Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Trigger deep spending cuts? By .gov? LOL.

(Not so) Funny how that's never the answer.

OP, I wonder how ‘internal ‘ spending cuts by government would affect our economy ?

Projects, roads, municipal services, libraries, health clinics, etc., etc.
So your position is we need massive government programs for our economy to be strong.

Where in the phhhuucckk did I say that we “need” that ? I simply asked the question, that’s all. Like it or not, acknowledge it or not, those expenditures are a part of our economic system.

Try and discuss things without having to place someone in a box so that you can understand it . You don’t have to be a fuggin drama queen by adding statements like “massive”. Just try.

Yep, those expenditures are part of our economic system. That's why we have most unsustainable debt in the history of the planet. If all that same money were in the private sector, I guarantee, the results would be much different.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
[/quote]Well,,,,, I still like you, you Ole Curmudgeon !

Take that !!![/quote]...............Well gee..I still like you too there 'ol toots...........Although I am probably not quite as old as you are.
LOL>>>>>>>>LOL>>>>>>>>LOL>>>>>>>>>LOL.........Ya see? My arrows point to the right......LOL

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Trigger deep spending cuts? By .gov? LOL.

(Not so) Funny how that's never the answer.

OP, I wonder how ‘internal ‘ spending cuts by government would affect our economy ?

Projects, roads, municipal services, libraries, health clinics, etc., etc.
So your position is we need massive government programs for our economy to be strong.

Where in the phhhuucckk did I say that we “need” that ? I simply asked the question, that’s all. Like it or not, acknowledge it or not, those expenditures are a part of our economic system.

Try and discuss things without having to place someone in a box so that you can understand it . You don’t have to be a fuggin drama queen by adding statements like “massive”. Just try.

Yep, those expenditures are part of our economic system. That's why we have most unsustainable debt in the history of the planet. If all that same money were in the private sector, I guarantee, the results would be much different.

The point is that much of the money does go directly into the private sector. The state doesn’t build roads, contractors and their employees do. Same for bridges, parks, utilities, garbage pickup, bus services, and on it goes. They contract out works simply because their present legacy costs are killing them.

So, to summarize, it’s in the economy and it’s in the private sector. Period.

Now, is it done efficiently????
I think that we both know that answer.
Grins

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
[/quote]Well,,,,, I still like you, you Ole Curmudgeon !

Take that !!!
...............Well gee..I still like you too there 'ol toots...........Although I am probably not quite as old as you are.
LOL>>>>>>>>LOL>>>>>>>>LOL>>>>>>>>>LOL.........Ya see? My arrows point to the right......LOL[/quote]

Practice makes perfect, Squeeze so stay with it, Ole Boy.

BTW, I’m a young’un, actually.
I know, I know. Hard to believe ain’t it ?
Grins

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Well,,,,, I still like you, you Ole Curmudgeon !

Take that !!!
...............Well gee..I still like you too there 'ol toots...........Although I am probably not quite as old as you are.
LOL>>>>>>>>LOL>>>>>>>>LOL>>>>>>>>>LOL.........Ya see? My arrows point to the right......LOL[/quote]

Grins [/quote].....Oh yeah? Well exactly how young is a young 'UN?

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by hanco
Tax increases are coming

I believe so, too, Hanco.

Louisiana has taken it between the cheeks with Covid and oil prices.

And lack of Tort reform. And greedy politicians.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
"U.S. cities are projected to lose about $360 billion of revenue through 2022 because of the economic damage caused by the coronavirus pandemic, an unprecedented loss that would trigger deep spending and job cuts, according to a National League of Cities analysis released Thursday, May 14."

(no link because you have to subscribe...)

That's about $1,000 per each for every living American. You have a family of four?

That is how Cuomo will do it if he gets the chance.

It is not possible to tax our way out of this MESS. It will take a record amount of GROWTH to ever pay this record debt down. Spending cuts would help but not near enough.

We had better keep Trump and the Senate and add the House. Put the Laffer Curve to work big time.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Mike70560
Originally Posted by hanco
Tax increases are coming

I believe so, too, Hanco.

Louisiana has taken it between the cheeks with Covid and oil prices.

And lack of Tort reform. And greedy politicians.

Mike, read yesterday’s 2 The Advocate.

