Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Kellywk
Thankfully I’d read Massad Ayold enough to know not to carry handloads so I wasn’t worried about being prosecuted

Handloads for me aint an issue unless it’s flintlock.

The good ol’ days of Massad Ayoob and Evan Marshall.

Never having shot anybody, or seen anyone shot in person, over the years I’ve come to the conclusion that merely being able to shoot holes into the bad guy is 95% of it at least. Or as IIRC Evan Marshall hisself finally conceded re handguns “every caliber works about like every other caliber”.

Upon Ayoob’s recommendation I carried the 158gr PlusP .38 LSWCHP “FBI Load” in my trusty Airweight forever. But when I was ordering some anti-hog 147grain 9mm Hardcasts from Buffalo Bore I chanced upon their standard pressure version of that same .38 Special load.

Buffalo Bore stuff LOOKS like it’s assembled with love and must be better because it costs more 🙄 so that BBore stuff now resides in my Airweight.

The Professionals here have said that those in the know now pack 150 grain wadcutters in their snubbie revolvers nowadays. I do believe tho that fixed-sight S&W revolvers have always been regulated for a 158gr standard velocity round, and once in awhile it’s fun to plink with an Airweight.

I still have some two decades old Federal Nyclads for the Speed Strips, they don’t leave lead on everything. Only thing is I lost the box so I forget what weight bullet.

At the two rounds center mass at the seven-yards-or-less range I practice tho, bullet weight/trajectory ain’t that big a deal.

Massad Ayoboob really knows his stuff.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I wish you’d post that “every caliber works about like every other caliber” data table again, it would generate traffic and you could write mean words to strange men on the internet for days.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, Man.......................laughin' here.

MM

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
First bullchitter don't got a chance here.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Yeah, Man.......................laughin' here.

MM

Uh oh, I have apparently stumbled into the realm of secret knowledge again eek

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Arresting people ( in general) requires a lot of work.

I avoid it as much as possible.

When did part time mall cops get to start arresting people?

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Yeah. Defacto. Sorta.

Late night at a gas station last year filing up. 3 dindus came up and started asking about my Saleen. One then lifted up his hoodie and showed me his pistolo tucked in his belt. One of the other two did the same. Told me to give up the wallet.

Told them okay be cool, just a sec, pulled the nozzle out of the filler and hosed all 3 down from face to foot with 93 octane Shell. All caught on camera. They didn’t go far. Phhuuuccckkin gasoline everywhere. Pushed my Saleen away from it.

Cop chewed my asss out for ‘what could have happened ‘. She had a point, I guess.

Other than that I try to mind my own business.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I was hunting with a Professional Hunter in Kamanjab Namibia in May 2019 when we heard dogs barking where there shouldn’t be any. Turns out, two native poachers had just killed a Warthog that their dogs had cornered. When we approached them, we told them to drop their weapons and put their hands behind their heads. My PH Jan called the National Police, who came, arrested the two poachers, and threw them in a paddy wagon. The cop told us one of the bad guys had just been released from prison after serving a long sentence for murder! Had they decided to shoot it out with us, they would have regretted it.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
What type of firearms were the warthog poachers using, an AK47?

Those African poachers are some bad dudes from what I’ve heard and read. Nice job getting them busted and hopefully back where they belong......an African prison,

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mom and Dad used to get Travelers Advisories for poachers in Kenya when they lived there and used to run around on the weekends in the big reserves.

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Im not gonna arrest anybody.
Leave em alone or kill em.
Try my best to avoid stuff too.
Carry ammo is mid heavy at max
Doesnt matter what cartridge

Still want a scandium J.
Corbons in it are wicked.
Couple buds run em.

Last edited by hookeye; 05/15/20.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
I don't understand how someone can say it's not their job or duty to look out for one another. There's plenty bad guys out there and they hope the good guys will roll over instead of protect one another. Some guys on here act like girls or worse.

