Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by arky65
Closed on 3.7 acres 150' on the Caddo River here in SW Arkansas last Friday. Land on the Caddo keeps going up since we first bought 20 years ago. Paid full price only because it was fire sale priced, 3 lots up for sale on a Wednesday and all under contract next day.

Bought as investment or to build on if we get to the point we can't keep up the orchards and gardens here.

My avatar is pic of me on our gravel bar just up river of the lot we just bought.

Ain't skeered of no corona.

congrats!! I love fly fishing white river down by you but I need elk, big mountains, and skiing where I live

GB1

R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jimy
A quick zillow search shocked me, 125 grand an acre being considered normal to low, that seems beyond stupid to me, I thought people moved to Idaho to get away from people, if its what you want go for it, but there are plenty of places that that kind of money will buy a whole lot more !

Im renting a house now with land about a mile from the property. I see moose, small elk herds, deer, lots of turkeys almost every day hiking by house and fantastic fishing and skiing in area . Its worth it.

I guess good news is houses right by the property run 550k to over a a million six so should be decent investment . Golf course about 1/2 mile away. Downside no diversity in area and very low crime. Few mosquitos and ticks in area and 68 and sunny today and always low humidity which I love.

Last edited by ribka; 05/14/20.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
ribka great thing is you only have to please yourself and the wife! So when you closing?

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I know cash is the prudent move but mortgages can’t get any cheaper and a few years from now those that locked in long term silly low rates are going to feel pretty good about that decision

My debt to assets ratio is extremely low. I’ve considered borrowing more just because rates are so silly. I can make the payments on whatever I borrow without a worry though

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ShortMagFan
I know cash is the prudent move but mortgages can’t get any cheaper and a few years from now those that locked in long term silly low rates are going to feel pretty good about that decision

My debt to assets ratio is extremely low. I’ve considered borrowing more just because rates are so silly. I can make the payments on whatever I borrow without a worry though

You are right about that. I have been looking for another place here to buy. If they are going to give away money I'll do my best to take what I can of it.

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 05/14/20.

IC B2

R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
The banks, at least the ones Ive contacted, are not giving construction loans now due to virus so thinking to build it slowly with cash with sub contractors next year when costs are hopefully down then when finished get home appraised then get a loan because mortgage rates are so low now. I think with the virus they will have to stay low but who knows.

Then take out cash maybe on 70 per cent of it. Builders are quoting $220 to $240 a sq foot. I want to do for under $160 sq foot and do as much finish work myself.

Anyone done this?

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Sounds like you've already decided it's a good deal, and you've done your due diligence. You already got him to pull his pants down, don't let someone come in there and benefit from all your negotiations. Like the old saying goes, they ain't making any more, particularly desirable stuff.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
ribka great thing is you only have to please yourself and the wife! So when you closing?

Hopefully in a few weeks . You can tell Im bored today lol

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ribka

Hopefully in a few weeks . You can tell Im bored today lol

Awesome looking forward to seeing it. Post up pictures

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Seems like something you like, and want, and can afford.

Or, you know, you could wait until the second time you live, and get it then.

Its a beautiful lake and a very nice neighborhood. Do they have discharge laws (firearm)?

Buy it.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Im renting a house now with land about a mile from the property. I see moose, small elk herds, deer, lots of turkeys almost every day hiking by house and fantastic fishing and skiing in area . Its worth it.

I guess good news is houses right by the property run 550k to over a a million six so should be decent investment . Golf course about 1/2 mile away. Downside no diversity in area and very low crime. Few mosquitos and ticks in area and 68 and sunny today and always low humidity which I love.

Buy the damned thing!

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Hayden is just down the road from me. Welcome to the neighborhood!
This area seems like it won’t slow down growing. Folks seem to still me heading here even more as they watch their state governments during this pandemic.
The first question for the county is if they will require a site disturbance plan if it is mapped as steep in their GIS layer.
https://www.kcgov.us/DocumentCenter/View/1459/Site-Disturbance-Application-PDF

You’re probably over 10% slope and within 500’ of water so you’ll have to have a plan. It’s not too difficult but there will be some extra hoops and costs.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I know a guy that bought 20 acres in Montana about 15 years ago. Was next to a significant trout river. Paid about $250,000 for it and dumped it last year at $100,000.

NRA Patron
R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by nimrod1949
This area seems like it won’t slow down growing. Folks seem to still me heading here even more as they watch their state governments during this pandemic.
The first question for the county is if they will require a site disturbance plan if it is mapped as steep in their GIS layer.

You’re probably over 10% slope and within 500’ of water so you’ll have to have a plan. It’s not too difficult but there will be some extra hoops and costs.

Thanks. The county courthouse is shutdown and the Kootenai County website is really lacking for research and the county not returning my emails.
Appreciate the help. I'll run this by a local builder tomorrow who is from this area.

I owe you a good bottle of whatever is your choice of drink

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Thanks. The county courthouse is shutdown and the Kootenai County website is really lacking for research and the county not returning my emails.
Appreciate the help. I'll run this by a local builder tomorrow who is from this area.

You should buy a knife from him as well they are pretty dam good!

R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R

I would like a new bird/trout knife. Will reach out

Thanks

You should buy a knife from him as well they are pretty dam good!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 67 invisible), 2,969 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,849
Posts18,478,447
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.