Print Thread
Hop To
G
greydog Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Just saw a report about the state of Montana opening up in spite of the fact that covid cases are on the rise. Are they on the rise? Well, sort of. There was one new case reported yesterday while there were none the day before. I guess that is "on the rise" but it still seems like fake news to me. The truth is, the MSM is trying to build ratings with scare tactics and it's a load of crap. GD

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Covid 19 is going to need a good set of hiking boots to even be able to find somebody to infect in Montana! That's the biggest bunch of desolate nowhere land I've ever seen!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
greydog Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
There are pockets in Montana which could host a limited outbreak but limited is the word. Places like Missoula, Billings, Great Falls, and Kalispell are destinations for international and eastern travelers so they could have some cases and some spread but it is probably going to be localized. No place in Montana is a popular destination for Chinese, Iranian, or Italian travelers so the state dodged that bullet. In comparison, Calgary, Alberta, has an international airport and is a destination for a lot of Chinese travelers. Not surprising that they have a lot of covid cases.
The thing is, the mainstream media refuses to report facts and chooses to distort them instead. When they say "Montana is re-opening in spite of an increase in covid cases" , that is the epitome of "Fake News". GD

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Given the only case in this county (1 in Harney county) is a visitor, we could likely see a substantial increase from zero. If we get 1 or 2 it could ruin the general reopening.

Last edited by 1minute; 05/15/20.

1Minute
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Flathead County, MT, US (Kalispell)
May 15 UTC
Active 0
Confirmed 37
Deaths 2
Recovered 35

Unemployment claims fall again as Montana ends more closures
Last week marked the second week in a row with lower unemployment claim numbers

May 14, 2020 1:20 PM Mont.
New unemployment claim numbers in Montana dropped again last week as more coronavirus restrictions were eased and many restaurants, bars and other establishments re-opened.

The next wave of re-openings arrives Friday, when movie theaters, museums and gyms can resume business under restrictions for the first time since Gov. Steve Bullock ordered them shuttered March 20 to stem the spread of the virus.

Last week marked the second week in a row with lower unemployment claim numbers, after new applications for benefits had exploded beginning in late March and lasting through April.

Montana processed 3,443 new unemployment claims for the week ending May 9, according to federal data. That brings total claims to just over 104,000 since officials shut down much of the economy and Bullock issued a stay-at-home order for residents in late March.

The number of new claims was down 25% from the previous week.

“Extending unemployment benefits further encourages people not to work,” he said, adding that’s becoming become problematic for employers. “I get the sense folks want to get back to work and we should focus on that.”

The state reported no new cases of COVID-19 Thursday. To date, Montana has recorded 462 cases and 16 deaths, which are among the lowest per-capita infection and fatality rates in the U.S.

Only 15 cases are considered active and the number of currently hospitalized people has dropped to three.

As with restaurants and retail shops, the number of people allowed into any gyms, movie theaters and restaurants that reopen will be limited to 50 percent of normal capacity. Hand sanitizer must be widely available under a directive from Bullock, and employees and customers were encouraged to wear masks.

Many other commercial gathering places remain closed, including concert halls, bingo halls, bowling alleys and pools that are not in gyms or public accommodations such as hotels.

For most people, the coronavirus causes mild or moderate symptoms, such as fever and cough that clear up in two to three weeks. For some, especially older adults and people with existing health problems, it can cause more severe illness, including pneumonia, and death. The vast majority of people recover.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Covid 19 is going to need a good set of hiking boots to even be able to find somebody to infect in Montana! That's the biggest bunch of desolate nowhere land I've ever seen!
Jerry

Desolate!

Just the way I like it!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Word.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Jerry

Desolate!

Just the way I like it!!

Damn right!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Actually there were 4 new cases out of Bighorn County yesterday.

I wish more people thought it was desolate and hopefully nowhere!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by greydog
There are pockets in Montana which could host a limited outbreak but limited is the word. Places like Missoula, Billings, Great Falls, and Kalispell are destinations for international and eastern travelers so they could have some cases and some spread but it is probably going to be localized. No place in Montana is a popular destination for Chinese, Iranian, or Italian travelers so the state dodged that bullet. In comparison, Calgary, Alberta, has an international airport and is a destination for a lot of Chinese travelers. Not surprising that they have a lot of covid cases.
The thing is, the mainstream media refuses to report facts and chooses to distort them instead. When they say "Montana is re-opening in spite of an increase in covid cases" , that is the epitome of "Fake News". GD

Calgary also has 1.33 million people, more than all of Montana.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,573 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,576
Posts18,492,035
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.