Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by deflave
40oz,

Have you ridden the 450L's?

They got a fair amount of get up and go.

Way too much maintenance. I see dual sport as a spectrum. I'm on the end that's all about a comfortable cruiser and an ok dirt bike. I see the appeal of a more capable off road bike and less capable on the road. But my dream is cruising on highway, streets, forest roads and a little more.

Guy that goes by Woodzman on YouTube has an Africa Twin and a 250l. ( https://www.youtube.com/user/woodzman14/subscribe) Lots of videos. Worth watching. I've tempted to pick up a 250l for tough stuff, but then I talk to pin cushion boy and think better of that idea. (I lent my 240l to my nephew. It ain't coming back).

Unless you're going to have two or more bikes it's about the compromise.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I have the DL650 V-Strom for mostly highway, the KLR 650 for mostly logging roads, and the XR for enduro stuff. I'm thinking of picking up a 250 two-stroke Yamaha or Honda again; just because I like riding them. My wife urges me to forget about it but she urges me to avoid a lot of fun stuff. GD

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 40O
40oz,

Have you ridden the 450L's?

They got a fair amount of get up and go.

Way too much maintenance. I see dual sport as a spectrum. I'm on the end that's all about a comfortable cruiser and an ok dirt bike. I see the appeal of a more capable off road bike and less capable on the road. But my dream is cruising on highway, streets, forest roads and a little more.

Guy that goes by Woodzman on YouTube has an Africa Twin and a 250l. ( https://www.youtube.com/user/woodzman14/subscribe) Lots of videos. Worth watching. I've tempted to pick up a 250l for tough stuff, but then I talk to pin cushion boy and think better of that idea. (I lent my 240l to my nephew. It ain't coming back).

Unless you're going to have two or more bikes it's about the compromise.

I wouldn't use it as a daily rider. Just a street legal, dirt capable thing.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by greydog
I have the DL650 V-Strom for mostly highway, the KLR 650 for mostly logging roads, and the XR for enduro stuff. I'm thinking of picking up a 250 two-stroke Yamaha or Honda again; just because I like riding them. My wife urges me to forget about it but she urges me to avoid a lot of fun stuff. GD

The dealer in Hialeah sells a lot of stuff to guys that do the South American ADV thing. They say the V-Strom 650 is THE choice for that journey. They claim parts are readily available and that the 650 is hyper-reliable.

No idea if it's true but that's their big pitch.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
'Service intervals are scheduled at 600 miles for oil changes (1.22 quarts oil) and 1,800 miles for a valve check.' is what the 450l requires.

Have you looked at the Husqvarnas?

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 40O
'Service intervals are scheduled at 600 miles for oil changes (1.22 quarts oil) and 1,800 miles for a valve check.' is what the 450l requires.

Have you looked at the Husqvarnas?

I haven't really looked at any of them. I just remember trying a 450L and thinking "Jesus Christ!"

LOL

40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
'The little CRF250L has 8,000 mile service intervals, with the valve check waiting until 16,000 miles.'

I'll never use the performance the higher maintence bikes offer. Unless you have killer skill, the 250l is what I'm resisting.

Rep.Mitchell.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I like to ride without schitting my pants.

If possible.

I hope those days are behind me too. Last year, at 47 years old, I got all fired up and did single track at high elevations south of Salt Lake City. My lack of skills, fitness, and altitude acclimation made that trip not so much fun. At one point I thought about leaving the bike and walking out. eek Scratched that itch. Its over. Fast forward to present. Been doing a lot of road riding on the Ducati MultiStrada (its fast and I've a happy wrist). Makes everything else I ride feel slow. A few weeks ago I was on a Ducati Desert Sled on a loose gravel road going faster than I should (felt slow). Started sliding in a turn then the dreaded high side. Fractured Acromion (tip of shoulder). Luckily it wasn't bad enough for surgery. Nothing really to do for it other than wait. Feeling much better in the last few days. I swear this time I'm going to slow down.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 40O
'The little CRF250L has 8,000 mile service intervals, with the valve check waiting until 16,000 miles.'

I'll never use the performance the higher maintence bikes offer. Unless you have killer skill, the 250l is what I'm resisting.

That makes sense.

Thanks.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ctsmith

If possible.

I hope those days are behind me too. Last year, at 47 years old, I got all fired up and did single track at high elevations south of Salt Lake City. My lack of skills, fitness, and altitude acclimation made that trip not so much fun. At one point I thought about leaving the bike and walking out. eek Scratched that itch. Its over. Fast forward to present. Been doing a lot of road riding on the Ducati MultiStrada (its fast and I've a happy wrist). Makes everything else I ride feel slow. A few weeks ago I was on a Ducati Desert Sled on a loose gravel road going faster than I should (felt slow). Started sliding in a turn then the dreaded high side. Fractured Acromion (tip of shoulder). Luckily it wasn't bad enough for surgery. Nothing really to do for it other than wait. Feeling much better in the last few days. I swear this time I'm going to slow down.

Oh my God.

LOL.

Slow down bro.

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Crashing slow is much better than fast. I really like this particular area nearby. It's mostly dirt two-track that gets occasional pickups and more occasional side by sides. Other areas are too damned rocky for my tastes for having fun. Fighting chit ain't no fun to me, read, electric start only. LOL

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The DR650 Bush Pig, here's what I'm working with. These guys are a hoot.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The rest of the series. Get some.

--- Kid Rock 2022

40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ctsmith

If possible.

Yep, we don't bounce so good anymore. I'm wearing so much armor it takes a lot of the fun out of riding.

Rep.Mitchell.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Boomer ?

Left yet..........?

steaks & beer are ready.........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Boomer ?

Left yet..........?

steaks & beer are ready.........

I think the closest I'll get for some time is SLC next Monday and Tuesday!

Baling on OTR trucking and took a home daily year-around line-haul driving gig to start next week. SLC for some training. Come north, bring steaks! I should be good to go for a Friday/Saturday ride! TBD

--- Kid Rock 2022

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 40O

Yep, we don't bounce so good anymore. I'm wearing so much armor it takes a lot of the fun out of riding.

Isn't that the truth! Luckily I was all armored up in Klim off road adventure gear and didn't get a scratch. But I got to admit there are many days I just throw on a helmet go for short rides to the store, etc. Its so freaking refreshing.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

705 members (06hunter59, 16gage, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 70 invisible), 3,149 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,307
Posts18,526,115
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.