Too much damage done to be otherwise.

Any guesses?

I think soon. Very soon.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
July

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No crash.

Dems got it figured out.

$2k / month til this China flu is “over”.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Not gonna happen. We've already hit the low point. It's all up hill from here. Things are starting to open up and by this Fall we'll be going strong again.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
After the acquittals. Civilization is fragile, especially given these economic conditions.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Not gonna happen. We've already hit the low point. It's all up hill from here. Things are starting to open up and by this Fall we'll be going strong again.

that's what I think......also people.....most people ….see how overblown this whole thing is and are fed up.....going to get back to normal....bob

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Once reality sets in, that is...

Any guesses?

I think soon. Very soon.

It's already started. Businesses closed and will never reopen. Job cuts and pay cuts at large companies that will not be rescinded. In 2021 there will be HUGE tax increases. How else will the feds pay for these freebiemoochies?

Except for businesses like Amazon, most others will stay open at a lower level for years. Lower level means less employment.

How can major league sports and concerts survive if social distancing makes them cut attendance by 75%?

Before the lockdown, the average American couldn't save $400 for an emergency. Now there are 33,000,000 kicked out of work. Mortgage payments will fail. Loans will not be repaid. Banks will fail unless the feds bail them out. If they do bail them out, the fed debt will just slow growth for a decade or more.

Those who think there will be a V-shaped recovery are delusional. A more likely scenario is that Trump will lose the election (Biden is helped by being locked down in his basement) and the country will have had it.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Once reality sets in, that is...

Any guesses?

I think soon. Very soon.

What damage do you see that would mean a "crash" was inevitable and a crash in what aspect?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BobMt

that's what I think......also people.....most people ….see how overblown this whole thing is and are fed up.....going to get back to normal....bob

While the panic of C19 is much overblown, I see the opposite of the economic repercussions.

People don't have a clue yet about what has been lost, and is never coming back. It will affect is all in one way or another.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Before the lockdown, the average American couldn't save $400 for an emergency. Now there are 33,000,000 kicked out of work. Mortgage payments will fail. Loans will not be repaid. Banks will fail unless the feds bail them out. If they do bail them out, the fed debt will just slow growth for a decade or more.

Do you personally know of anyone that has currently fallen behind with their mortgage payments?

IC B3

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by JeffA

Do you personally know of anyone that has currently fallen behind with their mortgage payments?

No but I know of some who have not paid their rent.

If this is not a problem, why are the dems talking about laws preventing evictions of those who do not pay mortgages or rents? Such laws will just make the landlords go broke.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

This is what I choose to believe.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I don't think anybody knows. I used to think I knew something about macroeconomics, but now realize I don't know schit.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If this is not a problem, why are the dems talking about laws preventing evictions of those who do not pay mortgages or rents? Such laws will just make the landlords go broke.

I'm one of those landlords but I was in a position that I was able to waive my tenets rents for a few months.
Funny thing, it was much to their objection....I did it anyway..I'll start collecting rents again the first of June, notices have been sent.....

My view is rather limited but I know a young couple with one child that I have been observing, I've helped them in the past not due to short comings for life basics but more so to enable them to seize the moment when good deals came their way to better themselves.

Their situation has been this, shes a stay at home mom with a 10 year old son, dad has been unemployed due to current events and they have a small mortgage payment..
They received $2900.00 in stimulus cash while he was awaiting the slow turning wheels of his UE claim.
With the $2900.00 and some savings they were cruising along OK, all bills paid, it took weeks for the UE determination but when it came through his first check was for $4500.00.

Their covered for now and his bi-weekly UE checks are $1600.00 with the bonus money that was applied.
They are enjoying their time off and looking to buy a new truck....

This is the only folks I truly know that have shared their financial information with me, so my view is limiting.

What do others know for a fact?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

This is what I choose to believe.

This is also what I want to think...

The best sign so far is all the protest of the pandemic crap being extended, everyone needs to keep fighting this and the ones in charge will get the picture soon enough......

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I'm one of those landlords but I was in a position that I was able to waive my tenets rents for a few months.
Funny thing, it was much to their objection....I did it anyway..I'll start collecting rents again the first of June, notices have been sent.....

My view is rather limited but I know a young couple with one child that I have been observing, I've helped them in the past not due to short comings for life basics but more so to enable them to seize the moment when good deals came their way to better themselves.

Their situation has been this, shes a stay at home mom with a 10 year old son, dad has been unemployed due to current events and they have a small mortgage payment..
They received $2900.00 in stimulus while he was awaiting the slow turning wheels of his UE claim.
With the $2900.00 and some savings they were cruising along OK, all bills paid, it took weeks for the UE determination but when it came through his first check was for $4500.00.

Their covered for now and his bi-weekly UE checks are $1600.00 with the bonus money that was applied.
They are enjoying their time off and looking to buy a new truck....

This is the only folks I truly know that have shared their financial information with me, so my view is limiting.

What do others know for a fact?

In speaking with some lower wage people a week or so back I discovered that not only were they fine with things, some were doing better than when they were working. LOL

I don't know anybody that wouldn't go to a NHL game tomorrow, if they were allowed to.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave

In speaking with some lower wage people a week or so back I discovered that not only were they fine with things, some were doing better than when they were working. LOL

I don't know anybody that wouldn't go to a NHL game tomorrow, if they were allowed to.

Same with the young couple I speak of, those were some big chunks of change for them when the Stimulus check and UE came through, they are happy as clams.....Hitting the lakes and rivers of Montana fishing 3 or 4 times a week.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by deflave

...and the majority of America said, "What's the NHL?"...............

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The China Plague pause made several of the old Austin restaurants decide to hang it up.
Most were on the verge anyway because of taxes and real estate prices
I'm pretty sure the iconic Threadgill's Restaurant on N. Lamar will be replaced
by 300-400 apartments.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Indy, don't be such a Debbie Downer man. This is the greatest country on Earth. Keep in mind that Americans love to work and make money. Capitalism is what sets us apart from the rest of the world and we will bounce back. Yes, it might take a while. But the economy was so strong when this started, I think things will turn around pretty quick. We sell construction material and we've been lucky enough to remain open and our sales are UP from last year. There's not as much death and despair as the MSM is trying to make everyone believe. You have to think positive and keep an optimistic outlook in your head or it'll drive you crazy.

This whole thing will help Trump win in November and the Republicans will take the House and keep the Senate. MAGA.

If Biden wins in November, then we are screwed.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

204 members (257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 19 invisible), 1,659 guests, and 1,048 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,120
Posts18,483,620
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.