Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by smokepole
Well, it's not like you need the JC Penney catalog anymore. What with the internet and all.

I don't know, it might start looking good if the toilet paper shortage keeps up.....

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by natman
Originally Posted by smokepole
Well, it's not like you need the JC Penney catalog anymore. What with the internet and all.

I don't know, it might start looking good if the toilet paper shortage keeps up.....

There’ll soon be enough political paperwork for that.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Nephew works in their corporate office. Has been in several roles with them over 15 years. Not sure his fate.
I’m not supporting big bonuses just before bankruptcy, but you’re not going to get decent management to come in to a severely struggling company and not have some extra financial incentive. They obviously did not save the company but it probably was not saveable.

NRA Patron
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
This is the second of many, Neiman Marus was the first. J.C. penny was dying while it was barely alive for the past several years. Others to follow.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
who shops at jc penney? apparently no one. but ya, i had no idea they were still a real store.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Fugging crooks azz raping bonuses for themselves before bankruptcy.

Scuzzballs been planning that for awhile.
Just didnt happen on a whim...

JC penney sucked the root anyways....

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
My mom worked at Penneys for years. It was a nice store with good customer service. I like being able to see and try things on before I buy. Guess most people today are too damn fat and lazy to get off their ass and go shopping.Don't know WTF they're going to do when all the stores are closed. I guess they'll just get fatter, lazier and dumber when all that's left is restaurants and bars to spend their free time

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Yep, and they gave their top executives multi million dollar bonuses yesterday so they could grab the money before the bankruptcy filing. They all need to be frog marched straight to jail.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...-bonuses-as-bankruptcy-looms/ar-BB1456Gn

Why? Those are the executives that have been working off their asses trying to save the company. They should be compensated for going down with the ship and loyalty.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Yep, and they gave their top executives multi million dollar bonuses yesterday so they could grab the money before the bankruptcy filing. They all need to be frog marched straight to jail.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...-bonuses-as-bankruptcy-looms/ar-BB1456Gn

Why? Those are the executives that have been working off their asses trying to save the company. They should be compensated for going down with the ship and loyalty.
Well they failed at their job. I've never been or ever expected to be rewarded for failure.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
damn good underwear. tighty whiteys and t-shirts

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B3

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Good riddance to the gay loving left wing [bleep] bags

GOD Bless America
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Quak
Good riddance to the gay loving left wing [bleep] bags

You caught them spying on you in the dressing room?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Can't remember the last time I was in one. I just am not a hard core retail shopper. Not a browser type of consumer.

I know what I want - buy and go about my day. The dept store model doesn't work on me. I'm also comfortable with the e-com experience vs in store so their footprint as a mall anchor store also was a bit outdated for me.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Dead business model. What took them so long?

What fresh Hell is this?
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Wore a lot of JCP clothing as a kid. One of my mother's preferred places to shop. Last couple shirts my wife purchased from them 30 years ago started unraveling and coming apart after 2nd or 3rd washing. Have not purchased anything from them since. Feel sorry for the working class folks losing their jobs. However, will not miss JCP...

For all the people saying the executives "deserve" the exorbitant retention bonuses for staying with a sinking ship... How about paying all of the hourly workers and admin staff the same prorata share of THEIR annual salary for a severance package ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Wore a lot of JCP clothing as a kid. One of my mother's preferred places to shop. Last couple shirts my wife purchased from them 30 years ago started unraveling and coming apart after 2nd or 3rd washing. Have not purchased anything from them since. Feel sorry for the working class folks losing their jobs. However, will not miss JCP...

For all the people saying the executives "deserve" the exorbitant retention bonuses for staying with a sinking ship... How about paying all of the hourly workers and admin staff the same prorata share of THEIR annual salary for a severance package ?

Orion,
You know the people who do the actual work and make the ship
go mean nothing. It's the Captain and the Pilot who ran the [bleep]
aground that are important. And deserve a golden parachute.

When she dies for good, the janitor and stock boy will be left with
rubber paychecks.

I laugh at the stuff I see where people say they will never look at
service employees the same after the Kungflu.

Bullcrap.
If you walked around 6 months ago, nose in the air looking down on those
people, it was about you, not them.

And corona isn't going to change your flawed, arrogant ash.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
I actually drove by a store yesterday in Williston, I said what the heck I didn’t know they were still around. She says they just filled....

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
20 years ago I bought all my clothes there. The staff was competent and helpful. Gradually, they eliminated staff and dumbed down the remainders. I stopped going there. Now I buy most of my stuff over the Internet--Joseph A. Bank, Orvis, and L.L. Bean. My dress suits will probably last me all the rest of my life. i might try Duluth, after reading that thread. Duluth has a store near here where you can try stuff on.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by Orion2000

Orion,
You know the people who do the actual work and make the ship
go mean nothing. It's the Captain and the Pilot who ran the [bleep]
aground that are important. And deserve a golden parachute.

When she dies for good, the janitor and stock boy will be left with
rubber paychecks.

I laugh at the stuff I see where people say they will never look at
service employees the same after the Kungflu.

Bullcrap.
If you walked around 6 months ago, nose in the air looking down on those
people, it was about you, not them.

And corona isn't going to change your flawed, arrogant ash.

I don't think anyone I know ever looked down on the person in that role. They just never believed that putting cans on a shelf, folded towels/pants/shirt on a table or changed the price on the pool noodles in Sporting Goods is exactly a "high skill" and worthy of 30 bucks an hour, a bronze statue and your face on a stamp.

Me

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Used to be I could get a decent WOOL sunday suit, wool shirts, etc.. wife could find her petites. not now.
Their model seems to be triple the price then put it on half off sale and throw in a 10 buck coupon for a walmart quality item

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 55 invisible), 2,938 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,970
Posts18,519,678
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.