No one is saying they aren't willing to look out for one another. There's a huge difference between stepping in when needed and "arresting" someone. In one case you'd be detaining someone and depriving them of their basic civil rights with zero training on how and when you can do that. And in the process risking everything in a lawsuit, or worse. You never know who's packing. How many people even know the laws on citizens arrests in their state?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
What type of firearms were the warthog poachers using, an AK47?

Those African poachers are some bad dudes from what I’ve heard and read. Nice job getting them busted and hopefully back where they belong......an African prison,

The weapons were NOT AK47’s- they were old beat up bolt actions. Luckily , the family that owns the ranch we hunted on is the brother of the Minister of the Treasury for Namibia- the second most powerful guy in the country. As a repeat offender, the murderer may not ever get out of prison. His buddy was scared sh*tless when we caught them. He sensed that we meant business and was in a heap of trouble.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests
Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Originally Posted by Starman
You know, the lumbering lard ass that says he has found Jesus, but still struggles with eating disorders and obesity ,
side-effected by his statin cholesterol drugs, and opiodes for his backpain or bum knees,
..could also be suffering from crippling gout and nursing a serious ingrown toenail he is too afraid to see a doc about,
so he perseveres with it like a real trooper but also like a cripple, tenderly hobbling into church, finding it hard to simply
sit or stand, or concentrate well on anything- be it his surroundings or church service to his God.

CF types are also partial to their hard liquor, so apart from the drowsiness , dizziness, difficulty sleeping, headches, nausea ,
tiredness, mood swings etc, caused by their meds, they may also be adversely effected from last nights drinks.

If those compounding issues are not enough, then theres the underlying emotionally inept aspect, Some cannot even keep
their cool in CF keyboard battles, getting all flustered-emotional, erratic, irrational, and losing the plot.

bUt hey don't worry....cause they will try and have you believe they will keep their head screwed-on when someone is emptying
a 12 guage in their direction...cause they have attained a Skillset from punching static cardboard badguys that have never
shot back, have been reading Ayoob for 25 yrs and watching John Boy Correia Utube tutorials on active self protection.

They like to believe that from all that (and a bit of prayer help from Jesus)... they are piping schitt hot physically and mentally prepped,
poised and ready to proficiently engage any active shooter at any moments notice /or split-second the starters gun is fired.

course if it gets too hot in the kitchen, they can take opportune cover with their sidearm behind the pews with all the innocents
still huddled in their seats that they are supposed to be protecting and re-emerge to rush forward , ..when the dust is already
beginning to settle.

end.

I would not recommend any incapacitated CF member like I described
attempt a C/A, almost sure to screw it up.

Even knuckle dragging RockApe with 9 years in LE
had to come to the CF pleading for advice on how to deal
with an ordinary domestic about his neighbor and dog.

Rock let's his dog roam loose on a public road.
then comes here Bitching and moaning and accusing
someone of trying to run his dog over... TFF.

about as dumb and clueless as that other x cop
Greg McMichael.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

You know, the lumbering lard ass that says he has found Jesus, but still struggles with eating disorders and obesity ,
side-effected by his statin cholesterol drugs, and opiodes for his backpain or bum knees,
..could also be suffering from crippling gout and nursing a serious ingrown toenail he is too afraid to see a doc about,
so he perseveres with it like a real trooper but also like a cripple, tenderly hobbling into church, finding it hard to simply
sit or stand, or concentrate well on anything- be it his surroundings or church service to his God.

CF types are also partial to their hard liquor, so apart from the drowsiness , dizziness, difficulty sleeping, headches, nausea ,
tiredness, mood swings etc, caused by their meds, they may also be adversely effected from last nights drinks.

If those compounding issues are not enough, then theres the underlying emotionally inept aspect, Some cannot even keep
their cool in CF keyboard battles, getting all flustered-emotional, erratic, irrational, and losing the plot.

bUt hey don't worry....cause they will try and have you believe they will keep their head screwed-on when someone is emptying
a 12 guage in their direction...cause they have attained a Skillset from punching static cardboard badguys that have never
shot back, have been reading Ayoob for 25 yrs and watching John Boy Correia Utube tutorials on active self protection.

