Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
CNN Buries Its Own Poll Results on Trump’s Favorability. Guess Why.
Kyle Smith
National ReviewMay 13, 2020, 9:13 PM EDT

Well, that’s interesting, I thought, as I noted that the RealClearPolitics homepage stated that President Trump was tied for his all-time high in CNN polling. Then I went over to the CNN homepage for confirmation. Guess what I found?

The main story was about a church that lost 44 parishioners to COVID-19. The second-most prominent story told us that “Grocery Prices Are Soaring” (which is true if you think that a 2.6 percent increase in April should be called “soaring”), the third-most-prominent item told us, “Doctors treating coronavirus patients are seeing odd and frightening syndromes.” Running down the rail on the right we were given such important developments as “Man refusing to wear a mask breaks arm of Target employee,” “CNN Investigates: He’s willing to get Covid-19 to speed up vaccine efforts,” “Five surfers die after huge layer of sea foam hampers rescue” and “How coronavirus spread from one member to 87% of the singers at a choir practice.”

Only after all of this stuff did we learn that CNN has a new poll out, under the headline, “CNN Poll: Biden tops Trump nationwide, but battlegrounds tilt Trump.” Polls are expensive, news organizations tend to hype them breathlessly to generate headlines in rival media outlets, Wednesday was (obviously) a slow news day, and politics is one of CNN’s core topics. Yet CNN seemed oddly unenthused about its own poll. And the story to which the homepage linked doesn’t mention that Trump had never scored higher in a CNN poll. True, there are lots of noisy data in the piece, most of which cut against Trump. But on the other hand the single most surprising and hence most newsworthy detail of the poll was that Trump holds a seven-point lead over Biden in the battleground states. The CNN story doesn’t even tell us what that figure is — seven points seems like a pretty big number — and downplays its own finding by noting, “Given the small sample size in that subset of voters, it is difficult to determine with certainty whether the movement is significant or a fluke of random sampling.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cnn-buries-own-poll-results-011348264.html

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Here's what I don't understand.

1. CNN is a business.

2. It sells ads. It makes more money from ads if it has more viewers.

3. Fox has a lot more viewers than CNN.

4. If I owned CNN I'd make it more conservative so I could make more money. Duh!

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
downplays its own finding by noting, “Given the small sample size in that subset of voters, it is difficult to determine with certainty whether the movement is significant or a fluke of random sampling.”
So they're saying that no matter what the results are, the small sample size negates the results. I wonder if they'd say that if Biden was ahead. If they admittedly poll such a small number so the results are meaningless, they why have the poll at all?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

1. CNN is a business.

4. If I owned CNN I'd make it more conservative so I could make more money. Duh!

CNN is run by Jeff Zucker. His vision for CNN is for a pushy network with "an attitude", as he put it. The harder he pushes the negative Trump?GOP?Conservative narritive, the more kudos he gets from the Left.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

1. CNN is a business.

CNN is owned by AT&T.

AT&T is also the parent company of mass media conglomerate WarnerMedia.

CNN International is very popular outside the United States, CNN is seen by millions around the world whether they like it or not, it is on 27/7 in airports and the like.

CHH doesn't lose money, and even if they did, it would be a small drop in the AT&T bucket, so they can afford to lose some change while still controlling the minds of the American brain dead voter.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by hatari

1. CNN is a business.

CNN is run by Jeff Zucker. His vision for CNN is for a pushy network with "an attitude", as he put it. The harder he pushes the negative Trump?GOP?Conservative narritive, the more kudos he gets from the Left.

And they are on TV screens in businesses like hotels and restaurants and malls and airports all over the world.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ever been polled? Who gets polled? I never have. I don't know anyone who has. Always wondered. Might be the reason polls are so seldom right.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Any poll has the same value as freshly used toilet paper...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

1. CNN is a business.

An agenda drives it. its bigger than that.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari

1. CNN is a business.

And the more discussion it garners. That discussion results in website hits. The fact that we talk about CNN and post links here regularly tells me that they are accomplishing what they want to. I will never watch their shows. I will never purposefully click on their links. The people who read or watch their crap then whine about them don't see the irony.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P

1. CNN is a business.

I'am sure CNN gets enough money from the Soros and kind to keep pushing their globalist ,leftist anti Trump agenda.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D

1. CNN is a business.

You are assuming there are no other revenue streams to cnn. That may not be the case.

NRA Patron
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Same polls that predicted that Hilldog was beating Trump! Polls are whatever these "noise stations " wish it to be! The proof is in the pudding.

MAGA! This is the way!
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
They have revenue streams from businesses all over the world. Those germans work together to have things their way.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

1. CNN is a business.

CNN is run by a bunch of Commie Libtards. Commie Libtards don't understand how capitalism works. It just does not compute in their small brains. Plus, that would go against their agenda.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 05/14/20.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Don't worry. If they are anything like MSN, the poll will resurface in a couple weeks. And the numbers will look totally different. All around, totally in favor of Uncle Joe...

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
the questions in the polls are carefully crafted to get a certain response. if Trump showed a 7 point lead in their poll you can bet a fair poll would show him at twice that, or more.

that is one reason to bury it.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Not surprised that CNN would bury polls favoring Trump.....Expect more deceit from CNN until Nov 3rd.....

National polls are meaningless.. Assuming they are honest,,LOL>>LOL,,,it is the battleground individual state polls that favor watching.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
They are run by Commies. We can’t expect anything else.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by javman
Same polls that predicted that Hilldog was beating Trump! Polls are whatever these "noise stations " wish it to be! The proof is in the pudding.

PREZACTLY!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (219DW, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1minute, 160user, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 2,354 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,187
Posts18,503,347
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.