-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think the carpet was standard on my Z and I like it. If I’d realized that the fiberglass in my old Glasstite was going to mold because of the water vapor from sleeping in the truck, I would have opened those screened side windows to dry it out. On those side windows, some guys are recommending the flip open option instead of the sliders. Consider what you are going to be able to reach in a tall truck through those flip up windows. I’m a normal 5’ 10” and the screened sliders sure made more sense to me for how I use my truck.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I hosed the interior of my bed and cap often with no issues at all.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There are horror stories with all brands.

I ordered an ARE CX for my taco and both the first and second one they shipped to my dealer didn’t fit (wrap over bedy they said the mold was bad. So ordered aN ARE V series basic cap and it was fine. A couple hundred thousand miles later the rear door frame slipped off the fiberglass lip. I was okay with it since I didn’t expect it to last forever. Funny enough the dealer argued with me and said it’s impossible for it to come off the way I described, never mind the fact that i had to re-install in the field, drive some sheet metal screws to get back from a scouting trip.

I got another ARE V series for my tundra this year. It’s fine except it doesn’t fit and I had to shim it up 3/8” so that the back wouldn’t rub paint off my bed. Mold is too short. Oh and one of the window frames sticks out 1/2” farther on one side than anywhere else. The dealer wouldn’t do anything to try and help me with the fit, wouldn’t even help me shim it up when I took it back to get adjusted. Reminds me I was planning on doing some clean up file work to fit it properly and haven’t got around to it yet.

I guess I wouldn’t expect it to be trouble free. And look over everything really really close before you cut the check. Windows, latches, clearance between bottom canopy and truck bed, everything.

Personally I like the regular rear door, the standard sliding side windows, and flip down front window with slider.

Sean
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have a Leer on my 2018 Ram...It has a few minor issue that bothered me in the beginning, but it is a top.

If you want to keep the dust out, you will need to seal around your tailgate, otherwise you will be pissing in the wind.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Sactoller,

Is that bottom picture from near Kremmling Colorado?

The one in camp, not the picture of your Pup.

Last edited by k22hornet; 05/14/20.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
That is on the Boise River in Idaho, last October.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Reba Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well I went to the dealer that sells Leer, Snug Top and ARE.

They had an ARE, the correct color in stock, so I bought it.

It had two things I didn't want, fold down sliding front window and carpet.

It does have the heavy Pet Screens on the sliders.

When the tailgate drops the BS stops.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Something to be said for getting it done and over with, otherwise you have to place an order and wait.

Last edited by 4th_point; 05/15/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I predict you will wind up liking the two features you didn’t want. I have had one shell without carpet and don’t really want another. I don’t wash my back glass much, but I have 2 of the fold in rear windows and they are handy and never have leaked. Enjoy the shell.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,437
Posts18,470,834
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.