Print Thread
Hop To
F
Filaman Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
Can anybody tell me how to adjust the trigger on my Charles Daly Zastava Commercial 98 Mauser? They say it's the same as the Interarms Mark X. But there's several different triggers there. It feels like it's about 4 pounds and I'd like to get it down to about 2.5, if possible.

Last edited by Filaman; 05/14/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The internet is your friend. Didn't watch this but it is a start. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_hb6pdDPps Lots of other forums on this topic.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
adamjp helped me out with this a few years ago and it worked well with my Zastavas:

With the barrel on the right side, trigger group pointing towards you. On a RH action, you will be looking at the ejection port side of the action.

Safety is adjusted by the screw on the centre right side - the one that rotates when you move the safey lever.

Trigger weight is adjusted by the one on the upper right side - partically obscured by the bolt that tensions the trigger group against the action.

Trigger take-up is the screw on the upper left side.

Trigger over-travel is the screw on the lower left side.

The locking nuts are metric and something like 8mm, 9mm in size (IIRC).

Start with screwing in the take-up until the action fires - back off 1/2 turn. Then screw in the overtravel until the rifle won't fire, back it out until it does - then add another 1/2 turn. Adjust weight last. If you back the weight out too far, the spring will not reset the trigger causing a very unreliable and dangerous firearm.

To get the trigger to a nice light level, take the spring out and replace it with one of similar length, but finer wire. Often cheap throwaway click pens have springs that are good for this. The trick is to find one with a coil dia. that is small enough to match the factory one.

F
Filaman Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
Tejano, the one in that video is either a model 70 style trigger or a military two stage trigger. Mine is similar to a Remington or a Timney in design, outwardly anyway. I don't know how similar they are on the inside. Anyway, Bobnob 17 I think has my trigger and gave me the procedure. We will see. Thanks anyway though.

Last edited by Filaman; 05/15/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
The one thing I will add, be certain to check for proper safety function after adjusting the trigger. Sample of one: When I adjusted the weight of pull down to where I wanted it, the safety would not fully engage. It would easily move forward into the "Fire" position. I was not aware of, nor did I see, a separate screw to specifically adjust the safety. For my left hand Zastava, chose to go the Timney trigger + Gentry safety route...

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (1OntarioJim, 1minute, 1234, 1badf350, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 54 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,567
Posts18,491,825
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.