The house has passed a bill to the senate and it is a considerable one regarding Tort Reform and the Louisiana Trial Lawyers association is having a genuine scchitt fit.

I do believe that this one is gonna pass both houses.

Check it out.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
"U.S. cities are projected to lose about $360 billion of revenue through 2022 because of the economic damage caused by the coronavirus pandemic, an unprecedented loss that would trigger deep spending and job cuts, according to a National League of Cities analysis released Thursday, May 14."

(no link because you have to subscribe...)

That's about $1,000 per each for every living American. You have a family of four?

That is how Cuomo will do it if he gets the chance.

It is not possible to tax our way out of this MESS. It will take a record amount of GROWTH to ever pay this record debt down. Spending cuts would help but not near enough.

We had better keep Trump and the Senate and add the House. Put the Laffer Curve to work big time.

Bows, the “debt “ will never be paid. Never.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Take that !!!
LOL>>>>>>>>LOL>>>>>>>>LOL>>>>>>>>>LOL.........Ya see? My arrows point to the right......LOL

[/quote]

Well the local market has a seniors only shopping time every morning and you have to be 60 + to get in and show ID.

I barely make the cut.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
So's you vote Democrat, cause they give you free money!

This does not work because the government obtains its funds from the subjects. Just one state New Jork is behind by about 60 billion dollars already. They will make up losses by imposing hidden taxes. Americans enjoy small taxes, therefore, the government will come up with many little taxes for its citizens.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Take that !!!

Grins
.....Oh yeah? Well exactly how young is a young 'UN?
[/quote]

Well the local market has a seniors only shopping time every morning and you have to be 60 + to get in and show ID.

I barely make the cut.[/quote] ......60 is not old...I am 66.....But thankfully my work or biz keeps me healthy and in good shape.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Take that !!!

Grins

I barely make the cut.[/quote] ......60 is not old...I am 66.....But thankfully my work or biz keeps me healthy and in good shape.[/quote]

Stay that way, Squeeze. From the moment you hit that recliner, the countdown goes into overdrive.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Take that !!!

Grins

I barely make the cut.
......60 is not old...I am 66.....But thankfully my work or biz keeps me healthy and in good shape.[/quote]

Stay that way, Squeeze. From the moment you hit that recliner, the countdown goes into overdrive. [/quote]................I love teaching M/Arts one on one to my 90+ students. That alone keeps me in great shape..

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Take that !!![/quote]...............Well gee..I still like you too there 'ol toots...........Although I am probably not quite as old as you are.

[/quote]

I barely make the cut.[/quote] ......60 is not old...I am 66.....But thankfully my work or biz keeps me healthy and in good shape.[/quote]

Stay that way, Squeeze. From the moment you hit that recliner, the countdown goes into overdrive. [/quote]................I love teaching M/Arts one on one to my 90+ students. That alone keeps me in great shape..
[/quote]

That’s impressive. Taking good people and making them better people. Time well spent.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by auk1124
I'm surprised they haven't raised gas taxes already. With gas prices and consumption both crashed, state road funds have to be flat broke, or on the verge of it. Unless Uncle Sam dumps boatloads of money into the state road funds, some sort of increased road fund tax seems fairly inevitable.

Federal gas tax increase when oil prices are at record low hurts less at the pump. Thats what Dems here say.

It’s no surprise that FHWA funding will drop due to loss of gas tax revenue, and that’s the 80 of the 80%/20% match that states use for road projects. Sheeple don’t realize that.

Indiana’s State revenue was $1 billion less in the month of April. Due to great leadership we have a $2 billion rainy day fund so able to weather it fir a while. Local government will see less revenue from the state, meaning they will have to cut, many drastically.

It’s gonna be a long row to hoe, that’s for sure.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Nothing’s easier than spending other people’s money.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

[/quote]

That’s impressive. Taking good people and making them better people. Time well spent.[/quote]................Thank u.......Gonna start getting back to work in about a week. Nobody will be wearing masks. Cannot teach martial arts with damn masks on. Restricts the O2 supply.....LOL.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (375sunrise, 257robertsimp, 10Glocks, 338reddog, 35, 35WhelenNut, 11 invisible), 842 guests, and 852 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,901
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.