They like to believe that from all that (and a bit of prayer help from Jesus)... they are piping schitt hot physically and mentally prepped,
poised and ready to proficiently engage any active shooter at any moments notice /or split-second the starters gun is fired.

course if it gets too hot in the kitchen, they can take opportune cover with their sidearm behind the pews with all the innocents
still huddled in their seats that they are supposed to be protecting and re-emerge to rush forward , ..when the dust is already
beginning to settle.

end.

I would not recommend any incapacitated CF member like I described
attempt a C/A, almost sure to screw it up.

Even knuckle dragging RockApe with 9 years in LE
had to come to the CF pleading for advice on how to deal with an ordinary domestic aboutv his neighbor and dog... TFF.

Well,,,,,,,,,,,we’ve always got your pseudo baddazz to show everyone how to do it.

Most comforting.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I carry all the time but life is pretty slow here in Northwestern Vt.

living the good life every day
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never made one, but have cause 2 people in the last month or so, to get tickets. They chose the tickets instead of getting arrested.

Both cases were where I was doing traffic control at an emergency situation and had people refuse to stop or detour as directed. Took down the license plate number and description of the driver, then turned it into the sheriff's office. Sheriff's office had someone contact the individual and gave them a choice...... ticket or arrest. Both took the ticket. Not sure what the fine is, but I don't figure it's a gimme.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by BulletBud
I was hunting with a Professional Hunter in Kamanjab Namibia in May 2019 when we heard dogs barking where there shouldn’t be any. Turns out, two native poachers had just killed a Warthog that their dogs had cornered. When we approached them, we told them to drop their weapons and put their hands behind their heads. My PH Jan called the National Police, who came, arrested the two poachers, and threw them in a paddy wagon. The cop told us one of the bad guys had just been released from prison after serving a long sentence for murder! Had they decided to shoot it out with us, they would have regretted it.

When I was hunting in Zimbabwe in 2011, my PH said that if we encountered poachers we would shoot to kill. We did apprehend one, unarmed with some dogs. But all we did was kick him off the concessin and tell him we would kill his dogs if we ever saw him again.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I've been involved in 5 or 6 citizens' arrests in the US. We had a plant in a bad neighborhood. Back in the '70s and '80s, guys would cut into our parking lot fence, find a car, and break the window to steal the aftermarket radios that were then popular. We had an alarm system that sometimes alerted us to run out and apprehend them.

One Winter a kid kept breaking in every morning about 9:30. After a couple of times, our maintenance guys tried to catch him but he ran away. The next day the cops sat on a rise in our parking lot, in their black and white, with the motor running (needed heat, I guess). Guess what? The kid didn't come. I asked the cops what they were doing and they said, "Deterrence." I asked them if they would be back the next day and they said they didn't know.

So we posted a lookout and also put an employee, an ex-cop, in a little garage. The kid came, our PA system sounded the code, the ex-cop handcuffed him, and we dragged him inside the plant. The cops came AN HOUR AND TWENTY ONE MINUTES after we called them and told them we were holding the crook. During that time I held him at gunpoint with a shotgun.

The cops took the kid around the block and let him go free. (Saves paperwork, don't ya know?)

The kid's only punishment was that someone clanged him on the head with my shotgun barrel.

He didn't return until five years later when he walked in and applied for a job!

That was in the '70s and '80s. Entirely different situation now. But because of situations like that, and an unresponsive city government, we eventually moved several hundred jobs out of that city and into plants in the suburbs.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by BulletBud

When I was hunting in Zimbabwe in 2011, my PH said that if we encountered poachers we would shoot to kill. We did apprehend one, unarmed with some dogs. But all we did was kick him off the concessin and tell him we would kill his dogs if we ever saw him again.

That would sure fix our poaching and trespassing problem in the US of A.

Life is good live it while you can.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1badf350, 10Glocks, 222ND, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 70 invisible), 2,410 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,704
Posts18,513,844
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.