking in, about the only thing that might not work is the particular type ammunition, bullet design used or a piss poor magazine came with it.
I bought a Wilson Super Grade back in 1988 when I was into IPSC, he suggested some form of break in, but that sunofabitch ran flawless from first magazine full, to the several hundred thousandth round I ever put thru it.

Agreed.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Originally Posted by dla

dla is a fugktard.

Actually shooting the weapon smooths up any small irregularities in the breechface, extractor hook, magazine feed lips, trigger.

You won't get any of that watching Martha Stewart and Snoop Dogg cooking up some munchies.

Trigger - yes. Feed lips - maybe. Breechface & extractor hook? - sure, go ahead and believe that soft brass is going to polish hardened steel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

481 members (1badf350, 219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 160user, 12344mag, 219DW, 55 invisible), 2,350 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,150
Posts18,502,837
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.